Why green day wasn't part of the live earth?

mimi-gdg

i wanted al gore to talk about manbearpig so bad.

instead he said things like, "now here's one of my favorite artists, the smashing pumpkins!"

and then we are supposed to believe that al gore listens to the smashing pumpkins.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i wanted al gore to talk about manbearpig so bad.

instead he said things like, "now here's one of my favorite artists, the smashing pumpkins!"

and then we are supposed to believe that al gore listens to the smashing pumpkins.

yeah me too but it was only on southpark

Because they better make a new album than play 3 songs we've all seen thousand times live, and because Live Earth is just a rip-off

because its LAAAAAAAAME

Yeah, Live Earth pretty much sucked.

So I'm glad Green Day wasn't a part of it.

i'm glad they didn't, that concert was a fucking embarassment.

did anybody see taking back sunday's set? you'll understand what i mean.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Fucking wretched.

If Green Day weren't asked to play, I'd be very surprised.

If they had played, lots of people on this board would now be bitching and moaning that they'd rather have Green Day spend all of its time working on their album instead of doing all these side projects!

because they realised that the whole thing cancelled out what it was trying to achieve, as loads of people had driven there?

because they realised that the whole thing cancelled out what it was trying to achieve, as loads of people had driven there?

Exactely.

back to the topic i would of been pissed to have only heard one chord even if i knew they were only going to play 1 chord

uhm... did you mean to post this in the White Stripes perform shortest show ever thread?

uhm... did you mean to post this in the White Stripes perform shortest show ever thread?

damn yeah i did i always click the wrong thread

Guest billy024

yea right they probably knew the concert was more negative to the environment then helpful for instance

people driving there

amps and microphones and all those electronics using fossil fuels

about 10,000 breathing the same vicinity creates a hell of alot of carbon dioxide

just to name a few

I was wondering the same thing, but I would rather have them working on the new album.

Green day is into a lot of protecting the environment stuff... why didn't they play at the concert?? Well the concert was not very good but... still. What do you think about it?

Because they have to be working on that new album they promised for next year, because albums don't make themselves.

Plus, the concert ended up doing more damage to the environment then good. You really think green day wants to be responsible for that?

Best thing about that whole concert was AFI, but I could be biased. It's weird that with all their current environmental projects that they didn't play, but most of these artists were asked WAY in advance, and GD doing their thing is pretty recent if you think about it.

i'm glad they didn't, that concert was a fucking embarassment.

did anybody see taking back sunday's set? you'll understand what i mean.

Which is odd because normally TBS are a great live band. (I've seen them)

yeah, you would think they they would play, but at the same time, i'm glad they didn't

I didn't kno that they weren't playing @ the concert, but I guess it's a good thing that they didn't coz it really really sucked. Would have been embarressing for them.

Archived