Picture for Adeline Photo Shoot

KissMeDeadly

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! Thanks for posting that picture. It reminds me of a John & Yoko type of pic with the 'Make Love Not War' (in Spanish) banner behind them. Very Nice.

Wow! Thanks for posting that picture. It reminds me of a John & Yoko type of pic with the 'Make Love Not War' (in Spanish) banner behind them. Very Nice.

That's what struck me straight away - the 'Bed Peace' thing - has to be said, Billie and Adie are a more attractive couple, lol!

http://specialsections.absoluteelsewhere.n...rms_crossed.jpg

It's a very striking image, but the composition is strange - maybe that's why people thought it was photoshopped. The way the size of each figure relates to the other kind of jars - maybe it's just the lighting.

^ Except Lennon doesn't have a bare chest and Yoko isn't wearing a slip. I think there's something cheesy about this "bed-peace" interpretation starting with the fact that it's a shoot for Adeline to sell clothes and you can't see the clothes. I would have found it more successfull if they were fully dressed head to toe and lying side by side. This pic seems like it's trying to be sexy and it just looks odd as many have said.

Guest n o n a m e*

I would have found it more successfull if they were fully dressed head to toe and lying side by side. This pic seems like it's trying to be sexy and it just looks odd as many have said.

exactly.

You see the same as you would had she been wearing a dress, and it's not as if we've never seen a picture of Billie with no shirt on before. I think it's nice, and tastefully done.

I think that pic is absolutly beautiful, and I dont care what it is for i just care that it there and that there maybe more of them coming!! I think they both looking stunning.

Yeah, but it's more than just an image, it's making a statement - I think there'll be some controversy about this one, and it's probably intentional.

Would it be worth moving this so we can talk about it?

^ Except Lennon doesn't have a bare chest and Yoko isn't wearing a slip. I think there's something cheesy about this "bed-peace" interpretation starting with the fact that it's a shoot for Adeline to sell clothes and you can't see the clothes. I would have found it more successfull if they were fully dressed head to toe and lying side by side. This pic seems like it's trying to be sexy and it just looks odd as many have said.

It seems like they're trying to brand Billie and Adrienne as a couple, image-wise, Adeline-wise - identifying them with an epic rock'n'roll couple like John and Yoko. Yoko was considered by many to be John's muse - Billie Joe's relationship with his wife is the subject of a number of his songs, so maybe the comparison is valid that way. Adrienne's to the forefront in that picture, Billie Joe's in the backround - shift of emphasis?

Using that image for commercial ends is bound to raise a few hackles, considering it strays into Green Day's anti-war stuff, serious issues they want to be taken seriously for. I imagine (lol, to borrow from John!) that it's somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but nonetheless, war's not sexy, and it's not a vehicle for selling clothes, either!

I like that Adrienne is more closer to the camera than Billie

Billie's said before that she is his main inspiration

it's like the picture shows how strong she is for holding on to their family through the hard times without losing her grace and beauty

Yeah, i like that too, although it's probably also done to show that the Adeline thing is mostly Adrienne's doing, and not all Billie's. I think we need to see some of the other pictures though before we can really judge, but i think the whole 'make love not war' thing isn't trying to be as political as it sounds.

The first thing I thought when I saw this pic was also the Yoko/John connection, but also I look at it a different way. For me Billie Joe reclining on the bed is quite simply to fuel girl’s desires, it’s the bikini girl on the car bonnet syndrome. Sex sells. Sex sells Adeline clothes. Her in a nightie, him with chest showing, rumpled sheets…..the implication is very much about selling sex .I think its interesting that Adrienne is at the front, it’s a territorial pose, perhaps a case of, “yes, you gotta go through me to get on this bed and lie next to him, but if you buy my clothes, you could buy into my world, my lifestyle and end up on this bed and be like me".

The first thing I thought when I saw this pic was also the Yoko/John connection, but also I look at it a different way. For me Billie Joe reclining on the bed is quite simply to fuel girl’s desires, it’s the bikini girl on the car bonnet syndrome. Sex sells. Sex sells Adeline clothes. Her in a nightie, him with chest showing, rumpled sheets…..the implication is very much about selling sex .I think its interesting that Adrienne is at the front, it’s a territorial pose, perhaps a case of, “yes, you gotta go through me to get on this bed and lie next to him, but if you buy my clothes, you could buy into my world, my lifestyle and end up on this bed and be like me".

good observation Ros

that's so very true

hmm....interesting

I totally agree with this angle - buying into a fantasy lifestyle, which is really a lot of what people complain about in Adeline. I don't think Adrienne is looking territorial here - although, she'd have enough reason, lol! - she looks soft and beautiful, whereas Billie Joe, who's been posing since he was five, knows how to work the camera and is doing one of his standard sexy things.

I think it's putting them up there as a John and Yoko for our times, but associating it with selling a clothing line makes it seem lesser.

It seems like they're trying to brand Billie and Adrienne as a couple, image-wise, Adeline-wise - identifying them with an epic rock'n'roll couple like John and Yoko. Yoko was considered by many to be John's muse - Billie Joe's relationship with his wife is the subject of a number of his songs, so maybe the comparison is valid that way. Adrienne's to the forefront in that picture, Billie Joe's in the backround - shift of emphasis?

Using that image for commercial ends is bound to raise a few hackles, considering it strays into Green Day's anti-war stuff, serious issues they want to be taken seriously for. I imagine (lol, to borrow from John!) that it's somewhat tongue-in-cheek, but nonetheless, war's not sexy, and it's not a vehicle for selling clothes, either!

I don't think you can really compare them as rock and roll couples. Yoko was known for her "art" before she met John and she was front and center during their anti- war protests. Billie's wife may be the subject of some of his songs but this shoot seems like an attempt to suddenly market them in an intimate, sexy way to sell clothes. If you remove the banner from the background the shoot could be something Travis Barker and Shanna Moakler might have done. The addition of the make love- not war banner seems a bit hollow in the context of a commercial photo shoot to market product. If they were just spoofing the bed-in they would have been fully clothed as John and Yoko were which would have shown Adeline better but it's sex they're selling foremost. It's an interesting picture full of mixed messages.

Archived