Movie: 'Across the Universe' and Green Day

Rachel!

I was watching the trailer on YouTube for the new movie 'Across the Universe' - some Beatles-themed/wartime/love story/dreamy special effects psychedelia flick that comes out September 23, I think... and on the second time I watched it I noticed a two-second clip of something that sounded suspiciously like "We Are The Waiting" from AI, fused with another song or something. I, being a complete, Green-Day obsessed psycho have must have listened to that song at least fifty thousand or so times, and though the sound byte is extremely short, it sounds just like Green Day.

Have a listen/watch:

here!!

Listen at about 1:30 and you'll hear it. Weird.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm. Thats strange.

I wanna see this like no ones business though.

it just has a drum track that remembers are we the waiting.

its not it though, don't worry.

the sound of the drum is completely different from tre's.

it's just the ending of another song.

Hmm. Thats strange.

I wanna see this like no ones business though.

Really? Because I heard it was just awful.

Apparently this movie has become sort of an inside joke in Hollywood, because so much money was put into it, and yet it apparently is just a bad movie.

it sounds like a pretty good idea, im not sure, so i guess theres nothing better to do then to watch it and find out.

I was watching the trailer on YouTube for the new movie 'Across the Universe' - some Beatles-themed/wartime/love story/dreamy special effects psychedelia flick that comes out September 23, I think... and on the second time I watched it I noticed a two-second clip of something that sounded suspiciously like "We Are The Waiting" from AI, fused with another song or something. I, being a complete, Green-Day obsessed psycho have must have listened to that song at least fifty thousand or so times, and though the sound byte is extremely short, it sounds just like Green Day.

Have a listen/watch:

here!!

Listen at about 1:30 and you'll hear it. Weird.

A lot of things sound like green day....many rock bands today have ripped of green day's sound, so its best just to ignore it.

A lot of things sound like green day....many rock bands today have ripped of green day's sound, so its best just to ignore it.
uh... the whole movie is a bunch of beatles covers, meaning, if the poster was correct, GREEN DAY ripped off the beatlessecondly, i am pretty sure your talking about the song "I Want You (Shes So Heavy)". Even though the cover version in this trailor sounds a lot different than the originaldoes anyone here listen to the beatles? :rolleyes:
Really? Because I heard it was just awful.Apparently this movie has become sort of an inside joke in Hollywood, because so much money was put into it, and yet it apparently is just a bad movie.
i am sure hollywood is having a big laugh over "Across The Universe"yeah must be, cause we all know that all big budget movies put out by hollywood are nearly always good <_<

Didn't hear anything.

And since it's a movie with the same title as a Beatles song, and I heard three different Beatles songs in the trailer, and the movie appears to take place in the late 60s...I'd say it probably not a Green Day song.

uh... the whole movie is a bunch of beatles covers, meaning, if the poster was correct, GREEN DAY ripped off the beatlessecondly, i am pretty sure your talking about the song "I Want You (Shes So Heavy)". Even though the cover version in this trailor sounds a lot different than the originaldoes anyone here listen to the beatles? :rolleyes:

Umm, yeah, lol!! And I agree with you, it sounds like a snippet from 'I Want You'. The Beatles are a big influence for Green Day, so it's not surprising that people hear echoes in there.

That movie looks amazing.

However, that wasn't Are We the Waiting. It was, as others have said, "I Want You".

Um yeah that's I Want You (She's so Heavy).

Here is the song on YouTube if you want to listen to it: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_BUS2kQsc58

I've watched that trailer about 76834967358937 times. That film's gonna pwn every other movie made in the last 5 years atleast.

you know I've known about this since February and it kinda bugs me now that every one wants to see it

you know I've known about this since February and it kinda bugs me now that every one wants to see it

Lol same here.

It's going to make me so envious of all the people that got to grow up in the 60s/70s though. :(

Lol same here.

It's going to make me so envious of all the people that got to grow up in the 60s/70s though. :(

I'm not, cause it wasn't really like that, plus, I dunno what the 70's have to do with it if it's surounding the beatles, but either way no Ramones

i love that movie but i didnt here the clip of are we the waiting around what time was it in the video

Archived