So... Where did Green Day go?

Havoc

Being an ol' fan from the 90's, i simply have to ask; Where did Green Day go?

Back in the old days, the songs had lyrics that could give me goosebumps or simply make me rock around when listning to Green Day. Now... it's way diffrent.. Green Day has become such a political joke it's hard to take them seriously..

Back in the days they were punks, and punks that could play without caring what happend in the world and basicly made songs that people could relate to and still can. There was no political bs involved, it was all about living your life to the full!

In my honest opinion the only one keeping it real is Mike Dirnt. Billie Joe has become one of those musicians you can't take seriously anymore, and when it comes to Tre Cool... i simply dont have the words to describe it... horrible might come close.

It has become such an annoying thing, the political in rockmusic, and i never expected in my wildest dreams, that Green Day of all would use that to make their comeback. Green Day is way to awesome to do that and change so drasticly, and they didnt lost their touch with the music, they still seem to amaze me with it.. yet the attitude and lyrics is way off..

So i am asking the old fans... Where did Green Day go?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They are behind you.

Don't move.

shit i moved, aahhhhh you were right!!!

he called Tre HORRIBLE!!! :o:cry:

he deserves to be EXTERMINATED for this!"!! :mad:

What you don't know is that Green day died in 2000 now their just puttets on strings. :happy:

may be its becaus you are getting older and as people get older their views change the hate things they liked before. but that doesnt mean the thing is bad.

What you don't know is that Green day died in 2000 now their just puttets on strings. :happy:

:lol: Live Freaky, Die Freaky!

As I said, it's probably just because they have children, wives, and responibilities now.

It must be harder for them to go on tour for months on end when they want to spend time with their growing children. They're still the same people at heart, they're just growing up.

And maybe burning out.

What you don't know is that Green day died in 2000 now their just puppets on strings. :happy:

What you don't know is that Green day died in 2000 now their just puppets on strings. :happy:

We heard you the first time. :mellow:

This thread pretty much blows.

Green Day are actually having an orgy in your hall closet.

Shh, don't tell.

This thread pretty much blows.

Green Day are actually having an orgy in your hall closet.

Shh, don't tell.

The guy's new...give him a break!

The guy's new...give him a break!

I don;t care where hes been the old/new punk/not punk is the most monotonus overdone discussion ever.

Archived