So... Where did Green Day go?

Havoc

I am not saying old fans are superior in any way nor do i say Green Day have to continue exactly what they began with. They changed over the years in the 90's too.

They seem to be more mature yes, but maybe too mature and a riding the wave of being critial to world politics (no politic discussion on where to stand, please).

I think the made a mistake in bringing back Green Day as a new band. They should had said "We had a fantastic period with Green Day, but lets keep it there and start a new band with new goals".

I see where you're coming from. I think they need to slow down with riding the "lets try and fix the world" bandwagon, but creating a new band doesn't make any sense to me.

They have been Green Day for the past, what, 18 years? To drop all that and start fresh would be like trying to forget your past, when where they came from, and all the stuff they went through in the 90's must be a huge part of them.

I get your point now though, but I don't really agree. I think they should maybe acknowlege their past a little bit more? And I think they were just experimenting with AI. If the next album is the same, then I may have a problem...

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

im glad their music has changed, it would suck if they were like nofx and made the same album a million times. and im a fan of nofx, but u play me a song by them and i couldnt for the life of me tell you what album it was off.

all good bands change and either get better or worse by it IMO.

and green day are one of the bands who got better, as are the beatles, the jam, and even blink 182 (their last album was way better than take off ur pants and whatever.)

bleh.

who penutt?

If we're talking about you, I second that :wink:

--

And I get what Havok (I don't know your real name) means now. I was really taken aback when I first read it, and I thought you ment that you wished they still acted like the bratty little kids they used to be, and wanted them to make songs like Welcome To Paradise, etc.

Your point makes sence now though, they should stop trying to change the world. They're musicians, not politicians.

green day havent gone, punk has.

Punk is not gone, it changed, but it is not gone. In fact i think it'll be back as seen 10+ years ago, the music is heading that way

Punk is not gone, it changed, but it is not gone. In fact i think it'll be back as seen 10+ years ago, the music is heading that way

I think I am going to have to disagree.

Music is pretty shitty right now.

^^

nope, its stone cold dead. its pulse is gone.

its like hippys now, there just fake and shite, same with punks.

and if emo is heading towards punk, then i dont want it back

fob?

Quote Monica from Friends: 'I know!'

How could anyone hate Tre?

Oh no he didnt!! Oh no he did!!!

How the hell could anyone call Tré horrible? He's one of the craziest most adorable men I've ever met :wub:

^^

nope, its stone cold dead. its pulse is gone.

its like hippys now, there just fake and shite, same with punks.

and if emo is heading towards punk, then i dont want it back

exactly. Very well said.

Your point makes sence now though, they should stop trying to change the world. They're musicians, not politicians.

That is basicly my point :thumbsup:

Havoc, are you saying that you don't like the 'change the world' thing? Like the NRDC team-up and the U2 collaboration?

Havoc, are you saying that you don't like the 'change the world' thing? Like the NRDC team-up and the U2 collaboration?

I am saying i dont like the 'change the world' thing yes, music should not be about politics. The same goes for U2

They went up your ass and around the corner.

Grow up. Seriously. If you're not going to answer the man's question, don't post.

I am saying i dont like the 'change the world' thing yes, music should not be about politics. The same goes for U2

Ok. :thumbsup: I kinda agree with you. They should get on with making the new album.

Havok, please don't stop coming back to GDC because your first topic got flamed like mad.

I kinda like you :lol:

If i asked such a trivial question without being flamed, then i would be nervous! :happy:

A disucussion is there to be discussed, but it is to be held at a high standard

Archived