Green Day played at Gilman in '03?

Minna

I went to Gilman for the first time in November. Honestly it's not all its cracked up to be. I really don't think they would care if Green Day played or not. I fact, at least two members of Green Day were there new years eve, according to my friend who was there.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a book about gilman and it lists at the back whose played at every show from its opening to 2003 and its says they played on Sep 16 2001 as did The Influents, Thumbs, One Time Amgels and a band called Agent 51. So even those at Gilman arent pretending it didnt happen.

I went to Gilman for the first time in November. Honestly it's not all its cracked up to be. I really don't think they would care if Green Day played or not. I fact, at least two members of Green Day were there new years eve, according to my friend who was there.

gilman is a total dive! but then what would you expect from a run down warehouse type building run by a non-profit making group of punks? its not the way it looks, its the bands you get there. as for them not caring if green day played in the last few years or not, maybe they at least have moved on from that pettiness even if some of the fans havent. plus, if I remember rightly, the band have supported the place financially ever since they started making money from the band.

Guest stjimmyflake

I got a book about gilman and it lists at the back whose played at every show from its opening to 2003 and its says they played on Sep 16 2001 as did The Influents, Thumbs, One Time Amgels and a band called Agent 51. So even those at Gilman arent pretending it didnt happen.

here is the list of gilman shows green day played http://www.greendaydiscography.com/gdgilman.html

i dont really think they played in 03... :ermm:

and that dvd was filmed on Sep 16 2001 and worth every penny

here is some screen shot

http://img293.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1609200101yd8.png

http://img249.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1609200103rc7.png

they were. but people grow up.

grow up and open their eyes to what is real and what is fake.

i thought one of the gilman rules was "No signed bands". Hence the reason green day couldn't back.

I dunno, like in my town we have the Flying Monkey/Burning Nun (it's an old mill) which is our punk show place like Gilman and the Pink Spiders used to play there before they got signed and all and I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't be allowed to play there anymore. But people grow out of that.

To have been there at the early Green Day shows must have been similar to watching The Beatles at the Cavern.

i thought one of the gilman rules was "No signed bands". Hence the reason green day couldn't back.

band signed to major labels were the ones refused entry. I think bands signed to small indie labels were okay, hence them playing there when they were on lookout records. signing to reprise was what got them banned, or shall we say "86`d"

like I said before I think, I`m pretty sure they have supported gilman street since all that. and enough adeline bands have played there in the past and still do.

the cavern comparison is a good one. enough "tourist" go there simply because of the green day connection. I know thats partly why I went there. but then again, seeing the influents live was a huge part of it as well and I`m glad I did get to see them play as it was an awesome gig. Jason is hilarious once he gets going too! :P

aww that is amazing. I didnt know you were THERE! Lucky you. But you are right I would be a tourist going if I ever make it there.

To have been there at the early Green Day shows must have been similar to watching The Beatles at the Cavern.

Awesome. :lol: Yay for The Cavern!

Archived