Green Day Lyrics Vs. Music

Fuzz

I'm wondering what makes a Green Day song more desirable to you: lyrics or music?

I've been listening to quite a bit of Green Day while I've been at my parents, and I started to think if I would like a song more if I thought the lyrics were great, or if the music was catchy. Because they have some songs that don't have some really thought provoking lyrics, but the music is just freaking great. On the other hand, they have some songs with some amazing lyrics but the music isn't as catchy as some others (which unfortunately seems to disqualify the song from being a mainstream hit).

So, which is it for you? It's kinda a tough question, but I think i'd go with lyrics. After the first time I heard Minority (which was the first song GD song i heard) i kept listening to it over and over because i loved the lyrics. Then again, if the music was boring, I would have probably thrown it away early on.

Explain your answer if you can please.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lyrics mean shit to me, it's definitely music for me

music. i dont really consider green day to be "deep" or whatever. if i want lyrics ill listen to bad religion or rap or something.

I have been thinking this over for a while ...It actually is a really hard question.

I have always loved lyrics, I love words. That some people can actually say things so incredibly powerful just by the way they put them together.

As far as the music, it has been my experience if I like the lyrics, I like the tune as well. I mean, the sound fits the lyrics, which fits the mood. If it is written well.

Billie, Mike and Tre tend to do that very well. They capture what Billie's lyrics are saying with both his words, and the sound.

There are always the really fun songs though, with ridiculous lyrics, but great music, and I think everyone loves those!

For me it's really the music that grabbed me and does still. The first GD album I heard was Dookie and I loved it from the first moment, even thought there wasn't anything in the lyrics that spoke to me personally (I was 30 years old.)

They have some great lyrics, and it adds a lot to my respect and enjoyment of their work, but yeah, it 's the music for me.

To me, it's lyrics because it shows how gifted the artist is. It shows creativity, intelligence, and sometimes, it even reveals a bit of their personality. Lyrics can also be very meaningful to some people, especially when you can easily to relate to them as a lot of us can relate to most of GD's songs.

Honestly, almost anyone can create a catchy song, but not everyone has the gift of writing lyrics for it. Amazingly, Billie Joe can do both, a talent very few artists possess. Most of Green Day's songs have great rhythm and amazing lyrics, and what I like about their lyrics is that not only I can easily relate to them, but I am also taken on a "musical journey" while I listen to them. It's just something amazing that I can't really describe...but I'm sure some of you have experienced it.

But I definitely think a song's meaning (lyrics) is more important than it's rhythm. To me, it's what truly makes a song.

The lyrics. They all pretty much have a great meaning behind them even if it is about masturbating. :lol: Its something we've all went through,feeling,or going through.

If the music is crap, I won't stick around long enough to get into the lyrics. But, if the music is catchy, and I look into the lyrics and they're crap, I wont stick around either.

So to be a politician, I like both.

Im the same, sometimes if the music is crap then I don't want to listen to it. I absoluty hate macy's day parade, the music is boring and it makes the whole song sound crap.

The music, generally if I like the music I'll look into the lyrics but they don't make me like a song. It's all about the way it sounds. If a song sounds like crap, I wouldn't listen to it just for the lyrics. I don't think that serves much purpose.

Im the same, sometimes if the music is crap then I don't want to listen to it. I absoluty hate macy's day parade, the music is boring and it makes the whole song sound crap.

what the hell? that songs awesome.

what the hell? that songs awesome.

No it isnt, it's one of the worst song's I've ever heard.

No it isnt, it's one of the worst song's I've ever heard.

hahaha youre gay

Lyrics are important to me but if music is good and lyrics are not I will listen to that song anyway

most of the lyrics I dont understand so its deff the music.

Definately the music. In the song Fashion Victim, I'd have to say I think the music is kinda boring, but the lyrics are really, really good. I think I would peobably really like that song better if it had better music. But then again, I think I'd probably like some other songs better if they had better lyrics. So i think it's kinda both

i don't know...

i need good lyrics, it does not matter how cool the song is if the lyrics suck.

but good music...it's important...

i guess i need both, but i don't have to worry, cause i think green day got them both...

The music come in first hand for me. after all, it's music not poetry i'm listening to.

s'all about the lyrics. i love words, how they formed, what they can imply, so for me, green day's lyrics mean more to me than their music.

Archived