Picture for Adeline Photo Shoot

KissMeDeadly

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they just wanna hang that on their mantle :lol:

x.broken dream.x that picture is too big to put in a sig

We could just be over analysing it. We haven't even seen the other pictures yet or the article, so we don't know what type of message they're trying to get across. I don't think it's tacky, it's smart. Look closely and you'll see what i mean. You think they're being risque, but in actual fact you don't see anything.

I don't think you can really compare them as rock and roll couples. Yoko was known for her "art" before she met John and she was front and center during their anti- war protests. Billie's wife may be the subject of some of his songs but this shoot seems like an attempt to suddenly market them in an intimate, sexy way to sell clothes. If you remove the banner from the background the shoot could be something Travis Barker and Shanna Moakler might have done. The addition of the make love- not war banner seems a bit hollow in the context of a commercial photo shoot to market product. If they were just spoofing the bed-in they would have been fully clothed as John and Yoko were which would have shown Adeline better but it's sex they're selling foremost. It's an interesting picture full of mixed messages.

Yeah, but that picture is inviting comparisons - Adrienne's being cast here as Yoko, and I feel like it's gonna put her in the front line to an extent. It's a bold move on her part to put herself into the spotlight like this, because people are gonna say she's trading off her husband's image, particularly as he's right there in the backround, the main selling-point of Adeline.

Maybe Adeline is about to do some big anti-war thing, who knows? I just hope it's not pink! :)

I think people are over-analysing certain aspects of this picture. First and foremost it is a gorgerous pictute of both of them. I think there is something very... powerful about having Adrienne in the front, they are showing that Adeline isn't just about Billie it is about the both of them and she is just as much a part of this as he is.. if not more.

What it boils down to is that they are using an intensely growing anti-war sentiment to market their shitty clothes to a generation of disenfranchised youth that will buy whatever the hell their idols are selling.

I don't want to sound like a bad guy but it's getting harder and harder to not consider Billie Joe a sellout even if he is just trying to support his wife and her clothing line. And whoever mentioned before was right, this does look like something Travis Barker and Shanna would do for publicity instead of a homage of sorts to John Lennon and Yoko Ono.

What it boils down to is that they are using an intensely growing anti-war sentiment to market their shitty clothes to a generation of disenfranchised youth that will buy whatever the hell their idols are selling.

I don't want to sound like a bad guy but it's getting harder and harder to not consider Billie Joe a sellout even if he is just trying to support his wife and her clothing line. And whoever mentioned before was right, this does look like something Travis Barker and Shanna would do for publicity instead of a homage of sorts to John Lennon and Yoko Ono.

I'm a green day fan, but i have no intention of buying anything from Adeline, simply because it's not my thing, and no matter what Billie does i won't change my mind on that. I think the anti war statement is saying more about the position the couple are in than Billie's obvious opinions on war, and i think it's being really over analysed. It's probably supposed to remind people of John Lennon and Yoko Ono but i doubt very much it's paying homage to it.

I've uploaded the file to the GDA pic vault and posted the image in the first post. That way we don't use up someone elses bandwidth.

wow! that's a beautiful picture. I want to keep staring at it but I can't.

I like the saying in the background.

Archived