Oasis says Green Day ripped them off

Fuzz

I've been buying my own Red Bull packs and hiding them under my bed. My mom doesn't want me drinking it either, but it's good stuff I tell ya -- better than beer.

yeah...what can he do about it? He's so retarded.

and my mom thinks it will interfere with medicines I take. Stupid hydros.

But yeah, I think this guy just wants the attention because Green Day is more popular.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its good to be open minded.

As am I.

I listened to them, didnt like it. I gave it a shot. Hhaha

yeah real open minded you are. :rolleyes:

and my mom thinks it will interfere with medicines I take. Stupid hydros.

But yeah, I think this guy just wants the attention because Green Day is more popular.

holy fuck REAL open minded :rolleyes:

And what is that suppose to mean?

You just want to argue I see.

I am very open minded.

I just said I listened to them, and did not see any talent in them. I could have just said "fuck it jay I dont like the same music you do", but no I took my friends CD listened, and I gave it a shot. Now how is that not opened minded

I see you are pretty bitchy and think your right...:gasp: :rolleyes:

holy fuck REAL open minded :rolleyes:

How does that have to do with being open minded?!?!?!

Why do you dont drink the stuff anymore?

Gosh you need to learn to now be such an asshole.

Anyway.

I persoanlly think that BOBD is just a lot better of a song, it personally has alot more meaning than Wonderwall does, to me anyway.

When AI first came out, a lot of articles talked about similarities with other rock and roll songs, in certain bits, here and there throughout the album. I think that's one of AI's strengths, that it acknowldges so much of the music that came before. No one creates in a vacuum. Everyone builds on what existed before them. Rock and roll in particular -- and even more so in punk rock -- is a folk art form that follows certain traditions and patterns. Originality is not one of its major criteria, it's the strength of the feeling and the power that it's able to create that makes it great, when it's great, which AI certainly is.

Nicely put.

I agree with you. I just wish Oasis (and many other bands that criticize Green Day) could acknowledge that. Green Day are truly music geniuses. They really put strength and feeling into their music, which is why they are so successful; Oasis on the other hand, hasn't done any of that.

stop spamming, your boring me with your red bull and open minded talk.

Angeline and mbk - nice points, and nice posts.

Music is always going to have similarities.

Bands that suck are always going to be jealous of bands that are bigger than big. :)

stop spamming, your boring me with your red bull and open minded talk.

Bands that suck are always going to be jealous of bands that are bigger than big. :)

so bands that aren't bigger than big suck? jesus christ.

stop spamming, your boring me with your red bull talk.

we stopped our red bull talk quite some time ago.

I try to say something, and someone in this board keeps having comments to make.

So, I think that music wouldnt me music if it didnt have similarities. Where would the inspiration, the technique, etc come from. I hope that makes sense. I know what I am trying to say I just cant figure out how to type it.

^^ justcause,mbk

very well said - both of you,thanks

and to drag it all down - you can turn crap into gold afterall

anyway,you should speak now or remine silent ever there after (or something like that) - it´s too late,it´s too late

No thats not what I said.

your very mean.

And I didnt even know they had a Greatest Hits album out, ,hmmm. Must not be doing to good.

you hate them cause of that comment.

oh no oasis said that about green day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i hate them!!!!!!!!! gRRRRRrrrr

well oasis don't suck so stfu

now your not being very OPEN MINDED, to others opinions now are you..

I think that point she had made was good.

Accept it, love.

now your not being very OPEN MINDED, to others opinions now are you..

I think that point she had made was good.

Accept it, love.

i'm not talking about opinions.

If I personally liked both bands, I would choose Green Day after he made that comment. I think its kind of worthless, and he has no point that he is making. Its a song, hes just mad that Green Day got more recognition than Oasis. So I would choose Green Day.

Oasis is crap.

well oasis don't suck so stfu

Was that really necessary? I never said Oasis sucked.

Is it not possible for someone to have an opinion without you assuming whatever you want andd then you resort to telling people off? Grow up.

Yeah. But not just Oasis. How about all that bitchin from The Network. I saw them at The Warfield and THEY were rippin off Green Day. Aw, nevermind...

Just a coincidence that Oasis are currently marketing their greatest hits album like crazy I guess.

Know what? The first thing I thought was that it was the usual thing of someone using the mention of GD for a guaranteed headline, but then I gave Noel the benefit of the doubt because I respect his music and I thought he had enough self-respect himself not to do that.

Guess I was wrong! :)

i'm not talking about opinions.

no shit.

I said you are not being very open minded about others opinions. You seem to be very open minded about everything else, but it seems that when someone doesnt say something you like, you get an attitude.

I think that Green Day is just the better band, and if the guy had such a big problem with it, why didnt he say or do something sooner.

Yeah. But not just Oasis. How about all that bitchin from The Network. I saw them at The Warfield and THEY were rippin off Green Day. Aw, nevermind...

:lol::lol:

hahahaha. the network IS green day.

no shit.

I said you are not being very open minded about others opinions. You seem to be very open minded about everything else, but it seems that when someone doesnt say something you like, you get an attitude.

I think that Green Day is just the better band, and if the guy had such a big problem with it, why didnt he say or do something sooner.

you didn't like what that guy from oasis said *cough* hypocrite *cough*

Archived