whats so bad about liking green day after AI

mel_92

Whats so bad about likeing greenday after AI i only got inyo music when it came out so they showed me what i liked. whats wrong with that.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing is wrong with liking something popular. Forget the comformist 'sell out' bullshit. Do what you want. Like whatever.

Nothing's wrong with liking them after AI. I did.

And I think 99.9% of this forum, if not 100% will agree with you.

Nothing, but a generalisation is made after the huge swarm of teenies took over the world.

It's good that people got into Green Day, regardless of what album. But the silly people are the ones who don't want to listen to their old stuff. Weirdos :/

Whats so bad about likeing greenday after AI i only got inyo music when it came out so they showed me what i liked. whats wrong with that.

Because some people think that if you got into their music now, you don't have much of their older music and you are considered a "noob." :ph34r: I guess...

I actually only got into Green Day when I saw the BIAB preview. Ooooh, I'm the biggest Green Day n00b in here. :)

Ha, nothing. I did the same. And now ive got all of their c.ds and theyre all amazing. You just werent there when any other c.ds came out. Or where old enough to acknowledge them. Its not your fault. And your doing what you like, so it doesnt really matter.

Nothing's wrong with that. The people that annoy me are the young girls that are "into" Green Day just because BiLlY jOe Is So HaWwWt and only know BoBd, Holiday, and WMUWSE. I myself didn't become a GD fan until around April 2005. I wish I could change that though, Im pretty sure I would have liked them as a child if I just knew about them then.

well i say nothing worng with that as you like them , it doesn't really matter when you became a fan , well as for me i became when dookie came out

Ah yes, the ol' "Green Day fan AFTER A.I" discussion. How I've missed ye.

No. A fan is determined by the respect one has for that specific artist and the artists work. Not when you became a fan or how long you've been a fan compared to others.

Nothing is wrong with liking Green Day after American Idiot. It is bad if you are just liking them just because everyone else likes them. I'm sure you not like that. :D

people are thinking green day became a sell out after American Idiot thats y ppl dont really like american idiot i dunno i dont see a problem with it if it wasnt for american idiot i would've gottten in to green day and im not a "noob" ask me anything about green day and theres about 95% chance i'll no it :P

Nothing. This statement is going to be really repeatative, but it's just a stereo-type. I've been obsessed one year as of this Christmas, and I like them just as much as anyone else. I've got all the cds and listen to them, the new and old. Just too me a little longer.. that's all. It's not easy to find undergroundish punk music when you're six :)

I got into Green Day when I heard Amrican Idiot when it came out I new some

of the other stuff in passing but never really picked up on it. I don't give a shit when I started

likeing them Im a fan now so thats all that matters. But who cares when you became a fan aslong as you like them for their music, we are all the same with likeing a band regarless to how long you have listened to them or how much you know about each member.

people are thinking green day became a sell out after American Idiot thats y ppl dont really like american idiot i dunno i dont see a problem with it if it wasnt for american idiot i would've gottten in to green day and im not a "noob" ask me anything about green day and theres about 95% chance i'll no it :P

i thought that was dookie, not american idiot.

Ehh I don't think anything is wrong with that. I just started liking them once AI came out (which is about two years ago) and then I discovered their awesome old music....

Unless you only like them cause MTV says their awesome, then you've got a problem.

It shouldn't matter, but you do get people that automatically have an opinion on you because you say that you liked Green Day after AI.

I think some of it is not that you didn't like them before, but unless you're old enough to remember 1994, they really didn't have that much exposure.

There's nothing wrong with it, and I don't understand how people can think that there is. And with the teenie thing, I'm pretty sure all of us have a little voice that wants to take advantage of Billie Joe inside of us.

AKA. We've all got a little Teenie in us. :)

Ha, nothing. I did the same. And now ive got all of their c.ds and theyre all amazing. You just werent there when any other c.ds came out. Or where old enough to acknowledge them. Its not your fault. And your doing what you like, so it doesnt really matter.

Same with me. I think Green Day gained more and more fans with every CD they made, they just made a lot more from AI.

that's when i got into 'em and now i have almost

all of their stuff ok the first green day song i heard

was time of your life back whe i was 7 but back

then idk who they were cuz that radio station

never said the band names,so actually i knew who

theyn were after AI and downloading their stuff

off of LW is how i found out that they did time of

youy life.

There's nothing wrong with it, and I don't understand how people can think that there is. And with the teenie thing, I'm pretty sure all of us have a little voice that wants to take advantage of Billie Joe inside of us.

AKA. We've all got a little Teenie in us. :)

I hate to admit that I do,

I hate it and I try to kill it but

it won't die,damn teenie voice :dry:

That's what I did too. I didn't become a fan till like in 2005. I wish I could've been a fan for a longer time but it wasn't my fault. I bought all there cds after that. They opened up a whole new world of music to me. :happy:

Archived