Funny tidbit about the Green Day/U2 performance in New Orleans newspaper

catholichornet

Last night, the New Orleans Saints won an ESPY (yearly sports awards) for best sports moment (the return to the Superdome after Hurricane Katrina). A local reporter caught up with the 4 Saints players who were in Los Angeles to accept the award, and asked them about their favorite moment from that night. This is what it said-

The pregame U2 and Green Day collaboration would be way up high in my personal dozen from that night, but the players weren't yet on the field and didn't get to experience it in person.

"I'd been wanting to see U2 and Green Day perform for about 15 years, and finally they perform in the Dome and I didn't get to see them live," linebacker Scott Fujita said. "So I went and downloaded the video on iTunes the next day."

I just thought that was funny. Here's the full link if you want to read-

http://blog.nola.com/davewalker/2007/07/ha...dats_backs.html

Oh that would SUCK! Being in the same place as two bands you love and not being able to see them.

Just buy a ticket and go. What the hell is he waiting for ?

That would have sucked to be there for that moment, but not have gotten a chance to actually watch it.

that guy gets paid shitloads of money. im sure he didnt want to see them that much cuz if he did, hed go to a concert by now.

that guy gets paid shitloads of money. im sure he didnt want to see them that much cuz if he did, hed go to a concert by now.

you know an NFL player can't be like, "hey coach, sorry i missed practice. i was at a green day concert."

believe it or not athletes don't have oodles of free time to go to concerts and etc.

you know an NFL player can't be like, "hey coach, sorry i missed practice. i was at a green day concert."

believe it or not athletes don't have oodles of free time to go to concerts and etc.

they're people just like anyone else. im pretty sure they have plenty of time set aside for their own lives.

they're people just like anyone else. im pretty sure they have plenty of time set aside for their own lives.

you would be suprised.

Archived