mcr article with green day on aol

VictimOfAuthority

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GD rock, and so do MCR. But GD rock more. You can't compare their music, though.

Agreed

i love both GD and MCR :wub:

uh i hate the whole "emo" thing

Green Day is not emo.

and i dont think MCR is emo, they reject the term emo.

why do people determine before listening to them? i'm getting really pissed off by the whole emo thing

^yeah i know like i said before green day is their own genre

i agree :) Green Day has a own type of music no one can copy

i think the Black Parade CD was better but Green Day is a better band

I followed a link to a "Guide to the Emo 'Do's". AOL has taken shallowness to a whole new level.

Edit: Ooohh.. 400 posts..

exactly i have GD addiction

i just love the black parade. i listen to it so much :lol:

I'm afraid to say what I think of MCR compared to Green Day. But I will anyway. I like My Chemical Romance more. I've been listening to Green Day for 2 years and My Chemical Romance for just over a year, so I've had time to think of this.

Did MCR adopt some things from other bands? Heck yes. that isn't copying, since they took some elements, put them through the wood chipper and glued them back together into something new on the other end. so in reality, they did make their own style. It isn't every band that wears marching band uniforms on stage and the lead singer dyes his hair blonde to resemble someone who's sick and dying.

^ecxactly wtf :blink:

wow, is exactly like your word of the day ? :lol:

i've been a MCR fan for 4 years now but i never thought they were "emo" but they might of made emo famous....

*sigh* Reading this post makes me sad. Everyone needs to realize that GD has been around for almost 20 years (from the day they formed Sweet Children). They revived punk in the 1990s and basically changed the musical genre into something entirely their own--it had the punk attitude, but it was different than anything else out there at the time.

I'm not dissing MCR. I don't mind them; they're a pretty good band. But comparing any of those bands to GD is stupid, because GD was the band that led the way for all of them.

And I hate the word "emo". It's dumb. Sorry, but I can't stand any sort of labels, espcecially when that label is making a trend out of being depressed. I have fought depression for years-- know how it feels, and I don't need to dress up in certain clothes and only listen to depressing music because of it.

Sorry. Rant over. :P

anko, you realize you don't need to reply to every post that you agree with? or if you do, you could at least add something else aside from "yeah i agree".

^why are you picking on me that is mean :P

and yes i know that but how will they know that i agree with them

^why are you picking on me that is mean :P

and yes i know that but how will they know that i agree with them

combine them all into one giant post.

Archived