Green Day Street Cred

Trotsky

Here'a a topic idea. List the last thing Green Day did to impress you and the last thing they did that pissed you off. Some of you who think BJ is God might have to think really hard for the second one, but I'm sure you'll find something.

So for me. The last thing they did that impressed me is when I saw the Jesus of Suburbia video, because it made them look much less teenie-friendly. The last thing they did to piss me off was Billie's sig guitar, cause he promised he wouldn't get one.

Your turn.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pissed off that theyre turning into U2 and being all save the world. A little bit of thats ok. but shjhrker. come on. just make music.

Pissed me off:

When I saw a picture of him and it was hard to tell whether it was Tom Cruise or Billie Joe for a second. It was a sad day indeed.

Impressed me:

When I watched the interviews in Bullet in a Bible.

im actually kind of impressed that there teaming up with NRDC. i think there kind of pushing the point of the AI album to the next step. before they were just saying they didnt like bush and lots of people said they just did it to join the crowd, now they are doing what most bands dont and thats actually doing something about it and trying to get other people involved. One thing that pisses me off is not what theyve done yet, but are planning on doing...making a movie. i dont really want a movie. it almost seems like theyre trying too hard to be on the cover of every magazine and on every television screen.

Thing that pisses me off live is when BJ has his volume all the way down to like 1 and acts like hes playing and then has Jason play everything.

^ ok....

that's no exactly true

impressed: the fact that they play Knowledge at every show and pick 3 audience members

pissed off: billie turning into a fashion designer rather than a rockstar/ Adeline selling out

Impressed: GD teaming up with the NRDC and helping to make a better future for everyone.

Pissed Off: um...they honestly haven't done anything to make me pissed off/lose any respect for them. well, some "fans" have made me mad, but not the band. yet.

actually, the done more to piss me off than impress me recently.

They cancelled france gig to publise BIAB and they are working with U-fucking-2

actually, the done more to piss me off than impress me recently.

They cancelled france gig to publise BIAB and they are working with U-fucking-2

they didnt cancel that to publise bullet. that was a stuff up on the part of a promoter. had nothing to do with the band.

that or the t in the park crap.

Impressed: They've never been a band to "impress" me. I just like their music. Pissed Off: Well, after coming to GDA everyday (homepage) and reading the Quotes of the Day, their attitudes and personalities have started to annoy me. Also, milking every penny out of AI (five videos, a movie, numerous calendars and merchandise items, etc.) angered me a bit.

Green Day never pissed me off.

Last thing, I think it was the last Adeline Photo Shoot. Because, the Saints Are Coming single was before the photo. But sincerely, I love everything green day do.

Some fans, a lot of fans that are here in the GDC, pissed me off with their comments

I'm pissed off that theyre turning into U2 and being all save the world. A little bit of thats ok. but shjhrker. come on. just make music.

oh yeah they should just be musicians and not want to do any good in the world. totally.

pisses my off: i liked green day b4 they went on reprise when they went on reprise they just turned in2 and normal rock band trying 2 take over the world

like: there music lol

^ ok....

that's no exactly true

impressed: the fact that they play Knowledge at every show and pick 3 audience members

pissed off: billie turning into a fashion designer rather than a rockstar/ Adeline selling out

pissed off:^^^

impressed:holiday song...video

Pissed me of: That Jimmy has an adeline tatto in the JOS video :/

The saints are coming and NRDC, it's for a good thing. :)

oh yeah they should just be musicians and not want to do any good in the world. totally.

sorry if I have an opinion. I'll agree with you next time. [/sarcasm]

and. thats not even what im saying.

they didnt cancel that to publise bullet. that was a stuff up on the part of a promoter. had nothing to do with the band.

that or the t in the park crap.

and there so damn anti punk now they had to do that?

once upon a time they would of refused to let the fans down for money....

sorry if I have an opinion. I'll agree with you next time.

no, good on you for standing up for yourself.

im impressed that they're actually using the attention they receive from the media to promote good causes, like the NRDC thing.

im pissed off at the teenie faction of the crowd though, they ruined green day for me. for once i'd like to be able to watch them play without stupid little girls screaming about how hot they think billie joe is.

it's pathetic really.

Impressed: Not caring what people say and doing what they feel is right, getting involved with NRDC, and working with U2 to help raise money for Katrina victims

Pissed Off: (Not exactly with the band) Having their name on every kind of merchandise known to man

Pisses me of: That they were working with U2. I don't like them at all. They're like "we're going to save the world all the time."

I'm probably one of the few people who was impressed by Green Day trying to save the environment; I mean, it's showed how much they've grown up and what's wrong with caring for the environment?! :)

The thing that got me pissed was when they announced they were gonna make a movie out of American Idiot. It's a great album and all, but I'm just getting sick of it; plus, I really don't like movies a lot

and there so damn anti punk now they had to do that?

once upon a time they would of refused to let the fans down for money....

what? I dont understand that. what has it got to do with punk? the promoter or somebody like that fucked up. I dont know the ins and outs of it but neither do you. you are just assuming that it was all down to the band and that they had any control over that.

Archived