Green Day / NRDC Site now online

Fuzz

http://www.greendaynrdc.com/

Below is the video they did for the new site.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yay! the video is great! i like when green day supports something so important like that :)

they might get ANOTHER award! not for american idiot this time :lol:

As I said in the other thread, I'm not too thrilled about the idea of Green Day now apearing in internet comercials for saving the environment.

But whatever. :/

I did my whole science fair project on biofuels, wind turbines, hydropower, and hybrid cars. I chose this before I saw the new video. Maybe this'll help with my project. So far I've gotten about convinced about 3 people to buy hybrid cars and I've created my own biofuel. Hopefully this site will help make more people aware about the pollution of fossil fuels. I'm sure someone'll see this and change the way they think about oil.

why not? whats wrong with wanting to save the enviroment?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to save the environment, just they're musicians, not politicans or comercial actors. Seriously, do they wonder why people call them sell-outs?

There's nothing wrong with wanting to save the environment, just they're musicians, not politicans or comercial actors. Seriously, do they wonder why people call them sell-outs?

In what way can this make people call them sellouts?

In what way can this make people call them sellouts?

They're staring in an internet commercial.

I dont know, it's just this whole thing makes me feel uncomfortable.

Their job is to make music, not to preach.

Exactly. They are called "punk rockers" , yet their taking on the planet sort of vibe...

dont get me wrong, its a great message that they are sending out, but if they were still called Sweet Children, would they have used them?

Save yourself and make everyday a green day?

paraphrased, of course... but i find that a tad ironic, no?

and on a serious note... great site, the global warming thing is completely screwy, but otherwise, it's great :happy:

dont get me wrong, its a great message that they are sending out, but if they were still called Sweet Children, would they have used them?

oh :lol: I just got that.

Exactly. They are called "punk rockers" , yet their taking on the planet sort of vibe...

Good point.

and the whole "Make everyday a green day" thing was really lame.

Wow. I really don't think I was expecting them to pull it together so well. I think it looks good so far and it definitely seems like they could have a lot of influence in helping move things forward by getting the attention of our generation. They make a lot of valid points, though I will say that the 'save the trees!' header on the site made me laugh in that it makes them sound like hippies.

They're staring in an internet commercial.

I dont know, it's just this whole thing makes me feel uncomfortable.

Their job is to make music, not to preach.

It's not a commercial. And even if it was, doesn't what it's for make up for that? The point is this is for a good cause, regardless of how they go about getting it out there.

Its an internet comercial. Well, basically. But I think the NRDC or whatever the fuck their names are could've gotten their point across without using Green Day as celebrity endorsments.

Its an internet comercial. Well, basically. But I think the NRDC or whatever the fuck their names are could've gotten their point across without using Green Day as celebrity endorsments.

but they are using green day so that younger people would get interested.

I dont know why anyone would be angry that Green Day is supporting a good cause. I could see if it was something heavily political (which, if they believed in it, they'd probably still do it), but this is a organization which is trying to better people's lives by helping the enviroment. There are a handful of causes where it's good to bring in the celebrity attention to, and this is one. I know i never paid any attention to the NRDC before I heard Green Day was getting involved with it, so what better way to get a certain part of society to pay attention, than by getting people who can motivate others to do good.

I love that they are supporting saving the enviornment. Global warming is going to start taking effect soon, and hard, if something doesnt change, and they want to help. Good Job Green Day

I also like how they sing in the begining of it. I am not sure what they say, but it is funny.

And I think that Green Day wouldnt be in the commercial if it wasnt something they didnt believe in. Obviousbly they want t help the world, so i think its cool..

I mean, I thought that they collected canned goods and stuff at their concerts, and gave money to charity, or so i head, so they obviousbly arent in this commercial because they dont give a damn about people. Good Job Boys

I'm not angry that they're supporting a good cause, I just dont understand it.

And its not so much that they're supporting it, it's the format that they're doing it in. It's so much like a cheesy television comercial. I just dont understand why they couldn't have done it in a way that's more "green day". If you were to go back 10 years, they would never have done this, and I dont understand why they're doing it now.

This commercial and the way they're acting is reminding me of a has-been rock band trying to claw at the last inches of fame they have left. And Green Day isn't as has been rock band.

It just seems kind of lame to me.

It's not a commercial. And even if it was, doesn't what it's for make up for that? The point is this is for a good cause, regardless of how they go about getting it out there.

exactly if you had something that you were passionate about like the environment and you were a musician you wouldn't use that to your advantage?

I love that they are supporting saving the enviornment. Global warming is going to start taking effect soon, and hard, if something doesnt change, and they want to help. Good Job Green Day

I also like how they sing in the begining of it. I am not sure what they say, but it is funny.

And I think that Green Day wouldnt be in the commercial if it wasnt something they didnt believe in. Obviousbly they want t help the world, so i think its cool..

I mean, I thought that they collected canned goods and stuff at their concerts, and gave money to charity, or so i head, so they obviousbly arent in this commercial because they dont give a damn about people. Good Job Boys

i think theyre saying oil, not sure though

Archived