green day poll

CarnageXB

What is Green Day?  

196 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

actually, i think there in the middle of alternative rock and pop punk.

but who cares anymore?

if its your favorite band, you dont even care about the genres.

yeah exactly if they are our favorite band why should

we care what every one else labels them as

punk. i don't care what you want to classify them as, to me they're punk. maybe their music isn't as punk as what people see typical punk as, but i don't really care what other people see typical punk as.

Hm... Lets see

They play instruments, they make good sounding noise.

Yep... it's music.

Guest 16PaperLanterns

Pop rock, if you mean pop as popular. But then I would say pop punk, like popular punk music.

But what does pop actually mean anyway?

popular, but it can also refer to the way that the music is played.

so it doesn't really matter.

actually, i think there in the middle of alternative rock and pop punk.

but who cares anymore?

if its your favorite band, you dont even care about the genres.

Exaaaactly. It doesn't matter to me at all. I don't even pay attention to sub-genres. They don't make much sense to me :ermm:

i hate categorizing bands, since most of them never fit under just one genre.

but for discussion i guess "punk rock."

Green Day is not punk rock. Before American Idiot they weren't even political, and their political songs now aren't very good. They have a little punk, but they hardly compare with Anti-Flag and Bad Religion in terms of what punk rock is.

I would say if I would compare them to anything, they sound like the Ramones. They are just general rock, maybe a little pop-punk and acid punk.

so... bands HAVE TO be political to be punk bands now?

i've always just called them pop-punk, but i dont really think it matters. that's just basically what i call all the bands i listened to a lot in middle school that sounded like green day, mxpx, blink 182, etc.

Green Day is not punk rock. Before American Idiot they weren't even political, and their political songs now aren't very good. They have a little punk, but they hardly compare with Anti-Flag and Bad Religion in terms of what punk rock is.

I would say if I would compare them to anything, they sound like the Ramones. They are just general rock, maybe a little pop-punk and acid punk.

You don't need to be political to be punk?

well, i really don't like labels...but if i wanted pick up one....punk, maybe not because their music, but because their attitude :)

Yeah, I love green day.

it depends upon what you see as punk or pop punk or general rock or whatever. ialways thought of them as punk rock or alternative punk but i guess it depends upon what songs your listening to by them cause that can change everything

Archived