green day poll

CarnageXB

What is Green Day?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can't classify a band as one genre.

Thats stupid.

all of their stuff doesn't have the exact same sound.

that's true. it's just stupid.

Green Day is Green Day....you probably get pissed when you're labeled, so why try to do the same thing to them.

Guest 16PaperLanterns

green day is not:

rap

hip-hop

techno

pop

classical

jazz

emo-SERIOUSLY. THEY ARE NOT EMO.

disney

r&b

soul

traditional

folk

... you get my drift

so what is green day?

green day is:

awesome.

punk rock - I guess they sometimes are punk pop but they only really became that with AI

green day

I agree all the way.

But I voted for punk rock (even if they're pop punk sometimes)

I'd say pop-punk. But I'm SICK of this catagory thing. WHO CARES? The only thing it determines is what section its in the shop. I could be classed as 'Classical Music' for all I care, as long as it sounds how it does.

pfft. Green Day is good music and that's all there is to it. screw the damn labels. If you want to use labels then you can call the band Campbell's.

talking strictly music, im sorry, no. green day is nottt punk rock. not even popular punk. popular punk would be like, the Casualties. theyre basically pop...maybe a little bit of punk in some of thier songs. but not really. punk rock would be like, the adicts, the exploited, crass, operation ivy(maybe considered ska), sex pistols.. like they said in driven, theyre more like the Rolling Stones than the Ramones.

I don't think Green Day sounds like Punk Rock anymore. They used to a little, but they aren't anymore. If you want punk rock listen to Isocracy.

Green Day is not punk rock. Before American Idiot they weren't even political, and their political songs now aren't very good. They have a little punk, but they hardly compare with Anti-Flag and Bad Religion in terms of what punk rock is.

I would say if I would compare them to anything, they sound like the Ramones. They are just general rock, maybe a little pop-punk and acid punk.

WTF is acid punk.

I say they are just rock in general. Nothing more, nothing less.

They are emo.

FTW?

yeah but i consider them pop punk cuz thats wat they sound like they sound nothing link punk rock if you know wat real punk rock sounds like

To me genre's the same as labeling, it affects how people see the band.

I don't go by genres anyway, Green Day are Green Day :)

Archived