Green Day Street Cred

Trotsky

my friend said to me tre has the potential to be a way better drummer then he is he just mucks around too much and i couldnt agree more like come one i know drummers YOUNGER then him that have been playing for less then him and they are some of the worlds best drummers and or fastest and he has to potential to be up there i reckon does any one else agree

Tré may much about but he is very serious about drumming, he doesn't have to be the fastest or do the most complicated stuff, as long as it sounds good, thats the main thing isn't it?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

impressed: did they help with the katrina thing? if so, then that. if not then i'll just say cool music.

pissed me off: they're fashion sense sucks. they're like wearing black all the time, and those gay red ties. i hate them.

Tré may much about but he is very serious about drumming, he doesn't have to be the fastest or do the most complicated stuff, as long as it sounds good, thats the main thing isn't it?

like i mean he could try different drumming techniques and such im only repeating what my friend said hes also a drummer he just said he reckons tre should grow up and take drumming a bit more seriously

why cant people try to prove you wrong? yes, you have the right to believe what you do, but if you have that right, others have the right to disagree and attempt to prove you wrong.

by reading opinions that are opposite to your own gives you the chance to grow. you dont have to agree with what is said. but listening/reading might just give you new information and that can never be a bad thing.

Yes but they dont have to be an ass about it. When people become assy about it, i get bitter.

Last thing they did to make me proud: Try to educatate people about our dependence on oil and how we need to stop this dependence. Good job Green Day.

Last thing they did to piss me off:

(From the letter from Billie Joe regarding NRDC)It’s okay and very rebellious to speak up and take responsibility for our environment, to take care of the air that we breathe and the water that we drink.
Maybe I am misinterpreting this(if so, I aplologize, and can someone please correct me.) but this is what I think:

"And very rebellious" seems like they are referring to it as some sort of fashion statement! I didn't think Green Day were concerned with fitting in. Perhaps this reassurance is aimed toward the so-called fans that can't form thoughts and opinions without seeing what Green Day think first. If it is, should they really be nurturing that kind of behavior in their fans?

I am not so much mad at them as I am at the companies that control their merch and shit. It seems to me that Green Day are moving closer and closer to the commercial side of the spectrum, which is fine. I mean, they are Green Day, and hey! they can do whatever the hell they want. But it seems now that music companies are making it a fad to march to the beat of your own drum. It just makes me sad that everything under the sun is being slapped onto a lunchbox and sold in bulk at Hot Topic and Walmart.

I usually don't get mad about Green Day though. I s'pose I am more upset with all of the teenies at my school who are trying to be punk. 1/2 of my grade are now in love with the song Welcome to the Black Parade. And I go to the (about) 2nd preppiest school in the greater Valley area.

Last thing they did to make me proud: Try to educatate people about our dependence on oil and how we need to stop this dependence. Good job Green Day.

Last thing they did to piss me off: Maybe I am misinterpreting this(if so, I aplologize, and can someone please correct me.) but this is what I think:

"And very rebellious" seems like they are referring to it as some sort of fashion statement! I didn't think Green Day were concerned with fitting in. Perhaps this reassurance is aimed toward the so-called fans that can't form thoughts and opinions without seeing what Green Day think first. If it is, should they really be nurturing that kind of behavior in their fans? It seems to me that Green Day are moving closer and closer to the commercial side of the spectrum, which is fine. I mean, they are Green Day, and hey! they can do whatever the hell they want. But it seems now that music companies are making it a fad to march to the beat of your own drum. It just makes me sad that everything under the sun is being slapped onto a lunchbox and sold in bulk at Hot Topic and Walmart.

I usually don't get mad about Green Day though. I s'pose I am more upset with all of the teenies at my school who are trying to be punk. 1/2 of my grade are now in love with the song Welcome to the Black Parade. And I go to the (about) 2nd preppiest school in the greater Valley area.

I agree, massively. "But it seems now that music companies are making it a fad to march to the beat of your own drum. " I love how you said that.

impressed: with then try to educate the US on oil and the environment and fund raising with U2... i dont see how that could be a bad thing... i mean they are getting older so of course they care more about things like that than when they were 20 something. i think they are using their fame to good use.

pissed off: more like the music companies how they over market all band so a bunch of preppy tennies can think they are cool

Forgot the Idiot Club. The fact that some people have more privilages of knowing what's going on with their favorite band than others just because they paid $20 dollars is just... blegh. And I don't feel like joining either because I don't think it's worth it.

i'm really impressed with that new website-thing. i love the idea.

the last thing that upset me was Bullet in a Bible. that was pretty horrible. :dry:

and their concerts. they were all basically the same, nothing origional.

I agree, massively. "But it seems now that music companies are making it a fad to march to the beat of your own drum. " I love how you said that.

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Last thing they did to piss me off: Maybe I am misinterpreting this(if so, I aplologize, and can someone please correct me.) but this is what I think:

"And very rebellious" seems like they are referring to it as some sort of fashion statement! I didn't think Green Day were concerned with fitting in. Perhaps this reassurance is aimed toward the so-called fans that can't form thoughts and opinions without seeing what Green Day think first. If it is, should they really be nurturing that kind of behavior in their fans?

I am not so much mad at them as I am at the companies that control their merch and shit. It seems to me that Green Day are moving closer and closer to the commercial side of the spectrum, which is fine. I mean, they are Green Day, and hey! they can do whatever the hell they want. But it seems now that music companies are making it a fad to march to the beat of your own drum. It just makes me sad that everything under the sun is being slapped onto a lunchbox and sold in bulk at Hot Topic and Walmart.

'Ok and very rebellious' jumped out at me, too, but I take it in a different way.

To me, when he says 'rebellious', it means 'still outside', still not owned by anyone or anything - just deciding to give some input when something as big as the future of the planet merits it.

Who is he saying this to? To people who can already think for themselves? They don't need to hear it, as you just said. For people wavering about the subject on the basis of whether it affects their free thought to affiliate with anything, he's offering his take on it, how he squared it with his own ethos.

'It's ok to care' - sux when someone feels like they have to say that, doesn't it? But fuck, looking at the world we live in, it needs saying sometimes.

Impressed me: At the begining it was holiday, but what really got me into them was how they were in the past, they seemed awesome... and make wonderful music.

Pissed the hell out of me: The U2/Green Day thing, how you have to freaking sell a kidney to get a Billie Joe signature series guitar(figure of speech), and recent stories that I've been hearing about them lately.

Pissed Off:they honestly haven't done anything to make me pissed off/lose any respect for them....Oh yeah!!, they didn't play in Brazil on AI era :mad: ...... :)

Impressed me: How they are honest with their road....to me, Billie is a open book to who can read the guy and i love he commitment with his way :)

Pissed Off: Their setlist during the American Idiot Tour was the same for nearly every show, with just a few variations.

Impressed: They are better live than on the records. (Just my opinion)

impressed me - everything! especially the U2 collaboration, i think that was awesome. i reckon its great to see bands use their celebrity to draw the public eye to important causes. i mean the NRDC thing got all our attention didnt it?

pissed me off - nothing!!!! they are perfect in every way. its more the fans i can't stand, especially the ones who mock and talk shit about things the band can't control or whine about how they have become more mature (wtf?? they are 34!!), and the ones who ditched them after the american idiot phase ended.

Dont try to prove my opinion wrong. Thats what I think. Good for you if youd be dissapointed. Those are my feelings on Green Day, and i fail to see how you can tell me otherwise.

Opinions do not gain validity for simply existing. They have to be well educated and thought out to actually mean something. For most things, your initial view would be fine.

But this is different. These are other people's views and ethics we're talking about. In Green Day's case, no one will ever know what they are, except for them.

I was just expanding my view on your opinion, which in your eyes, I'm allowed to do. So there.

Opinions do not gain validity for simply existing. They have to be well educated and thought out to actually mean something. For most things, your initial view would be fine.

But this is different. These are other people's views and ethics we're talking about. In Green Day's case, no one will ever know what they are, except for them.

I was just expanding my view on your opinion, which in your eyes, I'm allowed to do. So there.

This isnt a competition. :) But i must say, opinions exist whether they are factually right or a bunch of bullshit. Its the persons state of mind. Thats my opinion. And im sorry if you dont agree with me.

impressed: how they stay human and think that they can change the world to a certain extent.

not impressed: how all u ppl whinge and whine bout how they r taking too long wit da

new album-i mean-come on-ur meant to be fans of these guys-ur meant to support them

and what the fuck are ya's doing?-ur fuckin doing the dirty on them!

im not happy-they are only human-they can't just focus of the music-they also have families

or kiddies to think about.

ur meant to stay loyal and support them-not fuckin dis them out!

peace out all

don't believe in everything you see on television and stick it to the man!

i really dont see why this topid was really made, cause i mean, we are sitting here on a green day site telling other fans what green day has done to piss us off.........i think its pretty stupid. but anyway thats my opinion. and some of you are saying stuff about adeline, and billie joe becoming a fashion designer, i dont think we really have all that much to complain about, because they are still giving us really good music, i think thats enough to ask for, they are people just like us, except with a lot more money and talent, so they make mistakes to. we piss people off, everyone does there is no getting around that. I just think we should be happy with what we have and what green day is doing. and with the comment about them needing to be musicians and not be all save the world, i think the NRDC thing is cool, and that if they are famous and have the money and stuff, to do that, then they should, cause we dont.

Impressed: Everything they have done

Pissed off: nothing yet.

impressed: did they help with the katrina thing? if so, then that. if not then i'll just say cool music.

pissed me off: they're fashion sense sucks. they're like wearing black all the time, and those gay red ties. i hate them.

ok. i had to comment on the pissed me off. in my opinion i like their fashion sense. yeah the red ties, i dont really like them, but i mean whats wrong with wearing all black? i do it all the time, black is an awesome color. but billie joe did wear something other than a red tie in some of the posters and stuff. i think.

Impressed: Last thing i was impressed by them, was when they brought Warning out, I love acoustic music, this wasn't exactly open chords or Eagle's style acoustic solos, but it was good enough for what they do. Alot of people hated Green Day for this album, I don't have a clue why though, this and Nimrod are possibly, their best albums, I'm not into the "heavier" side of rock music, so yeah that's why I prefer Warning.

Pissed off: Where do I start...well the last thing they pissed me off with is the trying to save the world "Bono" style thing...it's like, give it a fucking rest, sure you're making a difference, but you're milking it a bit with all the advertising and fake letters (please, don't start rioting like in the other thread) they've become Bono clones, especially Billie Joe, the other two have barely said two words about it, which in itself proves something, if they are really really trying hard enough with all this save the world crap then, why don't fucking Mike and Tre say something, they've said bits and bobs but, Billie Joe has been the "spokesperson" which I don't think is right, that's his job on stage, not off.

made me proud: that there actually giving a damn about the world.

pissed me off: how they have so much merchandise, how the idiot is memebers only and you have to pay to join

I was impressed that they joined with NRDC. They know they have great influence and they used it for something good and didn't just bathe in coolness.

Im pissed that they are making an AI movie. For obvious reasons.

Impressed: their performance at Live 8 was pretty impressive

Not to impressed: the whole Adeline clothing thing - it just turns my stomach - icky.

Archived