Movie: 'Across the Universe' and Green Day

Rachel!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What?! I didn't hear it?

the drum beat sounds like the one in Are We The Waiting, but it's not

thats not are we the waiting. It didnt sound like it at all.

There wasn't a single non-Beatles tune in that trailer.

*psst*, I think that was the point :)

*psst*, I think that was the point :)

I think the only person who doesn't get that point is maybe the topic starter. =/

Nope, I don't think like it sounds like at it all. :huh:

uh... the whole movie is a bunch of beatles covers, meaning, if the poster was correct, GREEN DAY ripped off the beatlessecondly, i am pretty sure your talking about the song "I Want You (Shes So Heavy)". Even though the cover version in this trailor sounds a lot different than the originaldoes anyone here listen to the beatles?

First off, I was remarking by all modern rock music, not specifically this movie, you twat. Of course the beatles influenced green day, but today, green day's sound seems to influence a lot of contemporary bands in the rock genre.

:rolleyes:i am sure hollywood is having a big laugh over "Across The Universe"yeah must be, cause we all know that all big budget movies put out by hollywood are nearly always good <_<

Your sarcasm is unappreciated. Plus you misunderstood me. I was implying that this movie in particular was a joke, not all indie films. I like indie films. Maybe if you weren't so quick to judge and actually read posts as opposed to just skimming them, maybe you'd make these mistakes less often, you fucking ass.

Your sarcasm is unappreciated. Plus you misunderstood me. I was implying that this movie in particular was a joke, not all indie films. I like indie films. Maybe if you weren't so quick to judge and actually read posts as opposed to just skimming them, maybe you'd make these mistakes less often, you fucking ass.

My sarcasm is unappreciated? Yes my post was sarcastic, but hardly scathing or mean spirited. I dont think I said anything that called for an insult like, "you fucking ass". First off

1. This movie is hardly an indie film, underground, or an "obscure" movie

2. If you notice, I never commented on the quality of "Across the Universe"

My point is that it is dumb to think that Hollywood as a whole has come to the conclusion that Across the Universe, or any movie is a joke. Do you think that all the directors, movie execs, and actors of Hollywood meet in some club and say stuff like, "Did you hear about that Across the Universe movie?? What a pile of shit!"?

Archived