green day poll

CarnageXB

What is Green Day?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think they are somewhere in between alternative and punk rock.

But who really cares what genre they are? Green Day are Green Day and it doesn't matter to me what people classify them as.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

punk rock, don't give me any other kind of crap genres. does it even matter anyway? who cares what kind they are as long as it's good music.

hm.. there new stuff is more pop punk but there older stuff is punk rock. not sure

I voted that they were punk but you can't really catagorize them you know... they have so many different styles all crunched up into one little ball of great music :cool:

Woa. As pointless as this seemed when I first saw it, I am kind of...taken aback by what people think Green Day are.

Pop Punk / Rock / Alternative

According to MySpace... :/

they dont have a myspace. its all fake. even the "offical" one is fake.

they're just green day... they make their kind of music...

I was just about to say that...

Wasn't Green Day's intention about making their own path and not giving a fuck? so why are we giving a fuck?

I think that Green Day is punk rock. People say that it isn't punk because they only heard American idiot. They didn't hear any of their previous albums. You can't just base your opinion on one album. That is why i hate it when people say that they aren't punk.

I'll admit that American Idiot wasn't really a punk album but you have to look at the majority of their work.

They were punk rock, but now they're just pop rock.

Does it really matter what genre Green Day is? What counts is that they can make incredible music.

their own, all of the above and more

you can't set green day to just one because they have

such a unique sound all their own

agreed

Its all rock n roll to me, just in the punk genre. they cross a lot of lines and thats what makes them unique.

You can't classify a band as one genre.

Thats stupid.

all of their stuff doesn't have the exact same sound.

Wasn't Green Day's intention about making their own path and not giving a fuck? so why are we giving a fuck?

Because people can get bored, damnit!

When I copied their cd's onto my computer it lists them as alternative but I replaced it with Punk Rock because that's what I think they are..

When I have to describe their music I say punk rock BUT I don't like putting genres on bands.

That's the record companies work to do..

Archived