Parents singing along to Green Day songs

Billie Joe's Girl 4ever

My dad sings BOBD, WMUWSE, and When I Come Around.

But, he does it very off-key and gets the words wrong on purpose just to annoy me. :rolleyes:

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My mom tries to sing Minority and Holiday...but she doesnt know he words so she acts out the music. like drums

and since my dad cant stand Billie Joe he sings BOBD like this

"i walk this empty street, looking for a dress that is my size"

He thinks he is girly because he wears eyeliner......but i think its cool!

hahaha :lol::lol: it's funny

my parents don't like GD :down:

My mom loves Time oy your life, Holiday and Macy's day parade. I don't pay attention to that

my mom will sing along to BOBD, Good Riddance, WMUWSE, and sometimes Holiday whenever they're on the radio.

but I've never heard my dad sing or hum anything Green Day

My mum tries to sing along with Wake Me Up When September Ends, but it doesn't work out that great. She makes it like it's the happiest fucking song on the face of the planet, but she just doesn't get it, no matter how many friggin times I have to tell her. :wacko:

My dad doesnt like Green Day but since my mom doesnt usually know the words so she hums or whistles.... lol

my mom just dances a silly dance and plays weird air guitar..sometimes she will makeup the lyric just to make fun of the songs..like bakset case "do you have the time to listen to me whine" "do do muppet man the Tintin robbed the bank"

The message tone on my phone is the intro to minority...my phone goes off and dad and my brother both start singing. And i got woken up by my parents singin american idiot in the next room a couple of days ago, which was really weird, cause mum only knows about 3 words. So yes, my parents (at least, my dad) sings GD songs with embarrassing regularity.

Hah, my parents don't just sing along they go to all the concerts and mosh. At one concert a few years back some college kid grabbed my mom and hugged her when Green Day came out:blink:. My dad thought it was hilarious.

my dad sings bobd and my mom is always singing minority. they don't know about the profanity yet, and i can't wait till they find out :eyebrows:

The message tone on my phone is the intro to minority...my phone goes off and dad and my brother both start singing. And i got woken up by my parents singin american idiot in the next room a couple of days ago, which was really weird, cause mum only knows about 3 words. So yes, my parents (at least, my dad) sings GD songs with embarrassing regularity.

:lol:

My parents hate them my parents are republicans so they like bush and the dont like american idiot(dont go making fun of me cuase of what my parents think and are) but today I was listing to green day do rock the casbah and we are champions and she sang along but she does like the clash and queen so... it did not have enything really to do with green day but surprising! her and billies taste in music are just about the same likes ramones and she does have ziggy stardust spiders from mars (if thats right) on vynal! but she still cant stand eny of Green day music and when i was watching bullet in a bible she watched like 5 minutes of an interviw and was like this is very innoproperiet (im not a good speller) and my dad just doesnt care! but she likes coutry!so she is not cool

my dad was just singing to macy's day parade a few minutes ago. It was cool though because he can actually sing :)

My mum tries to sing along with the songs, but she doesn't know the words. She makes up words for the chorus and hums the verses. :rolleyes:

yeah, whenever my dad hears When I Come Around he sings it, and my aunt sings every song cause she knows all the GD songs, so we're all like one big Green Day family!

Yes, my parents sing GD songs..

My dad knows all of the songs that are played on the radio and the ones on AI. My mom knows one or two of the old ones, and she has AI on her iPod.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It just means that we can agree on what to listen to in the car. :)

Archived