Green Day Street Cred

Trotsky

impressed: doing whatever they want to do, seems pretty ''punk'' to me that they dont give a shit what people thing.

pissed me off: nothing

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

impressed: NRDC, how they are accually trying to help the enviroment and stuff...there isnt anythign wrong with that.

pissed me off: they are pushing american idiot album a bit too far. like, its a great album and stuff, but its been over 2 years adn they are still wanting to make a movie and shit. and also THE TEENIES piss me off more then anything. :down:

Impressed me: Their whole trying to help people around the globe campaign.

Pissed off: American Idiot The Motion Picture just let it go guys.

EXACTLY! Great minds think alike. :thumbsup:

Aah I dunno, I'm sort of looking forwards to the AI movie. But I think they could have done with making it earlier. I guess the moment has sort of gone now. I'd like new material more than a film.

Hey, is it even still going on?

The last I heard was Billie Joe saying he gave a treatment of it to a 'local writer'. That was in '05 I think, so..

Pissed off: American Idiot The Motion Picture just let it go guys.

I consider American Idiot to be a work of art so I'm fascinated to see how Billie Joe, the writer/ artist develops the story and translates it to another medium, even with the help of a screenwriter.

Impressed: Having the balls to say and do whatever the fuck they want, no matter who they risk alienating.

Pissed Off: Nothing.

I don't fault BJ for promoting Adeline but I question whether he hasn't settled for mediocrity when I see their product. As long as he's not stuck in those duds for the rest of his professional life. :)

I think all of you care to much about them "selling out". Who gives a fuck that they are actually doing something other than making music!!! I say good for them, they fucking deserve to be recongnized more!!.

Impressed- I like that they are all like Yeah Save the World! and I think its good that they care. I love everything they say or do pretty much.:)

Pissed me off- They teamed up with U2 , who i hate so much.

And he wears the clothes that Adeline is making. So who cares, hes just advancing his career.

The last thing that impressed me was Mike's broken nose in She, and last thing that pissed me off was "The Saints are Coming".

impressed: using fame to help environment

pissed: using fame to help environment

i mean, it's good that they're helping the environment, it really is, but it's also kind of getting annoying. probably because of the timing. first they play with U2, then they become U2.

EXACTLY! i loved the saints are commin (live verson betta, except for all that birds in magnolia trees crap), but its llike he wants to be bono, BIG MISTAKE. its great how they are helpin the enviroment, but dont go all u2 on us.

I hate that they are trying to be superheroes, but I'm also impressed over the effort they put into it.

Pissed off: Them trying to save the world, and that they have gone all Bono

Impressed: Them actually trying to make a difference in the world.

You contradict yourself.

Love: their music and trying to help out a bit.

Hate: Well, i dont know. I miss the old Green Day really. I miss the whole rioting, mudd slinging, mowkawkmotherfucker kicking, just because we can, kind of Green Day. Theyve honestly turned into what they would have hated 10 years ago. The promised they wouldnt turn that way. I guess im just pissed off at them for breaking their goddamn promise.

They grew up. It's the arch of life, and you are going to go through it too. Deal with it.

I would be disappointed if they still acted that way. You are speaking like you have an inside source on what they wanted to be and what they stood for in the past.

Despite what artists say in interviews, I really never expect them to be fully honest. People have trouble facing their true feelings even to themselves, let alone a perfectly good stranger.

My point is, only the three of them know exactly what their ethics and beliefs were, and what they are now, assuming they have ever changed.

You don't know them from the inside out, so stop acting like you do.

They still do things "just because they can".

Impressed ; I dunno,.......

Pissed Off - Even though i loved thier concert, i just would rather it be more spontanous than every single word and action that they did being memorised and acted out. with the whole U2 thing, they were in australia like last week and Bono meet with a politition to talk. Has Green Day done that?....not that i really care about politics. But thats all i can think of.

Impressed with the band's longevity. True talent never dies.

Pissed off with how much I miss them! I know all good things take time, and I'll keep waiting as long as it takes, but I'm so eager to hear a new album from them. I know it will be great because it is Green Day. :wub:

What's pissing me off: The movie. I'm sorry, but it just screams "sell-out" and I can't see it being good. People are so sick of Green Day right now after all the publicity and stuff for the last couple years, so if they came out with a movie, everyone would just think it was retarded.

Impressed me: Just their music. And their performances, though they really need to make it a bit less scripted, you know.

why is everyone pissed about them wanting to help the world, i mean it is helping you too :D

impressed: BIAB amazing

Pissed: hmm they are green day they piss me off a lot how they totally changed but at the same time i love it and how they have changed

Impress: Tunbridge Wells Forum 1993 ... NEVER forget that night

Pissed Off: All this fasion/signature model/U2 crud ... just ... burn the stage down ya bastards, who remembers the gigs when they just broke the shit out of everything? evacuations all round :)

what? I dont understand that. what has it got to do with punk? the promoter or somebody like that fucked up. I dont know the ins and outs of it but neither do you. you are just assuming that it was all down to the band and that they had any control over that.

I think what she was trying to say is that Green Day was punk at all, like they used to be, and their managers said "You have to cancel this show so that you can promote BIAB" they would have pitched a fit or something, and refused to do that. I'm sure it wasn't the band's idea to cancel the show, but they have a right to be involved, don't they, it is their music after all. By agreeing to that they were acting like the label's bitch.

I'm pissed off that theyre turning into U2 and being all save the world. A little bit of thats ok. but shjhrker. come on. just make music.

I agree.

Hate: Well, i dont know. I miss the old Green Day really. I miss the whole rioting, mudd slinging, mowkawkmotherfucker kicking, just because we can, kind of Green Day. Theyve honestly turned into what they would have hated 10 years ago. The promised they wouldnt turn that way. I guess im just pissed off at them for breaking their goddamn promise.

I totally agree.

Hate - The American Idiot era thing. All the merchandise and the movie ... it's a bit much. And also the NRDC/U2 and being all 'I'm saving the world' thing. I mean, great you wanna help out the environment, but they've turned into U2. Irritating.

Love - BIAB and the fact that they've managed to be a band for 16 years, and still be amazing.

impressed- watching a video of them playing knowledge I think it was

pissed- Njar whatever the fuck it is.

Impressed: Green Day+NRDC :)

Pissed off: BJ smokes(this disappoints me) and publicizes Adeline a little too much

What's the T in the park thing?

-Feels stupid.-

Anyway.

Impressed: How musically talented they are of course, adn the fact they stand up for what they think is right.

Pissed off: I don't know.. I kind of wish they were a little more immature, like they used to be.

Although I'm not really sure that pisses me off. It's more of a slightly minor dissapointment.

same

Impressed: There music, there live shows and NRDC

Pissed off: publicizes Adeline a little too much(like someone ells said here) . It's not that I'm against Adeline street I just want there go back to the studio and started working. put the fashion aside and focus the music!

turn on: that after all these years they're still all together doing what they love: music.

turn off: that they refuse to come to Finland :P

Archived