Green Day Biography

Fuzz

yeah that's an idea.. but I still think it would be better if we could split up the parts along members here to write 'cause then people could actually feel they've been a part of it. and if everybody posted what they want to be in the bio it would be very hard work for the writer. you can read my other posts and you'll get an idea of my opinion about it. haha as if anyone was interested :lol:

Yes, you're probably right. It could very easily end up being a bit of a mess. Your idea of having someone take the different parts and try making it sound as a single piece of writing is good. Still, after that is done, people should post any suggestions to improve it.

And, why wouldn't people be interested in your opinion? I certainly am. :thumbsup: And interested in listening (or reading, rather) other people's opinions as well.

Anyways, I think this has been a great idea, having people participate in the bio.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

definately break it up by album. but you have to include all the details before, between, and after. but make sure your details are true. talk about what led up to each period or song. if you know what made one of them write a certain song include that. also talk about each of there lives before the band started.

when and where do we start posting pieces that we'd like to add to the bio?

I like this idea best. Then before Insomniac we could write about the pressure that was put on them to write "Dookie part 2", Billie and Mike's panic attacks, and all the backlash they continued to get. Maybe we could also use direct quotes from the band that's relevant to whatever we're discussing, to kind of emphasize the point.

yeah that would be great. we really need to bring the feeling of the situation before the different albums so that you can get the whole thing and not just the simple facts.

please just tell me to shut up if I have bad ideas in this thread. or if I post too much. I don't wanna make an ass of myself :ermm: haha well I just did but whatever :lol:

i totally agree. add quotes dealing with a certain topic. you could also talk about what instruments were used for what and why.

I noticed that there are many new members posting in this topic :lol: not that it's a bad thing :whistling: I just noticed. and well, I haven't been here for too long either so..

but to not go off topic, I think the quote thing is an important thing, just not to make too many. a text with too many qoutes is not a good text.

but to not go off topic, I think the quote thing is an important thing, just not to make too many. a text with too many qoutes is not a good text.

too many quotes does make it harder to understand. it gets confusing.

i said something earlier about details. i agree on the fact that they shouldn't be too personal.

sorry about what I said about personal info

I wasn't saying we should put every little bit in there

I just meant anything that led up to Sweet Children and basically Billie, Mike, and Tre getting into music

so....how are we gonna start this?

anyone wanna volunteer? lol

sorry about what I said about personal info

I wasn't saying we should put every little bit in there

I just meant anything that led up to Sweet Children and basically Billie, Mike, and Tre getting into music

I think that's an important part yes. the whole background to what eventually led to Sweet Children. and then get into the Gilman Street gigs to eventually get into their first album and then just continue on that.

so....how are we gonna start this?

anyone wanna volunteer? lol

haha yeah I thought about that too. I could write if we need people, I just don't know if my english is proper. Anyways, I do write better english than I do in these threads but anyway..

^ well what Andres was saying in the first post is that other people can help correct it

if you would be willing to start, I and some other people will make sure that your English is correct :)

I would start it, but I am terrible at starting writings. It's my worst part of any piece- the beginning.

i agree, i think we should do it similarly to the way the pic vault is split up, by album but also covering the era of the album. if it matched the vault, it'd also add a sense of correlation to the site.

p.s. i'd love to write some, if someone would be willing to make sure i get everything.

i agree too,and i wanna write some stuff for it,

but i gotta do my research and stuff.

At first I thought that it would be better to split it up by years, but after reading the rest of the posts it does seem more logical to divide into album eras. It would be easier to follow and understand.

By the way, I agree with emotion sickness that in that way it would be better to link it with the organisation the picture vault has.

Also, having several people to write the differents parts may not give such a good biography. Maybe people could post here the events they think should be mentioned and someone could try pulling it all together and then, after posting that first version of the complete bio, other people could make suggestions about how to write some things and change some sentences or the order in which they are written, etc. In this way, everyone can contribute to writing the bio and making it as good as possible, and it won't sound as segmented making it one solid and 'flowing' (to put it in words) bio.

i think that is a good idea.

I like this idea best. Then before Insomniac we could write about the pressure that was put on them to write "Dookie part 2", Billie and Mike's panic attacks, and all the backlash they continued to get. Maybe we could also use direct quotes from the band that's relevant to whatever we're discussing, to kind of emphasize the point.

that sounds good.

^ well what Andres was saying in the first post is that other people can help correct it

if you would be willing to start, I and some other people will make sure that your English is correct :)

I would start it, but I am terrible at starting writings. It's my worst part of any piece- the beginning.

aha ok, I didn't notice that :) I could start, but I won't be able to untill tomorrow so if someone else wants to, that is ok. but it's important to tell other people here what they're writing about so that not two or three are doing the exact same work. I'll be back tomorrow swedish time and see what you guys came up with. otherwise I can start :)

here's something,what about Jason White,i mean he's not official

but he is still a member and we should get as much of him as possible

without going too far just some of what he brings to the band.

i volintear to do that part.

hey, i have been told i'm pretty good at writeing, if you want i'll write something on the band ^_^ i can do good intro's and i can detail to the last digree...but i should let you know, it might take a while, i'm currently working on a song and i have highschool to take care of too... but i am willing to take a couple days off to repay you guys for what you've done for me... real eye opener when i saw your site, i even finished a project because of you :D:cool: so just give me the word and i'll work hard for you...

^ (anko) That would be a great way to incorporate Pinhead Gunpowder

I'd really like to write the American Idiot section

is that ok?

I may need some help though.

i'll start and maybe if like 2 other people want to, they can start too and then we can mesh our pieces together

also, if anybody needs help on facts I could maybe help you on that

:)

hey, where the fuck is Angeline!

^ (anko) That would be a great way to incorporate Pinhead Gunpowder

I'd really like to write the American Idiot section

is that ok?

I may need some help though.

i'll start and maybe if like 2 other people want to, they can start too and then we can mesh our pieces together

also, if anybody needs help on facts I could maybe help you on that

:)

hey, where the fuck is Angeline!

okay looks like i got a part,and i might need help

if i do i'll pm you. i'll help if you like.

what about the network

this is all the info i found on jason white

I agree with this idea..divide it into albums but talk about their outside pressures and about the writing process and everything that they were doing for the next album...oh and a section for tours :)

:) Hi everybody. I've been a Green Day fan forever, ever since I was an exchange student at Berkley, and I went to see some dudes by the name of Sweet Children. I like the idea of several people contributing to the bio, and definitely a good editor is needed. I would love to write some of the bio, probably whatever related to the Sweet Children period. Also, I'd be glad to read other people's contributions and help editing the text. Finally, the idea of framing the bio around albums/records seems to me an excellent idea; after all, music is what this is all about. I would hate, though, that the bio contains personal information that should be kept personal, such as the band member's sexual orientation and other topics like that. I particularly have no interest in going too deep into their personal stuff, but more oriented towards their music and their efforts to achieve what they wished for in music. That's it, regards.

:D Oh, I forgot to mention...I think my English is acceptable, good enough to help edit other people's texts. Anyway, that's my job (I teach English at a public university in my home country, Venezuela). Just let me know. regards!!

Thats A Good Idea

How About including pictures from how it used to look,You can get them from www.archive.org

It should be split up by era -- i.e. "The American Idiot Era" and "The Dookie Era".

Also, I think 39/smooth and Kerplunk! should be divided into seperate eras, because quite frankly I'm sick of getting them as a twofer.

I would be more than happy to cover an era of Green Day's history, and whatever era it may be is fine by me.

once everything is said and done about how the bio will be set up, we should have a poll as to what era folks would like to do, and perhaps have a quality editor for each seperate era. This would cut down on the load of work for a single editor for all of Green Day's history, and it will eliminate the possibility of one era not being done at all.

i think...the best its.....childhods...how they begun the band, then ..mmm... records...mmm dunno xD

kIsss [[[[ SamY ]]]]]

Alright, well most of the organization has been decided. We'll split them up by era's, assign certain people to write the era sections - then after they're done other can help edit and we'll put them together to make them cohesive.

kelsey (spark in the night) wants to do the A.I. era, so you can go ahead and do that. You can start writing whatever it is you like, and if you need help or anything just post what you have done here and others can give you some input. I've gone ahead and posted your name in the first post, so we can keep track of who's working on what.

I saw some other names of people willing to work on, but let me know what you want to do and we can assign that for you.

Now, of course, if after you're done and others want to re-word your work. Don't get angry. Editing is probably the most important part of collaboration.

I'll make a subforum so we can discuss each era after they are written so it's easier for people to edit and leave input in multiple threads instead of just one big one.

Alright, well most of the organization has been decided. We'll split them up by era's, assign certain people to write the era sections - then after they're done other can help edit and we'll put them together to make them cohesive.

kelsey (spark in the night) wants to do the A.I. era, so you can go ahead and do that. You can start writing whatever it is you like, and if you need help or anything just post what you have done here and others can give you some input. I've gone ahead and posted your name in the first post, so we can keep track of who's working on what.

I saw some other names of people willing to work on, but let me know what you want to do and we can assign that for you.

Now, of course, if after you're done and others want to re-word your work. Don't get angry. Editing is probably the most important part of collaboration.

i wanted to do something on Jason White and what he contributed

to the band if that's alright.

well i think that the bio should be before green day's cds during their cds inbetween their cd's and just basicly every thing it shouldnt be about only the records you know.. green day is just more than musicians they are people... they have lifes... yeah like 16 of their lifes has dealt with music but what about the 18 years before that??? huh??? exactly what about before they put out their first cd??? that is what alot of the green day fans want (well i think ne ways)

excellent

i'll start brainstorming lol

it may take a couple of days

luckily it's the weekend so i've got lots of free time to get it goin'

i wouldn't mind writeing on how the band got started, that story's a real insperation for me and my band, intro i'm also up for, along with album info/era info, what ever you want :cool:

just give me the word and i'll get to it and i'll make it WAY better than wikipedia's because you rock along with everyone else at GDA :thumbsup:

Archived