Green Day's playing

The Doctor

somebody who likes toto has no right to criticize music in such an indepth matter.

and what the hell is a "forced American accent?" usually if someone is American they sing in an American accent. that makes no sense whatsoever.

Haha I just realized that, its so true wtf? :huh::lol:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Phoebe.

We're talking about music GD recorded when they werent exactly the richest people in the world, in the best recording studio with the best equipment, right? When playing music you have to make do and mend, to get a good sound. You can't critisize musicians for things like a loose snare when A) it might be intentional and B) you can't really correct it now, can you??

I think your friend is like me, if I dont like something I wont just say so. I have to rip it to pieces to prove that I'm right :D

We're talking about music GD recorded when they werent exactly the richest people in the world, in the best recording studio with the best equipment, right? When playing music you have to make do and mend, to get a good sound. You can't critisize musicians for things like a loose snare when A) it might be intentional and B) you can't really correct it now, can you??

you took the words out of my mouth

whats a fake forced american accent? i dont get it, if theyre american and they sing....then i guess theyre going to have an american accent.

i agree with her on the guitar playing, Green Day does, apart from on 1039 SOSH, just play chords. Billie is hardly the Jimi Hendrix of guitar playing, but he never tries to say he is, and not everyone likes a load of riffs. one of the reasons i think Green Day are so big is because they keep it simple. i disagree with her about the drumming, i think Tre does put effort into what he's playing. i also disagree with her about creativity, i think Green Day have alot of creativity, they aren't afraid to experiment with new things. as for Billie's voice, that's personal opinion

yer but so are bands like iron maiden and motley crue and slipknot just to a name a few and there guitar playing insnt easy its actually quite hard there for the more experienced player

You can't compare Slipknot to Green Day, they're chalk and cheese. Knot is chalk, GD is cheese.

yes you can slipknots a band that dosen't get publicity like green day and still gets high record sales yet mtv dosent play there video's only if its headbangers ball really or unless its voted in or some shit

well that the awesome part about Green Day, they make awesome music with basic chords.

and thats how Tre plays, and i think it sounds great :)

You can't compare Slipknot to Green Day, they're chalk and cheese. Knot is chalk, GD is cheese.

I agree in a way.

but that just made me laugh, I laugh at anything cheese related for some reason :lol:

well that the awesome part about Green Day, they make awesome music with basic chords.

and thats how Tre plays, and i think it sounds great :)

I agree in a way.

but that just made me laugh, I laugh at anything cheese related for some reason :lol:

lol

i was just saying guitar wise how different they are and such

like you can get mick and jim from slipknot to be able to play green day but i dont think billie could play what they play no offence to bj i mean the guy has more guitar skill then i do

yer but so are bands like iron maiden and motley crue and slipknot just to a name a few and there guitar playing insnt easy its actually quite hard there for the more experienced player

are like what? i never said Iron Maiden and Motley Crue weren't whatever you're trying to say they are

yeah, and i'd pick cheese over chalk any day!

are like what? i never said Iron Maiden and Motley Crue weren't whatever you're trying to say they are

i said there not easy to play

lol its in there

and there guitar playing isnt easy its actually quite hard

lol

who cares, as long as it sounds good, and it does to me and obviously alot of other people. no need to get all technical with it.

and i have to say..."fake american forced accent" it's actually called how some people from southern california talk... why would they be trying to force american speach when they're actually from america :huh:

Yeah, but punk rock is about simplicity. Even the solos, if the songs even have one, are supposed to be very simple. If she wants something to analyze tell her to listen to some metal.

Yeah, but punk rock is about simplicity. Even the solos, if the songs even have one, are supposed to be very simple. If she wants something to analyze tell her to listen to some metal.

haha yer very true why is she listening to punk when she's saying its too simple for her what a weirdo

The KISS rule:

K.I.S.S .....Keep It Simple, Stupid!

Green Day are simple

Green Day are great.

You don't need amazing guitar solos to be a good guitarist. Billie Joe puts his all into his music and plays for the song, not to show off.

Mike is an excellent bassist (send her Stuart and the Ave., Longview or Stuck With Me or something).

Tre is an amazing drummer. He has his own style, let him be, God dammit :P

I think she knows a little bit about music and she's pretending she knows a lot by criticizing a band she knows is very popular and famous. She's trying to be cool by not liking something she knows most people like. She's a music snob and doesn't know very much about different types of music or, as others have said, she would know punk rock is about simple chords without solos. As for the drumming, she must not be a very good drummer because one thing almost everyone agrees on is that Tre is a kick ass drummer. Obviously he didn't play on 1039, but anything you played her from Kerplunk on, he plays on and he is one of the best, if not the best, drummers in rock/punk.

As a drummer, it's interesting she likes a drummer (Toto!) who she thinks sounds the same all of the time without variation, that's really creative and talented to play the same way all the time.

this person listens to toto.

TOTO.

that should be enough reason to make her opinion invalid.

i said there not easy to play

lol its in there

lol

what's the point you're trying to make? :lol: i never said their guitar playing wasn't hard. so what if it is?

That's what I heard from my pal. Simple, not interesting, therefore - sucks. First of all - punk rock is about simplicity. So it's about 3-4 chords repeated throughout the song. And sometimes I do feel as if they repeated themselves. But c'mon, BJ does some great things with his guitar. Mike's great with the bass.

My other pal, who knows much more about ALL kinds of music, unlike the first one - he told me they are pretty cool. Simplicity is that SOMETHING about their music. Or no, let me say 'simplicity'. Because I don't think their music is simple at all. And they are sure as hell creative. And the pal - he said Tre is thought to be one of the best drummers around. Pretty much what Tre says himself. Defending completed :cool:

exactly :)

Green Day have a lot of CREATIVITY (sp?)

my sister's husband said: their songs are really easy to play and a lot of people said that, but anyways they're rocks!!

Everyone talks about how easy their songs are to play and yet when people play them, they don't sound anywhere near as good.

I believe Toto doesn't even exist anymore, do they. Rosannnnnnnnnnaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please.

Archived