What Made You Love Green Day In The First Place?

Adz-GD-

seeing basket case on mtv many many years ago, and been hooked ever since :D

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was on aol music, and I remembered my dad played Holiday on his computer. I must have watched the Holiday video 50 times that day. That was actually what really got me into rock in the first place.

i heard WMUWSE on the radio when i was younger... billie's voice just charmed me...

Hahaha!! THat's the funniest thing I've read all day

I was over at my friend's house one day, and she put in a CD and turned it to number 18. I heard the line "I wanna be the minority" and I instantly fell in love. I asked her what band the song was by, and she replied, "Green Day." Even though that was in the American Idiot-era I heard that. I'm a new Green Day fan, I suppose.

sparked my interest to find out more

haha. I just thought that was kind of cool.

A LONG time ago I got this mix CD that had like 5 songs off of Dookie. I thought they were cool, but didn't really get into it much.

Then my friend was sort of obsessed with International Superhits, so that got me into them more. And then randomly, my mom started talking about going to some Green Day concert, and my dad had Dookie (I stole it from him) so I listened to it and it was awesome, so then I checked the rest of their music out, bought American Idiot, and eventually everything else.

There are so many of these similar threads now.

Minority, that song was awesome.

dont you mean 96'

Why would I mean '96? The song is called '86', and I first heard it in 1995, about a month after it came out. Am I missing something?

I'd heard of Dookie. My uncle had the cases for that and Insomniac on his CD shelf, so naturally I went for Dookie first and the case was empty. Fine, no big deal. Put the Insomniac disc in his computer, picked track #7 because I like the number, and away we went. Twelve years later, '86' is still one of my favorite jams.

That is a fantastic song. One of my fave GD songs, or actually fave songs period.

Great way to get into GD that's for sure!

That is a fantastic song. One of my fave GD songs, or actually fave songs period.

Great way to get into GD that's for sure!

Thanks! I'm totally a sucker for a fairly simple, yet complementary bassline. Mike Dirnt's best work was on that album, IMO.

Well, i didnt really love it at first because they would play Wake Me Up When September Ends on the raido all the time but then my friend told me about their webstie. so then i kept listening to them at school more and my first CD of theres was American Idiot. I LOVE THAT CD!!! now i have almost all of them!!

The first person in my family to take an interest in Green Day was my younger sister, who was eight when she bought American Idiot. I was eleven at the time, and after hearing AI, and their other records, I followed suit and became a fan, too. The song that really made me a fan was 'Wake Me Up When September Ends'. {Which I actually thought was about 9/11 back then! :lol: }

When i heard Redundant for the first time<33 &&

Archived