Green Day popularity

Pineapple

I have been thinking lately.

Where do you think Green Day stand on a popularity scale.

Most people i know at my school do not like them and most people i know and talk to think they are terrible :/

But then you hear that they are winning all these awards in all diffrent catigories.

I want to know what you think.

Ofcorse all people (well i would hope) here would be a fan, but i truely want to know what you think about there fame and popularity.

If this has been done or is gay, just close it and move on.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, here alot of kids love green day, but the most of them cant name even an album of them, except AI.

I think AI made them less popular and more popular in a way.

Some of my friends use to like them until they brought out AI because it was "gayer" then the other albums. And then they started a hole craze 'fuck Billie-Joe' 'Green Day = fagots'.... =S

I dont get people haha :/

Some of my friends use to like them until they brought out AI because it was "gayer" then the other albums. And then they started a hole craze 'fuck Billie-Joe' 'Green Day = fagots'.... =S

That's just stupid

Some of your friends are idiots. Obviously part of the group of idiots who think it's cool to start hating something just because it's popular.

Some of your friends are idiots. Obviously part of the group of idiots who think it's cool to start hating something just because it's popular.

I agree

I am stupid with what i said.

Or what the people said?

I meant your friends opinions on Green Day when American Idiot was released..

I dont know

for the most part it kinda levied back and forth

some old fans left, new fans came- kinda balanced it out

but it gave them more television apparences

to me, they're still not like "super mainstream"

I mentioned Billie's name in school once I forgot why and people were like "who?"

so like, I dont think they're recognized worldwide as much as Paris Hilton would be

but they have gained some more popularity, and they've been involved and done a lot more now.

well when AI was released, loads of people at my school got into them, and Green Day got really popular. it's probably died down now, now that the teenies who only like it because it was popular and Billie was hot have gone away. i don't really know Green Day's stance around here, but i think they're a band most if not every kid has heard of, and a fair amount of people like them. that's just a guess though. oh and the thread told me it was straight

i can only think of one other kid at my school who likes green day, so i guess i dont really notice their popularity. i noticed on this website and when i was at the high school and stuff, but i dont really notice it now.

My ennemies at school think Green day is a group for teenagers and they always criticize them and my mates are supposed to like Green day but they only know AI!! :/ pfff they suck....

I think that when AI was released they gained a lot of more popularity. Which now has sort of died among all those teenies, but stayed among some of the new fans that actually liked all of their music and became real fans. Then of course some of their older fans left, but that I think was such a small number that it's irrelevant (tell me if I'm wrong). So to sum it up; I think they gained a lot of more fans at the start but then many of them left. But as a whole, they're a lot bigger band now than they were pre-American Idiot.

to me, they're still not like "super mainstream"

I mentioned Billie's name in school once I forgot why and people were like "who?"

well many of the teenies that said they liked Green Day didn't even know who BJ was. not to mention Mike or Tre :/

at least were I live.. I knew a girl that was one of those but I'm not gonna bore you all with that story :)

I'm the only one that likes them at my school.

Some people started to like them after AI, but now no one does.

They're huge if you are into punk, rock, indie, in general.

Now, if you ask a Hip-hip fan if they know who Billie Joe Armstrong is they'd have no idea.

Same if you asked a punk fan who one of these DJ whatevers are, I'd have no idea anyway. It depends on your taste and knowledge of music as a whole.

They're the biggest punk band in the world, but punk isn't the biggest genere.

Now, if you ask a Hip-hip fan if they know who Billie Joe Armstrong is they'd have no idea.

Same if you asked a punk fan who one of these DJ whatevers are, I'd have no idea anyway. It depends on your taste and knowledge of music as a whole.

I agree. That makes sense.

:)

I agree if ur into that kind of music then then their the biggest thing but if ur not then most haven't a clue but GD have always had their main stream popularity peak and dip they were big after Dookie then it dipped then big again after nimrod and again after AI thou think it was a much more noticeable peak this time mainly coz of their age and the album subject most ppl i work with only know who they are coz of me but can only name a few songs

I agree if ur into that kind of music then then their the biggest thing but if ur not then most haven't a clue but GD have always had their main stream popularity peak and dip they were big after Dookie then it dipped then big again after nimrod and again after AI thou think it was a much more noticeable peak this time mainly coz of their age and the album subject most ppl i work with only know who they are coz of me but can only name a few songs

Glad you agree but damn, I nearly had a heart attack reading that. Use full stops please. :)

I know a few fans.i agree with what you mean about them winning these awards n not knowing where the popularity comes from.In my school most people listen to like pop n dance music n there arent that many people who like rock music.Also, among the rock fans the green day hype seems to have died down,theres always another new band with another new song.There are a few loyal fans among us,but i was shocked to see a girl with a green day bag recently.

yes i agree with you

Glad you agree but damn, I nearly had a heart attack reading that. Use full stops please. :)

oops! sorry when i get into a flow its hard to stop! sorry! :ermm: :/

Hmm.. I'm not sure about this

Sometimes I think it's great but sometimes (mainly when I see GD socks) I feel that they have indeed sold out.. On the popularity scale, I see them about 6/10.. ten being like, popularest.. :mellow: .. mainly because the other 4 are into rap and shit.. sadly, some of the 6 are teenie boppers.. so out of the 6, 4 are teenies and 3 are people like us.. so like... yeah

:)

Archived