whats so bad about liking green day after AI

mel_92

That's what I did too. I didn't become a fan till like in 2005. I wish I could've been a fan for a longer time but it wasn't my fault. I bought all there cds after that. They opened up a whole new world of music to me. :happy:

Well, judging from the MCR sig, they opened the wrong doors.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i liked GD for 4 years but theres nothing wrong with liking them after AI :)

to tell you the truth, i didnt become like a HUGE Green Day fan in till AI came out :)

Well, judging from the MCR sig, they opened the wrong doors.

aww dont be so mean :/

Hitman... :huh: my dad is playing that game right now :lol:

i wonder the same thing, sometimes. :/

like sometimes you say AI is your favorite album, and immediately a few idiots think you don't know jack shit about green day.

All the people I know that are really into music, all say they don't like green day now because of their success. I even had someone tell me that they don't like them anymore cause they no longer care about the music, but just about making money. As you can imagine, my reaction wasnt very good. When these people say they dont like green day cause of their success or because they are mainstream, I laugh and say, "oh yeah, I forgot it was uncool to like popular music." From what I've seen, the thing is, if you are a "music" person, then you don't listen to mainstream. Its as if thats the 'thing'. So no there is nothing wrong with liking green day after AI. If anything, it just gives "credibility" because you can appreciate both mainstream and non mainstream.

there's nothing bad, it's just because of the teenies :)

and I became a fan when hearing Holiday, so, thank you Daiana :happy:

There is nothing wrong with finding out and liking Green Day because of AI.

A lot of people here, including me, found out about Green Day after AI.

Its just the teenies that ruin it for people.

I wouldn't worry about the whole "Green Day sold out when they made AI" thing. Some people just can't handle change.

Everyone who became a Green Day fan when American Idiot came out is a dumbass.

Shut up you cow! Just becasue they became a Green Day fan in the American Idiot era it doesnt make them less of a fan. Some of them actaully like the music on AI and wanted to listen to more of Green Day and brought their entire back catalouge.

i wonder the same thing, sometimes. :/

like sometimes you say AI is your favorite album, and immediately a few idiots think you don't know jack shit about green day.

yah, some people serioulsy like AI out of all the CDs :/ and some people think your one of those people who only know "holiday" and "AI". my friend likes AI the best but she has all their CDs :)

i really don't see how when you become a fan of an artist affects what type of fan you are. if AI got you into the older stuff and you found out that you liked the older stuff more than AI, why should it fucking matter. dedication? fuck that. green day will never care when a hardcore fan became a hardcore fan.

Nothing, but a generalisation is made after the huge swarm of teenies took over the world.

It's good that people got into Green Day, regardless of what album. But the silly people are the ones who don't want to listen to their old stuff. Weirdos :/

I agree weirdo freaks :down:

Theres nothing wrong. Its just the world full of idiots nowadays.

Nothing, but a generalisation is made after the huge swarm of teenies took over the world.

It's good that people got into Green Day, regardless of what album. But the silly people are the ones who don't want to listen to their old stuff. Weirdos :/

Yah, I agree.

i really dont think it matters much when you became a fan. like someone else said i dont like the people that r like omg!! billie joe is soo hoot!! that gets annoying real fast and they just like green day because they think their hot and cuz they r so popular right now. i didnt become a fan of green day until a year and a half ago. so it was after AI. but the funny thing was i happen 2 c their old videos 1 day and was like awesome. so i bought International SuperHits! that was around AI time. i was actually into their old music first around AI. so i dont think it matters when you start listening to them. as long as you like them and respect their music 4 what it is and not just like green day cuz its "in" or "popular" right now.

One of my friends, she was a teenie, now she's into that whole rap thing. But anyway, I was playing Green Day off my cell, and she says 'I'm not really into Green Day much anymore.' So I reply, " Oh, I still am.. obviously. I love their album Warning right now." Then she says "Oh, I haven't listened to that in a while, I put it way in the back of my CDs because Billie looks ugly on it. He's not hot on it, so I don't want to listen to it"

Your teenie example of the day.

And anyway, no. I got into them when I heard a mix of WMUWSE on the radio that one of the radio guys had put together. They put some things about the twin towers inbetween the breaks, like news reports and things. I had heard Holiday, BoBD, When I Come Around, and Good Riddance before that, but I never really got into them until WMUWSE. Now I've been into them since September 11, 2005, and I guarentee you, I'm not a teenie. I'm an overly obsessed Green Day fanatic.

Ha, nothing. I did the same. And now ive got all of their c.ds and theyre all amazing. You just werent there when any other c.ds came out. Or where old enough to acknowledge them. Its not your fault. And your doing what you like, so it doesnt really matter.

yea

its just all those people who say they "love" green day and dont even know that they have all these other albums that piss me off or pepople who only like green day because they think billie joe is hot

I barely got into Green Day this summer, after listening to JOS

I first didnt like it for like 4 months after I first heard BOBD

just bcuz i wanted to have the same likes and dislikes as a girl

then i came to realize after the 4 months

Fuck her!!!!!!

I Like Green Day and started with AI and then listened to all of their songs soon

LOL i realized how much DOOKIE related to my life

and i looked up an old magazine article in school when i shoulda been doing some dumb research thing on James Madison, and i think this was a quote by billie joe

"Punk means thanks Dad for making me a child of divorce."

I Started To get int GD when i heard Minority, But i didn't actually get Warning, i was 8 i think. But the first Green Day Album i bought was IS, but i had my sister's cd that was american idiot she downloaded off the internet before that. so i had AI first, but i think i liked IS the same, i loved both and didn't care what GD looked like. I only had AI cause my Bass teacher Recommended GD. What a good teacher :D

My cousin hates Green Day, Because they are too pop and on the mainstrem, but he thinks im a teenie and all, and he said,

J:"You just like the singer cause he's hot and everything"

H: "I haven't even seen a good picture of the Billie Joe (This was Before we got a computer and i found this site), I like Mike cause he's one of the best bassists around."

J: "I bet he's hot aswell and that's why you really like him"

That last one is self explanitory.

Archived