Bootleg Green Day Album?

Instant Mash

I just bought this CD from a music store and it strikes me as REALLY fake. There is no record of it on any websites, the record company on the back has a very crap website which also has no record of it. I'm thinking of calling the police because the store is selling bootleg cd's (all the others on the same rack also looked fake). This is the first time I've seen this in the shop since its where I always buy me music so I'm going to put some pics up to see what you guys think.

Front cover

Back cover

Inside cover and CD

What do you guys think?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it looks fake to me. I would call on them.

Definitely fake. Although I think it'd be pretty cool to own.

I just bought this CD from a music store and it strikes me as REALLY fake. There is no record of it on any websites, the record company on the back has a very crap website which also has no record of it. I'm thinking of calling the police because the store is selling bootleg cd's (all the others on the same rack also looked fake). This is the first time I've seen this in the shop since its where I always buy me music so I'm going to put some pics up to see what you guys think.

Front cover

Back cover

Inside cover and CD

What do you guys think?

What tipped you off that it was fake? Was it the fact that almost every picture on the album was from 2004, not 1994, and though it was labled "live from Woodstock 94" there were no pics from Woodstock 94 on it.

of course its a fake bootleg....call the police, seriously.

Well I thought it was fake when I first saw it and considering every other album on the shelf was just as crap looking. Also the copyright is from 1996 when the pictures are way more recent. BTW I bought it out of curiosity and so I had something to go on if I do call them on it.

Well I thought it was fake when I first saw it and considering every other album on the shelf was just as crap looking. Also the copyright is from 1996 when the pictures are way more recent. BTW I bought it out of curiosity and so I had something to go on if I do call them on it.

Makes you wonder if one day someone will happen to find a "cigarettes and valentines" bootleg in a store like that.

Makes you wonder if one day someone will happen to find a "cigarettes and valentines" bootleg in a store like that.

Quite right! I hope so.... :lol:

Quite right! I hope so.... :lol:

I don't, I heard it sucked.....from green day themselves.

I don't, I heard it sucked.....from green day themselves.

Maybe so but it would still be awesome to own.

Sue them.

thats happened to me before. Yours is definatly fake.

haha the cops probably wont care, that sorta shit is out of their control the federal police might have a look into it. if they aint to busy with that Indian guy here on the gold coast lol. any who knows GD might've given the rights to that record company and it was unknown and they produced minimal copies who knows.

you'd be calling the cops for the sake of being a twat...its a fake..woooo...get over it....or unless you wanna put even more money in Green Day's pockets?

Well I sent an Email about it including pics to Reprise Records and also asked if they could tell me anything about it. Hopefully I will get a reply soon.

It definatley looks dodgy... specialy the cd it self with the writing all over the place <_<

I know you wanted to help...but do you have nothing better to do? What do you think you will get out of this? You bought the CD, so are you going to give Green Day (or their company) their money? This happens all the time, bootlegging has gone on for over half a century, look, its not exactly Hendrix at Woodstock...its just a mud slinging wankfest.

I know you wanted to help...but do you have nothing better to do? What do you think you will get out of this? You bought the CD, so are you going to give Green Day (or their company) their money? This happens all the time, bootlegging has gone on for over half a century, look, its not exactly Hendrix at Woodstock...its just a mud slinging wankfest.

:rolleyes:

the band arent going to give the rights to the songs they played at woodstock to some unknown company when those songs were released on other albums.

Shoosh.

Well considering theres no record of it anywhere (including the internet), it does seem a bit suspicious and that even the company written on the back has no record of it.

And the fact that it was "apparantly" released in 1996 when the photos on the cover are from 2000-2005!

Maybe so but it would still be awesome to own.

true. But those tapes were erased. Not stollen, erased.

I'm telling you, Rob Cavallo was so disappointed with Cigarettes & Valentines that he erased it all.

He knew green day could do so much better.

Or green day erased it themselves.

Archived