whats so bad about liking green day after AI

mel_92

ok well i have been here for like 5 years after warning came out. nothing is wrong with it. i just want ppl to know that they do have other albums besides dookie and AI.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i just want ppl to know that they do have other albums besides dookie and AI.

And who doesn't know that? :ermm:

Whats so bad about likeing greenday after AI i only got inyo music when it came out so they showed me what i liked. whats wrong with that.

Absolutely nothing... I only became a fan after AI, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan than the Dookie era people or whatever. It just that teenies have given us a bad name :dry: stupid teenies

People are just asses sometimes I guess...that's life :rolleyes:

How people expect you to know the old stuff at the time it was out

when most of people on here were only 5 then.

Like Green day were about 19 when i was born

which makes it really weird that i like them

so i tend not to think like that..

I'll never forget AI because that CD introduced me to a new side of music

and im soo glad i bought that CD and too people who bought me other Green day CD's!

haha

Absolutely nothing... I only became a fan after AI, but that doesn't make me any less of a fan than the Dookie era people or whatever. It just that teenies have given us a bad name :dry: stupid teenies

People are just asses sometimes I guess...that's life :rolleyes:

teenies tend to give everything a bad name

ok well i have been here for like 5 years after warning came out. nothing is wrong with it. i just want ppl to know that they do have other albums besides dookie and AI.

agh but dookie is THE album

You like what you like when you like it. Tastes change, you grow up and are able to explore music for yourself, its no one elses business. For people my age you wouldnt/couldnt have got into green day when dookie came out unless you had very advanced musical taste as a three year old, or your parents/siblings played it.

The more fans they generate the better it is to everyone. If only their older fans before A.I. bought the album, they may of felt a little messed up. To them it could of been failure. After their turmoil with warning(to alot of people) they tried anything to get more fans...ISH...greatest hits..once that hit I thought it was true...Green Day is hanging it up. Then they did something for the fans who still believed in them with Shenanigans. Then the Network...I don't believe that got them much more fans. So they needed something huge to get their dead battery charged up again...and that became A.I. Hell they already have 3 plans of a future album... I will appreciate some more b-sides though. But stuff hidden under the ground, stuff nobody but them and the record label has heard. Stuff they didn't put on their past albums. Another Network CD? No thanks, it was a good idea but what's the fun in doing it once everyone knows who it is? But back to point in hand, I thank the people who joined after 2004, it insured me another brand new Green Day album. rock On.

I got into Green Day when I was 4 and my brothers forced me to listen to Dookie because they wanted me to listen to good music.

There is nothing wrong with liking Green Day since AI came out as long as you like them for their music and you aren't like the 11 year olds at my school who were singing BOBD pretending their hairbrushes were microphones :sick: and when I asked them what their favourite Green Day album is they said "American Idiot of course but the main reson I like them is because Billy Joe is lyk soo Hott" and when I said that my favouite Album is Dookie they said "Dookie? I haven't heard of them are they a good band?" When I said that it was an album by Green Day they didn't believe me that Green Day had done more than just AI. :rolleyes:

I dont think that You should know every detail about their life and past to be a good fan you should be a good listener

Yeah i mean Kerplunk is my favourite and dookie was my first its all about the music

Although once this junior in my school kept asking me stuff like what time of the day was Joseph born?and whats adriennes mothers name?and i was like what and she said oh well REAL fans know that stuff

stalker teenies :rolleyes:

I only started liking Green Day when American Idiot came out too. But I do listen to their older stuff now too.

Like EVERYONE else said, it's fine if you started liking Green Day after American Idiot. First of all, most of us here are probably only in our 'teens' so we weren't that old when their other albums were around, so we couldn't really like Green Day yet. Second, it doesn't matter. As long as you aren't some COMPLETE 'teenie' who uses chat talk and only cares about Billie Joe, what's to worry?! Though, yup, we all have our 'teenie moments' lol. I hate those but are funny to look back at. :lol:

Like EVERYONE else said, it's fine if you started liking Green Day after American Idiot.

I believe you didn't read all the posts then.

I have heard some people say "Oh you like Green Day? I liked them when they were good" It just makes me think, eh? I mean, are these people just trying to be 'different' I sont think people should stop liking a band because they have blwon up, at the end of the day it is all about the music, and if you still love the music then whey should people give a fuck how popular that band has got.

So in answer to your question, yes, I think it is more that alright to like GD after AI

Of course there's nothing wrong with it. I mean, I was like 2 when Dookie came out. I really don't think my mom would've let me listen to it at that age! So I'm a new fan, since AI. :):happy:

theres nothing wrong with it. i don't really get why people are all mad about the newer fans.

theres nothing wrong with it. i don't really get why people are all mad about the newer fans.

Yeah. I mean, I'm a newer fan. I heard AI and then went and raided my sisters room for a couple of the other CD's.

I wouldn't worry about the whole "Green Day sold out when they made AI" thing. Some people just can't handle change.

Sold out when they signed to Reprise and made Dookie :rolleyes:

Though, yup, we all have our 'teenie moments' lol.

:huh: No, speak for yourself

yeah, I dont think I heard of green day till AI then I went and bought 1039 SOSH, Kerplunk and... so on :thumbsup:

yeah same with me too, i got into Green Day because of AI, then i looked into the old stuff too, and now i love both equally. soo...yeah. do what you want, cause nothings wrong with that. but, people may say its bad to like Green Day after AI because many people that are teenies and posers and whatnot only listen to AI (and only 4 songs on AI anyway and still dont know what they mean).

Edit: that doesnt mean we are teenies or posers, by the way

I don't really think there was anything wrong with it at all, even though I admit I sometimes get annoyed with newer fans... you just have to be patient with them because they don't know as much.

But the swarm of idiots that came along with AI, in my opinion ticked a lot of older fans off, and that was the problem with new fans.

Archived