Green Day popularity

Pineapple

I came because of AI but then heard their older shit and it was funny coz I knew pretty much all the songs, just didn't know GD did em :lol:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

theres some people that like Green Day in my school but not that much :/ some people just hate them because of their looks. suck idiots

i think AI made them famous. but maybe dookie made some people realize about them :)

a few kids here like them. no one's said anything bad to me when i wore my green day shirt.

there's a guy who's really obsessed, too.

I came because of AI but then heard their older shit and it was funny coz I knew pretty much all the songs, just didn't know GD did em :lol:

Yeah, same here. I couldn't believe how many i actually had heard and not known it was them.

After AI came out, Green Day got really huge at my school, to the point where they raffled off tickets to their 9/17/05 concert. It was our biggest selling fund raiser. After awhile though, the fervor started to die down, and even some of my school's biggest GD fans started calling them "sellouts" and began to diss American Idiot claiming it was GD's worst album (where, only a little bit ago, they had loved AI). It all seemed very hypocritical to me. Granted, a few of these so called 'huge Green Day fans' were just teenies who hopped on the bandwagon. Right now I'd say that there's only a few people left at my school that love Green Day, even fewer that like them, and the majority think they suck.

With the population in general though, I think Green Day has, and always will be, one of the most popular bands in the world.

Not many people i know like them.

One of my friends, who used to love them loads and came to MKBowl to see them with me i think still sort of likes them, but she's ashamed to admit it now, because all her friends hate them so much and don't like nayone who likes them. I think its stupid.

I think its good for them, they deserve it, but they can get over they get over ratted sometime.

i think AI made them more popular.

Hell yeah.

American Idiot was their ticket to enter to ''popularity''

Most people didn't know who was Green Day until AI

Hmm. Most of my friends hate them and the only two that do are starting to get pissed off with them at the moment. Tbh, I can see where they're coming from and yes I do think they're losing popularity but that's probably only because no new material is being released but I waited 4 years for AI, so this is nothing to me.

Um, I actually think it's becoming "cool" to hate/dislike Green Day now which is pissing me off a tad. I mean sure sometimes I get annoyed but I still love them just as much as I always did.

AI definetly gave their popularity a boost (and a hell of a big one at that), but I still don't know that many people that like them :/ Everyone's heard of them and knows their more successful songs but they don't necessarily like their sound that much... they obviously have no musical taste :rolleyes:

I'm the only one that likes them at my school.

yeah me too. hardly anyone i know has even heard of them, even after AI, except for the odd people who will say 'Green Day? oh, Billie Joe's in that band isnt he? omg he's like soooooooo fit' or something like that. :pinch: i tend to switch off at that point, those people irritate me (obviously :P )

I think AI made them less popular and more popular in a way.

Some of my friends use to like them until they brought out AI because it was "gayer" then the other albums. And then they started a hole craze 'fuck Billie-Joe' 'Green Day = fagots'.... =S

I dont get people haha :/

that's exactly how it is here. they all of a sudden got big when AI came out, but they were so big that ppl started to think that it wasn't cool to like green day. they were like "they r too famous.." so everybody else started saying how gay they were. it's just really stupid if u ask me. i kno cuz my friend liked them [i found wmuwse on her mp3 player] but she wouldn't admit to liking them just cuz everybody else was bashing them so much. ppl need to get a grip and decide for themselves what they like. :dry:

They became popular, then it became popular to dislike them in an attempt to look "punk".

Take what you will from that; I'm not sure if that makes them really popular or really unpopular.

xxHaushinkaxx (sorry buddy, don't know your real name),:

I know how you feel. I think what it is is that people think that by not liking Green Day, they are going against the trend and thus think they are cool. The fact is, most people who say "ooh Green Day sold out" actually hadn't heard of them til 2004. I think its just theyre trying to follow anti-trend.. trend? I agree, people are stooooopid.

the fuss about green day that emerged when American Idiot was released, has subdued a lot here in finland. there are no more screaming teenies, because AI is "old", and they're all up to something new now (like MCR's "black parade"...)

Hell yeah.

American Idiot was their ticket to enter to ''popularity''

Most people didn't know who was Green Day until AI

bollocks, haha.

Thats a common misconception. Everyone knew who they were before. They just didnt imagine them in red ties is all.

Green Day's actually a really popular band; but that doesn't mean nobody hates them. Being popular just means they're well known and all.

Last year, no one liked them in the middle school! I'm in the high school this year and I've found more people who like them :o I guess it depends where you live and all. :/

I think probobly 95% out of green day fans only like GD cuz of like AI and Blvd. and wake me up

That's not true. :down:

Archived