Oasis says Green Day ripped them off

Fuzz

If Noel were standing right in front of me, I would piss on his face, kick his fucking balls and wrap them around his neck. No one talks shit about Green Day.....

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Noel were standing right in front of me, I would piss on his face, kick his fucking balls and wrap them around his neck. No one talks shit about Green Day.....

woah, that a bit of an over-reaction.

who gives a shit what he says?

whack him repeatedly with a green day shirt!

GREEN DAY KICKS ASS!!

fuck whatever shitty oasis says.

oasis aren't shitty. they are the only good mainstream band these days.

thats obviously just not enough. you better come up with something better.

whack him repeatedly with a green day shirt!

and oblige him to masturbate to a gigantic poster of Billie Joe. :P

thats obviously just not enough. you better come up with something better.

How about decapitating him and then sell his fucking head on eBay?

oasis aren't shitty. they are the only good mainstream band these days.

well I think so. never really liked them much....

"They should have the decency to wait until I am dead (before stealing my songs). I, at least, pay the people I steal from that courtesy."

Umm, two of The Beatles are still alive, Noel!

I'd like to know how many people - apart from Mr. Gallagher - listened to Boulevard and heard fucking Wonderwall. On the other hand, everytime I hear Oasis, it's like listening to a reworking of The Beatles, from the upfront Lennonesque vocals of both Noel and Liam and right thru the music. I never thought any less of them for it, or liked their music any less, but this is a case of him assuming that everyone takes the same approach as he does.

Maybe he should look deeper, and consider the fact that GD are also Beatles-influenced, and that he's flattering himself big-time to think that Oasis would loom larger in their minds?

Boulevard is a beautiful, heartfelt ballad, amped-up to fit a cinematic album. There's only so many musical notes, and only so many things you can do with them. If he indeed sees similarities, let me quote his non-dead heroes - 'take a sad song, and make it better' ; GD made it better - get over it, Noel, and make a better song yourself.

well I think so. never really liked them much....

me neither, but they are good.

That Bitch is goin' down! :lol:

Fuck yeah! Let's cut his balls off and auction them on eBay along with his head. >D

yeah I dont think the songs sound alike. And I am pretty sure that Green Day didnt make an amazing album and then go well wait, we cant think of what we should do for this song, so we will steal a song from Oasis.

me neither, but they are good.

I guess everyone has different tastes in music eh?

Fuck yeah! Let's cut his balls off and auction them on eBay along with his head. >D

Oh fun :happy:

We can also dress him in drag and take pictures and give them to the media. And drown him in his own snot.

yeah I dont think the songs sound alike. And I am pretty sure that Green Day didnt make an amazing album and then go well wait, we cant think of what we should do for this song, so we will steal a song from Oasis.

The only thing similar about Wonderwall and BOBD is the guitar at the beginning of the song, but other than that, it sounds nothing like it. BOBD is fucking better than Wondershit.

Oh fun :happy:

We can also dress him in drag and take pictures and give them to the media. And drown him in his own snot.

Yeah, then we'll hire some guys to rape him.

The only thing similar about Wonderwall and BOBD is the guitar at the beginning of the song, but other than that, it sounds nothing like it. BOBD is fucking better than Wondershit.

Yeah, then we'll hire some guys to rape him.

Wonder shit.....hehehehe :woot:

My mom wont let me drink Red Bull anymore, makes me too WHOOOOOOOO like.

But yeah anyhoo, the song was already made, so why is fuck face gonna go on about it?

I guess everyone has different tastes in music eh?

oasis isn't my taste in music. but they are good.

i'm just open minded. :)

My mom wont let me drink Red Bull anymore, makes me too WHOOOOOOOO like.

But yeah anyhoo, the song was already made, so why is fuck face gonna go on about it?

I've been buying my own Red Bull packs and hiding them under my bed. My mom doesn't want me drinking it either, but it's good stuff I tell ya -- better than beer.

yeah...what can he do about it? He's so retarded.

oasis isn't my taste in music. but they are good.

i'm just open minded. :)

its good to be open minded.

As am I.

I listened to them, didnt like it. I gave it a shot. Hhaha

There's only so many musical notes, and only so many things you can do with them. If he indeed sees similarities, let me quote his non-dead heroes - 'take a sad song, and make it better' ; GD made it better - get over it, Noel, and make a better song yourself.

Ah, wonderfully said as always....

When AI first came out, a lot of articles talked about similarities with other rock and roll songs, in certain bits, here and there throughout the album. I think that's one of AI's strengths, that it acknowldges so much of the music that came before. No one creates in a vacuum. Everyone builds on what existed before them. Rock and roll in particular -- and even more so in punk rock -- is a folk art form that follows certain traditions and patterns. Originality is not one of its major criteria, it's the strength of the feeling and the power that it's able to create that makes it great, when it's great, which AI certainly is.

Archived