mcr article with green day on aol

VictimOfAuthority

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im giving up on this thread.

I hate MCR, and if they fell off the face of the earth tomorrow, i really couldnt care less.

And i wish they would stop comaring the Black Parade to AI, its a disgrace to Green Day.

Andddd, im done.

I hate MCR, and if they fell off the face of the earth tomorrow, i really couldnt care less.

And i wish they would stop comaring the Black Parade to AI, its a disgrace to Green Day.

Andddd, im done.

FINALLY !!!!! SOME ONE WHO KNOWS WHAT REAL MUSIC IS GREEN DAY :thumbsup: < JUST MY OPINION MCR ARE A BIT TO EMO FOR ME. :down:

FINALLY !!!!! SOME ONE WHO KNOWS WHAT REAL MUSIC IS GREEN DAY :thumbsup: < JUST MY OPINION MCR ARE A BIT TO EMO FOR ME. :down:

you're going to get some shit for that.

:wub:

wtf??? :pinch: Green Day aren't emo, i think this whole comparing-thing has to stop, it gets

boring

Andddd, im done.

I don't hate them, I actually like their new CD, but it's really not as great as everyone says it is. I agree that they need to stop comparing, it really is a disgrace to Green Day.

They are uncomparable to Green Day.

Why does it have to be Green Day v MCR? That's the way the media pitch it, because it gets people's attention - doesn't mean fans should fall into that trap.

i love TBP and im listening to it right now, but i dont think MCR should still be compared to GD and TBP to AI. I'm kind of tired of it because i love MCR, but in my opinion, they're nowhere near as good as Green Day.

you obviously haven't seen any new live stuff, huh?

they sound amazing live now.

I was watching some live stuff last night, dont get me wrong I really like the new MCR album, better than their other ones, I just dont think they are all that good live

I've never seen them live, but I've heard their AOL Session and I thought they were good. Three Cheers... is a good album, and, from what I've heard, so too is TBP.

I love MCR, and The Black Parade is definitely my pick for best album of 2006, but you cannot (and I refuse to) compare them to Green Day. They both have completely different styles of music. As much as I like TBP though, AI will always be my favorite.

I love MCR, and The Black Parade is definitely my pick for best album of 2006, but you cannot (and I refuse to) compare them to Green Day. They both have completely different styles of music. As much as I like TBP though, AI will always be my favorite.

I agree.

So I was reading the article and I gladly vote for the first two polls, but when I get to MCR vs. Green Day I was just like 'fuck it.' They're two completely different bands and just because they used the same people to produce it does not absolutely mean that they're the same or that they should be compared because of who they worked with. It's like they're two different bands, leave them alone already. And emo? I thought the media got tired of that already.

original punk concept album, Green Day's 'American Idiot'.

Green Day aren't the first to make a concept album if that's what you're trying to imply

and i give up with people that say MCR are emo and are copying Green Day because it's so untrue. and i think this is a good performance

well put :thumbsup:

I read that article, it got me to listen to some MCR songs, then relize how good MCR is, then i went out and bought their CD today.

I voted for the 2 first polls but then when I get to MCR vs Green day I

don't know what to do. I refuse to compare MCR and Green Day.

They are two completely different bands it's unnecessary to compare them. The only thing that I can say is that right now I'm loving The Black Parade more than AI but that's just because I haven't listened to GD in a long long time.

why do people always say Green Day is emo? I just don't see it.....

I haven't listened to MCR's whole album yet but from what I've heard it sounds like it could be almost as good as American Idiot

Yeah, isn't that retarded? Green Day are the farthest thing from being emo :huh:

I love Green Day.

And MCR is great.

But I still think Green Day is better.

I mean don't get me wrong, MCR is kick ass, but Green Day is better to me.

They shouldn't be compared though.

MCR is normally a little harder rock than Green Day, and have a whole different sound and catagory than Green Day. They shouldn't be compared.

TBP is a good album

And so is AI.

I think AI is better, but TBP is still amazing.

But still, there is no comparing MCR and GD.

The only thing they have incommon is it's both rock music.

Oh big deal. That doesn't need it always needs to be GD vs MCR.

Why compare any bands, unless one is pretty much a clone of the other?

Archived