Green Day's playing

The Doctor

i have to agree with you. :thumbsup:

Thank ou :)

To all of you geniuses who responded to my post about how I hate how Billie puts on an American accent...it was SARCASM!! The original post said something about how he puts on an American accent and the remark was idiotic because he is American and that is the way he talks. I was bringing attention to the ridiculousness of the remark.

You guys need to get a clue.

We were just testing you to make sure you were paying attention :woot::pinch::lol: you have passed the test :thumbsup:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate the way Billie puts on that damned American accent.

Whats An American Accent?

How do they prnounce things differantly?

Sorry,I'm Canadian And I just don't notice because the accent is liek the same as mine

Whats An American Accent?

How do they prnounce things differantly?

Sorry,I'm Canadian And I just don't notice because the accent is liek the same as mine

Go up 3 posts and read.

Ok, She has way too much time on her hands and thinks about it to much.

She must have sat there and listened over and over again to come up with that.

Its about the enjoymet not the perfection.

I disagree with everything she said.

Just love them for who they are and what they play, not on how "perfect" they need to sound.

Tell her to go for a walk or something

Everyone has different taste, obviously, your friend isn't a Green Day:er, i myself can't see most of the things she pointed out in the songs..

billies solos on 39 smoothed and kerplunk were amazing, also the sound, but his guitar playing on ai isn´t that great anymore, but i stilllike it

"The thing about rock & roll, good rock & roll - whatever good means and all that shit - is that it's real..... If it's real, it's simple usually, and if it's simple, it's true. Something like that."

John Lennon; great guy, fucking terrible at that Liverpudlian accent, though! :)

who cares if there basic guitar chords alot of there first songs are basic chords thats wat makes gthem them they dont try to make the music hard but they make the music sound awsome

anyone agree?

Well, to begin with, some people just aren't meant to be a Green Day fan... Of course, with the way your friend was critisizing their music, you friend is going to have a fun time finding music she likes -- she sounds like she wants near perfection from them.

I personally don't care what all of it sounds like individually, because it all works together in the end. I will admit that I am far from an expert when it comes to the drum, bass guitar, and guitar, because I don't play any of those instruments. And shouldn't the content of the music account mainly for whether you like a band or not..? Shouldn't you be able to connect with the songs in some way? Isn't that the main reason most people like Green Day, or any other band? I know I do, but I may just be a weirdo on here, too. I haven't figured that out yet.

And yes, they sound awesome.

Why do people get so *FREAKING* technical?! When I listen to Green Day, I just listen to it. I don't really play an instrument so I don't GIVE a damn about how the guitars or bass sound. I like the music, regardless of how it's played or sung. And I *LIKE* Billie Joe's voice, dammit.

Everyone has diffrent taste in what kind of music they listen to.

Billie Joe has said he just wants to play music, he doesn't want to impress anyone.

Tre is a great drummer, but it'd seem out of place to have Tommy Lee-tyle drum patterns in a Green Day song.

Your friend is entitled to her opinion, but she has to realize not everyband needs to have 10 minute solos and 30 diffrent drum-beats per song to sound good.

To each his own, though.

:blink:

That's what I was thinking :rolleyes: she's silly. Actually I don't know if she thinks they are american or not.

Everyone I know thinks they're Canadian, so... she probably doesn't :lol:

Send her, like, welcome to paradise, chump-transitioninglongview, a live clip of knowledge... something that actually has the guitar syncing up to the drums syncing up to the bass, but with three completely different parts going on. She might actually acknowledge how good they are, even if only slightly.

The second and third examples you sent aren't really that great, but i don't know wtf she was thinking about Christie Road

I need a stiff drink. Or a gun.

Your fillin ava makes me think you're senile :) I like you :thumbsup:

my answer to this is simple

i like their music.. so does millions of other people. so why waste your time analyzing tre's drum habits and billies guitar techniques. they make music for themselves and their fans, not for over critical cynics who think they know it all

We're talking about music GD recorded when they werent exactly the richest people in the world, in the best recording studio with the best equipment, right? When playing music you have to make do and mend, to get a good sound. You can't critisize musicians for things like a loose snare when A) it might be intentional and B) you can't really correct it now, can you??

I think your friend is like me, if I dont like something I wont just say so. I have to rip it to pieces to prove that I'm right :D

Of course, the loose snare is most likely from Tre' just beating the crap out of it :lol:

But you're completely right, and their instruments did suck bigtime until about Insomniac or Nimrod era.

here's a question Annie,why are you trying to

get your friend into Green Day,I have friends

who like them and some who don't (and then I

piss those ppl off by sining GD songs) and I don't

try to make them like GD so maybe you should just

leave your friend alone and maybe she'll come around :happy:

Archived