Green Day Street Cred

Trotsky

I hate that they are trying to be superheroes, but I'm also impressed over the effort they put into it.

Pissed off: Them trying to save the world, and that they have gone all Bono

Impressed: Them actually trying to make a difference in the world.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the fashion designer thing, a little off side what hes known for.

love:music, th saving the planet

Love: their music and trying to help out a bit.

Hate: Well, i dont know. I miss the old Green Day really. I miss the whole rioting, mudd slinging, mowkawkmotherfucker kicking, just because we can, kind of Green Day. Theyve honestly turned into what they would have hated 10 years ago. The promised they wouldnt turn that way. I guess im just pissed off at them for breaking their goddamn promise.

Impressed me: Their whole trying to help people around the globe campaign.

Pissed off: American Idiot The Motion Picture just let it go guys.

What's the T in the park thing?

-Feels stupid.-

Anyway.

Impressed: How musically talented they are of course, adn the fact they stand up for what they think is right.

Pissed off: I don't know.. I kind of wish they were a little more immature, like they used to be.

Although I'm not really sure that pisses me off. It's more of a slightly minor dissapointment.

the BBC advertised the band as performing live from T but just before they hit the stage, they had to announce that is wasnt going to be broadcast. the band had never agreed to it and didnt know that the BBC had been saying that they had. very angry, confused emails were sent all over after that one!

impressed - still love the music.

pissed off - castle green day needs to let the drawbridge down a wee bit more. the idiot club has been a let down to a lot of people. including me.

impressed: They are teaming up with NRDC to do something about the environment.

pissed off: the fashion designer thing, the advertising for Adeline. example photo shoots.

What's the T in the park thing?

-Feels stupid.-

They wouldn't let the BBC show footage of their performance at T a few years ago, coz of BIAB.

impressed: their music of course. also the NRDC thing.

pissed: all the stuff done for Adeline. it's getting quite annoying.

Impressed: Their music and the way they still seem quite down to earth despite superstardom.

Pissed off: (Not their fault though) Now they are playing massive stadiums with hundreds of thousands of people. I would like to see them play more gigs in smaller venues - kind of more personal.

ok, slight exaggeration with the hundreds of thousands, but certainly tens of thousands.

They've never done anything to piss me off. They should be creative in as many ways as possible. And I like U2, the Saintas are Coming rocks! :cool:

Green Day never pissed me off.

Last thing, I think it was the last Adeline Photo Shoot. Because, the Saints Are Coming single was before the photo. But sincerely, I love everything green day do.

Some fans, a lot of fans that are here in the GDC, pissed me off with their comments

i agree with you

I'm impressed with the NRDC thing, Green Day have always made people sit up and listen, and this is sort of taking that to the next level.

I'm pissed that they teamed up with U2. U2 of all bands. Blecch. If they had joined with The Living End or some other half decent band I might have been impressed.

Like: Their music and personalities and that they're still down to earth

Pissed off: For paying 20$ to be a member of the "Idiot Club" and promoting a bit too much for Adeline

Hmm, 'some people who think BJ is god' - lol, guilty as charged, here!

Last thing they did that impressed me: The whole Superdome thing - from Abbey Road to the performance, the emotion, the song, and what it did to lift people's spirits in NO.

What they did that pissed me off - nothing, really. They're artists and I love their music, that's the deal as far as I'm concerned.

Ok, when I see the entire Armstrong clan tricked out in Adeline like human billboards, I raise my eyebrow somewhat because I find it a little tacky, but then I think of the fact that it's a local industry in Oakland as well as Mrs A's career, and that they have every right to be proud of it and represent it as they see fit. So, 'sometimes tacky' is the best I can raise, lol!

The good things are:

they're supporting econess (don't say that they're just doing it for publicity - they've supported Green Peace for years), that new Adeline shoot (not shooting Adeline) was nice, them raising money with U2 was good. But the thing that is pissing me off is his goddamn hair!! I want to shave it all off, grr. But I'm just bitter because I loved his dreads and I know they're never coming back :lol:

Impressed me: The whole American Idiot album impressed me. They grew up and made something that has more to it than boredom and wanking.

Pissed me off: Working with the biggest dickhead in Rock, AKA Bono. But, I love The Edge.

Guest 16PaperLanterns

impressed: using fame to help environment

pissed: using fame to help environment

i mean, it's good that they're helping the environment, it really is, but it's also kind of getting annoying. probably because of the timing. first they play with U2, then they become U2.

what pissed me off was merchandising the fuck out of american idiot

also they could've used a song of U2's or Green Days instead of doing a cover of the saints are coming

and also to me personally i think they ripped motley crue with that too because they did something similar before it with hurricane Katrina footage and all

impressed not quite sure on that ill get back to you on that one

To be honest, they've never done anything to directly pissed me off.

It's not their fault people are still holding onto the American Idiot era.

Impressed: Respect. Simply that they use their 'powers for good instead of evil'. Cliche, whatever. I mean that they're taking the influence they have now and doing something with it, because they could just complain all they wanted to and do absolutely nothing about it.. but they choose to take a stand.

Impressed: The American Idiot tour (I found Brighton Centre better than Milton Keynes though.. smaller venue!), the Musing Rising effort & NRDC.

Irritated: The Paris show they cancelled, the dragging the whole process of this new album out.

impressed - that they can manage to keep their cool no doubt knowing the kind of things that are said about them, their families, and the mis-conceptions and half truths that are spread about them.

pssied off - that the fans bug me way more than the band do.

but then its three against... how many fans?

impressed - that they can manage to keep their cool no doubt knowing the kind of things that are said about them, their families, and the mis-conceptions and half truths that are spread about them.

pssied off - that the fans bug me way more than the band do.

but then its three against... how many fans?

What do the band bug you about?

im actually kind of impressed that there teaming up with NRDC. i think there kind of pushing the point of the AI album to the next step. before they were just saying they didnt like bush and lots of people said they just did it to join the crowd, now they are doing what most bands dont and thats actually doing something about it and trying to get other people involved. One thing that pisses me off is not what theyve done yet, but are planning on doing...making a movie. i dont really want a movie. it almost seems like theyre trying too hard to be on the cover of every magazine and on every television screen.

I agree with you impressed part but I don't think Green Day are trying to be on the front of every magazine I think it just happens that way magazine's are just like that.

The thing that pissed me off was....umm dammit now I've forgotten....Oh yeh when I found out that they were The Network it just didn't make sence to me I'm like wtf? why bother? but now meh. I don't really care.

Archived