we are the champions green day version

Anko

we are the chanpions  

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its weird, because I always say that there are certain artists whose songs you just dont cover. Queen, The Beatles, Pink Floyd, ACDC etc...

But I actually really like their version of it. I think it's because they actually believe they are the champions :lol:

I've just heard a good Beatles cover too...Hard Day's Night by Sugarcult (actually impressed me)

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They didn't ruin it. I actually like the Queen recording better, but their version is still okay.

I just watched the video, and I love the way Billie is looking at the audience in this video. He looks like he's truely happy to be there.

Just thought I'd share my observation..

I've noticed that as well.

I really love how Billie "connects" with his fans. He's just amazing.

i don't think they ruined it.

but then again, i was never a big fan of the origional version or the whole song in general.

yes

especially on Jimmy Kimmel Live

"and im Rick James biiiitch!"

gawd :lol:

and from Reading '04 is really good too

And what performance is this "rick James Bitch" thing? :woot:

I just watched some of Jimmy Kimmel and couldnt find it...

i accually think green day made it better in some ways

yeah i think that too.

meh i mean its only a song that was covered by green day just that the original was way better lets hope no band tries to cover bohemian rhapsody by queen

I like the Green Day version I liked it when I heard it live and sang to it

because they did a great job of it. :)

meh i mean its only a song that was covered by green day just that the original was way better lets hope no band tries to cover bohemian rhapsody by queen

this is probably gonna turn into some sort of Panic! bashing thread, but i read somewhere that they're attempting to do a cover of bohemian rhapsody.

lets hope no band tries to cover bohemian rhapsody by queen

:o Oh God. I hope not.

this is probably gonna turn into some sort of Panic! bashing thread, but i read somewhere that they're attempting to do a cover of bohemian rhapsody.

oh god

I'm a massive Queen fan and no band can ever do covers of their songs which I'll love more than the original.

But I like the Green Day one and I certainly don't think they ruined it, but I don't think they should do another one.

Fitting song for Green Day though. :wink:

they didn't "ruin" it, but I don't think they did a great job of it, his voice is all over the place, and Jason White did a really crap job at them little solo bits, people need to stop covering Queen and if P!ATD even TRY to cover Bo Rap, ill fucking kill them, Muse already slaughtered it, (I fucking hate them) no-one compares to Queen...NO-ONE.

I quite like it but im not sure they should really be playing it at pretty much every show they do. Personally i'd rather them play something older for example something pre dookie like christie road or something instead of doing cover songs. I dont think they ruined it though, its just not as good as the queen version.

I was pretty blown away by Green Day's live version at Reading '04. And I actuallly think the vocal sounds awesome. Nothing beats the original, but they can still definitely pull it off. And the crowd atmosphere is amazing :thumbsup:

Archived