Is It Still About Green Day For You?

steve2606

This may have been done before, if so i apologize. Do you use this forum more for the Green Day related topics, and to post in them, or do you treat it more like a general forum just to post your opinions on things? I personally only come on here to read general topics. While i still listen to them occasionally, i'm not too interested in what the're doing anymore. Which is a shame, since they were my favourite band at one point. I guess i just grew out of them... (slight digression).

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they're still my fav band but I come here is to post about any topic, their's or not, and to see some friends I've made during my time in the forum.

I listen t Green Day, the difference is that I don't see them on tv every singly minute, but yesterday I saw diferent interviews and videos I downloaded to my dvd and I realized how much I love them.

for the general forum, i still like green day a lot, but i like to know what going throw the mind of others, and i like to listen to stupid thing when i'm bored, like right now

(i'm bored :bored: )

To be honest, it really isn't about Green Day for me anymore either.

I still get all excited when they're on TV, like TRL today.. when they won the poll. I come here more for the people and the 'other' topics. I used to be afraid that I would stop liking their music, and I don't think I should have felt that way. I think they're where music started for me, and I respect them for that.. but I've grown and learned to like other bands, one in particular that I don't plan on losing anytime soon.

I come here cause it's always interesting. Now that Green Day is hiding in their corners, there isnt very much news.

i come for both. GD is still one of my favorite bands but i like the general discussion. there isnt much going on with green day right now anyways so the general chat is good. this is the best forum ive been on. ive been to some others and they suck. so i like the variety of this forum.

I used to be afraid that I would stop liking their music, and I don't think I should have felt that way. I think they're where music started for me, and I respect them for that.. but I've grown and learned to like other bands, one in particular that I don't plan on losing anytime soon.

I used to feel/think pretty much that and the same happened to me

Lolz I can't even stand Green Day.

This forum's always busy and general. That's the only reason I come here.

I love that this is a place for people that like Green Day, but also that not every single thing in it is for Green Day. I also like the fact that if you want to talk about Green Day you can without being bashed.

Anyways, I don't think that really has much to do with the topic, soo, I use the GDC for Green Day stuff, and to express my opinion on things. :)

Lolz I can't even stand Green Day.

This forum's always busy and general. That's the only reason I come here.

Can you un ban me now from beejay? :P

I do read Green Day topics, find pictures etc etc

but I like this forum a lot for the other topics

Like the Off Topic Section=love

I come for the general discussion. They are one of my favourite bands but i dont come on GDC thinking "I want to talk about Green Day!"

Guest 16PaperLanterns

I hardly talk about Green Day on here anymore. It's more for the ability to talk to people that have something in common with me. I still love Green Day, and stay up late to see them at awards shows, but GDC isn't a place I go to to talk about Green Day all the time.

I used to be afraid that I would stop liking their music, and I don't think I should have felt that way. I think they're where music started for me, and I respect them for that.. but I've grown and learned to like other bands, one in particular that I don't plan on losing anytime soon.

same thing happened to me :/ I still like listening to them but not as much as I used to. Now I just come here for general chat and cause I made some really good friends on here.

Honestly, it isn't about Green Day for me anymore. Don't get me wrong, I still love the band, but I've sorta lost interest in them, even though the main reason why I joined this forum was to interact with other Green Day fans, like me.

So, to me, this is more like a "general chat" forum than a "Green Day" forum.

I don't look for Green Day here. The pictures and all that stuff....I feel like lazy for that.

i come here to cause i have a desk job again and it gives me something to read.

green day has been my favorite band forever, but i like alot of different music.

thankfully people here don't talk about them all the time.

:)

i haven't been on a forum since the old greenday.com board, years ago, but this place reminds me of it.

both, i guess. During this time, when there isn't much green day news, it's mosty general around here anyway- but i still get all happy inside whenever i see a green day topic posted, or bumped- they still mean the world to me :happy:

When i hear a song like Christie Rd., or Westbound Sign, or Favorite Son, i get all jolt-y and want to squeal loudly like the 9 yr old girl i am on the inside. And also, becuase of green day i've started listening to alot of really good bands i wouldn't have known otherwise; and i think i'm a better, less idiotic person because of it. I never want to be who i was pre-good music ever again. If i met the person i was then now a days, i'd hate her. lmao

I always get super excited when GD are on TV or in the news and I always check the main GD websites for more news. But the other discussions on here are also interesting although I prefer the GD topics and pics. :D

I always thought that when all the AI fury got to an end, lot's of people would eventually leave this place....and that happened.

well there aren't many Green Day topics around and if one does crop up it's usually something that's already been discussed before. it's about both really. at the moment i just reply to the general topics as that's all there is, but when their new record comes out and there's lots of topics here, i'll participate, as i'll want to discuss the album.

Archived