What Made You Love Green Day In The First Place?

Adz-GD-

I saw them on TV in 1994. I had never heard of them, and they played Welcome to Paradise on Conan, and I couldn't believe it. I was completely blown away. There was so much boring music around, and this was like nothing else that was on TV or the radio.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been listening to Green Day ever since Dookie came out.

I began to play guitar and that's when I really got hooked on them.

Green Day is addicting as crack.

:mellow:

I saw BOBD on Tv in 2004. And.... When I heared that song I was just paralyesed!! Billie's voice was so sad and beautiful...That song was...just about my own world...I love it!!!

wow, it's weird, seeing all these folk on here and most of them knew GD from the AI period....I feel so old.....anyway, i first saw the When I Come Around video when i was veeeeeerry young, like, 1993-1995, It wasnt love at first sight, because my sister loved them at the time, i never liked anything my sister liked..it was gay, so, when Insomniac came out, i deemed them too heavy (i was an MJ fan). Eventually Nimrod came out and i finally liked them, Hitchin a Ride was awesome at the time (until about 2001, where he pretended to wank EVERY SINGLE TIME, and then years later on BIAB, hes STILL doing it...and Mike is STILL laughing at it..."oh that Billie Joe...he's so funny") I still wasnt a full fan...until Warning I think, that album, i have a massive promo poster, its kinda rare because of a botched date or something, anyway, i heard Waiting, Minority, Misery, and I finally fell in love...then American Idiot came out and well...not so much anymore.

Well American Idiot just the most popular album...You know... But for me it's always will be 1039/smoothed out slappy hours...and Kerplunk! (I bought it in 2006) I love old songs...

"omg lyke billie joe iz sooooo hawt."

I heard that somewhere.

:unsure:

the first time I saw the music video of American Idiot, I strarted to get more interested on them and from there I become a fan :)

around the dookie times when i heard those lyrics i was all up in green days face

I'd heard of Dookie. My uncle had the cases for that and Insomniac on his CD shelf, so naturally I went for Dookie first and the case was empty. Fine, no big deal. Put the Insomniac disc in his computer, picked track #7 because I like the number, and away we went. Twelve years later, '86' is still one of my favorite jams.

I'd heard of Dookie. My uncle had the cases for that and Insomniac on his CD shelf, so naturally I went for Dookie first and the case was empty. Fine, no big deal. Put the Insomniac disc in his computer, picked track #7 because I like the number, and away we went. Twelve years later, '86' is still one of my favorite jams.

dont you mean 96'

Twelve years later, '86' is still one of my favorite jams.

cool..i love this song too :thumbsup:

hm..unfortunately,i began listen to GD too late...and i've missed the time when they only became famous :/

i heard WMUWSE on the radio when i was younger... billie's voice just charmed me...

i heard WMUWSE on the radio when i was younger... billie's voice just charmed me...

how old were you about 4 years ago?

I was 12 and I saw the video for Longview in 1994 when it came out. I was like who are these guys? When Dookie was released I bought the album and I was in love since then.

When I see the American Idiot music video on television

that video is perfect :cool:

I love their sound, its so big- everything is just cranked when mixed. The thing that really got me hooked was Tre Cool's precision drumming. That opening fill on Longview did it for me and I've been listening since then.

Archived