So... Where did Green Day go?

Havoc

Ok. :thumbsup: I kinda agree with you. They should get on with making the new album.

Yeah, and they should stop trying to be U2.

Next, we're going to see them playing a roof-top show :rolleyes:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grow up. Seriously. If you're not going to answer the man's question, don't post.

I can post whenever and wherever I want to.

Read half of these posts, there are only a few that are actually seriously.

Lighten up damn

Well, last week Billie Joe was in Hawaii, and I believe Mike and Tré are probably still here in California.

Okay, now, to be serious. How many fucking threads have we had on this kind of stuff? Does this thread make it a million? I think so.

Yeah, and they should stop trying to be U2.

Next, we're going to see them playing a roof-top show :rolleyes:

:lol: I hate U2.

I can post whenever and wherever I want to.

Read half of these posts, there are only a few that are actually seriously.

Lighten up damn

Yeah, post whatever you want to. But I think maybe we should try and make a better impression on new members, and not act like 5 year olds?

...Just an idea.

two things, you have changed and so have they. you didnt change in the same way they did. and it seems to me, rightly or wrongly that they grew but you didnt.

plus political joke? and punk not being about politics? I was under the impression that the bay area was full of politically active punks! most people go from not giving a damn about the world around them to actually caring and wanting to do something to change it.

Yeah, post whatever you want to. But I think maybe we should try and make a better impression on new members, and not act like 5 year olds?

...Just an idea.

What I said wasn't even half as bad as the stuff he's going to get later on.

That's just a small taste of whats to come from the other members.

Plus it's fun to give shit to new members 'cause this isn't a typical type of forum and it's funny what their reaction is.

Haha

What I said wasn't even half as bad as the stuff he's going to get later on.

That's just a small taste of whats to come from the other members.

Plus it's fun to give shit to new members 'cause this isn't a typical type of forum and it's funny what their reaction is.

Haha

yup, being a bully is great fun and so impressive isnt it.

Green Day have always been political. They just never thought they had a big enough voice to use their music as an outlet for it. American Idiot proved that they do. They're not trying to be politicians, just trying to make people think. Personally, I have absolutely no problem with that and I think they're awesome for doing it. Green Day -or musicians in general- have a lot of influence in young people who are going to be the ones who shape the future, and I'd be worried if they hadn't have stepped up to the plate and said something about it.

Green Day haven't gone anywhere. They're the same band they were back in the 80's/90's, only older, wiser, and more mature.

Damn it people, seriously. One rude comment is enough, you dont have to make a string of them, or fight back and forth on being a bully. :/

*knows people are going to be angry for this post*

sorry but to my mind thats just pathetic.

and to our new friend and thread starter.... green day are their own people. I know its disappointing when your favourite band takes a direction on that you dont understand and dont like.... but thats just the way it goes. find another band to follow. or start your own.

Green Day have always been political. They just never thought they had a big enough voice to use their music as an outlet for it. American Idiot proved that they do. They're not trying to be politicians, just trying to make people think. Personally, I have absolutely no problem with that and I think they're awesome for doing it. Green Day -or musicians in general- have a lot of influence in young people who are going to be the ones who shape the future, and I'd be worried if they hadn't have stepped up to the plate and said something about it.

Green Day haven't gone anywhere. They're the same band they were back in the 80's/90's, only older, wiser, and more mature.

exactly :)

How about you all stop giving the guy shit and spamming up the thread now ?

The words predictable and redundant spring to mind.

We might have talked about some of this stuff before but the occasional similar discussion can't hurt.

agreed! they have the language, understanding and confidence to say what they believe. damn shame that some people cant see that they have that side to them and still retain the silliness or whatever.

that was in answer to randomness`s comment.

find another band to follow. or start your own.

Green Day is one of the only bands that i can still play today and still follow what they think, or what they thought anyways... Start my own band, maybe if a i had any musical skills or a slight piece of talent i would, this is why i have to rely on other people music :)

I can see what you mean to some extent. They have done some things recently that have made me say ...ehh. But then I watch those videos of them being total assholes and it just reminds me of why I love them. Sure I know they have grown up, but whatever, I still think they are amazing.

Oh and your username reminded me of Davy Havoc. Talk about a band that has REALLY changed..

Oh and your username reminded me of Davy Havoc. Talk about a band that has REALLY changed..

god yeh! now that is change! you wouldn't know they were the same band listening to their earlier stuff. i think it's good that bands change, that's how bands last a long time

I am saying i dont like the 'change the world' thing yes, music should not be about politics. The same goes for U2

I agree with that. The whole 'I'm gonna go change the world!' thing. It seems as they're trying to be like super hero's kind of. And they want to stop global warming and the oil thing and stuff, but don't they carry all their equiptment for concerts in big trucks or buses? And then they ride in a tour bus. Do they realize that they're kind of being hypocrites by doing what they want to stop? Anyway, my point is they're musicians, not super-hero politions.

And if Billie goes to Bono's extremes for saving the world, I'll be very dissapointed.

The only thing I dissagree with you on right now, is the thing about Tre' being horrible, and Billie not being serious.

" Billie Joe has become one of those musicians you can't take seriously anymore, and when it comes to Tre Cool... i simply dont have the words to describe it... horrible might come close."

I still feel like you haven't clarified what you mean by this - why can't you take Billie Joe seriously - considering he's being pretty serious now - and what's Tre done to incur your wrath?

Green Day is one of the only bands that i can still play today and still follow what they think, or what they thought anyways... Start my own band, maybe if a i had any musical skills or a slight piece of talent i would, this is why i have to rely on other people music :)

now that I can totally understand! I`m as musical as half a brick. well not even that musical!

I know a lot of green day fans on the forums slag U2 off but I loved that band with a passion early on. but when they got into the whole "zooropa" thing or whatever it was I just didnt understand what the hell was going on! it bugged the hell out of me but I just thought stuff em. it pissed me off when the Roses split up because of the bitching that went with it. I`ve heard some of U2`s recent songs and maybe one day I`ll get back into them. but the early stuff I still love.

green day havent really done anything to make me stop and wonder what is going on with them. or whether its me thats changed enough for me to not understand what they are doing any more.

its good to know you can still listen to their music and enjoy it though. makes a change from those who just slag them off without even trying to understand why they dont like them any more. :)

Isn't there a quote from Billie Joe where he says: "Punk is not just a sound, it's a lifestyle. And it's a lifestyle I chose for myself. It's not about popularity. When we started out as a band, we played punk rock. Then we changed our sound, but we didn't change."

In other words I think he's saying that they changed their punk sound but they are still punks. Also, isn't it good to care what's going on then to not care?

Anyway, my point is they're musicians, not super-hero politions.

so they have to be just musicians do they? i really don't see what everyone's problem is, they are trying to do something good not bad. they have free speech just like the rest of us, and they know their voice has more power than say mine does, so they're using it to try to get a message across to kids that maybe haven't thought about it before. what harm is it doing?

so they have to be just musicians do they? i really don't see what everyone's problem is, they are trying to do something good not bad. they have free speech just like the rest of us, and they know their voice has more power than say mine does, so they're using it to try to get a message across to kids that maybe haven't thought about it before. what harm is it doing?

Oh boy. You sound like one of the people who flamed me for disliking the ad they did for NRDC.

It's not causing harm, but when you want a band to get off their asses and put out a new record, and they decide to do something that - to be completely realistic - is not going to do a damn thing, is frustrating.

I know for me, I want to hear them make music, not preach about oil.

" Billie Joe has become one of those musicians you can't take seriously anymore, and when it comes to Tre Cool... i simply dont have the words to describe it... horrible might come close."

I still feel like you haven't clarified what you mean by this - why can't you take Billie Joe seriously - considering he's being pretty serious now - and what's Tre done to incur your wrath?

I think it has been cleared well in this discussion, Billie Joe is on his way to become a person with Bono problems. Or said in another way; A musician who envolves and makes himself a 'brand' in world politics, without really having any influence.

Tre is imo just a silly middleaged man who should stop acting like a child. Whenever you see him, he has to draw attention to himself by putting on a silly face and stuff like that. If Green Day is striding to become such a serious band then its really misplaced imo.

Archived