mcr article with green day on aol

VictimOfAuthority

I think....

People compare Green Day and My Chemical Romance because they're both really big bands and the fact they do sound so different makes big media. It's all sort of like a trap...

"Let's say Green Day and My Chemical Romance are a like! It'll make people angry!"

That's almost what it seems like.

While we all know that American Idiot was probably the biggest album for ANY genre of music in YEARS, it's a lot different from MCR's. (I'm taking a random shot at this, I haven't listened to MCR's new stuff, I refuse to :pinch: ) I'm not a huge fan of MCR, and it's not because I think their music is bad or anything, they work hard, but it just doesn't impress me.

Heh, go figure.

It's too depressing I think, and their styles of music and concepts behind the music is much different. Both personal, but different. :whistling:

I'll always say that American Idiot was the Album of the Ages, but that's my opinion. And a big part of why MCR could win would be because they ARE labled as an "emo band" and "emo bands" are "in".

Again, not saying it isn't good, but because of their so-called title, it makes it more "impressive".

Lables suck.Stfu.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i must say though, when they showed what they think emo hair looked like, i loved that picture of Jared Leto. I also clicked on the link and it had Gerard were on top of his picture it said "And Most Importantly.... The Billie Joe" :lol: so off topic. yes.

i love both bands so much, i cant even begin to describe it. but i love Green Day more. shit, all im hearing everydaty i go ontp this forum is "emo, emo, emo". i mean if you hate them so bad, then why the fuck do you always talk about them?

Yeh i just voted too. It's neck and neck still for the best album AI should win hands down though.

Wow, for who's the best band it's tied 50/50.

Right now I prefer The Black Parade just because I've listened to AI for 2 years, and it's getting a little old.

Yeah same

I haven't heard all of TBP so I can't really pass judgement, but it's gonna have to be something special to top AI.

It's just publicity. AOL and Warner (who 'own' MCR and GD) are part of the same company, and this is just a way to make the new MCR album seem a little better than it actually is.

MCR are a great band and I love the Black Parade, but ya can't really compare them to Green Day cos they're not punk and GD obviously are. They sound completely different and TBP is a lot darker than AI. I definetely like GD better though - they'll always be my fave band :wub:

Yay! GD are winning the best band poll :banana:

why van't people stop comparing MCR and Green Day?

cos they know it pisses off GD and MCR fans (especially GD fans) :dry:

Welcome To The Black Parade is not a good song. At all. I can't stand it. It's seems all softy softy and stuff. It's just not them. I'm used to seeing the good MCR. The Three Cheers MCR. Ever since they let out that song, they have seriously gone dowwn the drain! I havnt really listened to Green Day in a good few months, mainly because i've worn out the albums, but Green Day are still miles ahead in my head. They let out truely good songs, most of there stuff, is actually, incredibly good. In my mind, MCR are over for the time being. I'll stick with Three Cheers thank you very much. The Black Parade isnt worth my money.

completely agree. I just hate it, I couldn't believe what I was hearing when I heard it. When it comes on the radio I have to turn it off it's just a noise to me especially at the end...

And when I saw them live they were "ok". I wouldn't go see them again and since they're playing massive venues like wembly is even more reason not to go and see them. Billy Talent aren't a widely known band and they were 10,000 times better live. They didn't even play one song from bullets! so disappointed. And I hate this whole cliche thing they've got going on now.

My goodness!

I heard TBP today on FUSE and I was very awe-struck. I COULD NOT believe that was MCR. It was way too soft and...Gerard looked positively out of place. The video confused me, as well. And Gerard looked SICK, like, eerie. I was shocked at what I saw.

It was a very different spin for them, I was not impressed. =/

GREEN DAY KNOCKS THE MARCHING BAND UNIFORMS OFFA MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE ANYDAY.

Green Day and white gloves. :D

And Gerard looked SICK, like, eerie. I was shocked at what I saw.

that was the point.

he's kind of acting out the cd, and since the main character is a guy with cancer named The Patient, that's who Gerard is trying to personify.

Ahhh, I see. =/

I dunno, they don't make a big impression on me.

MCR's last album scared me a little and I really don't like Gerard's voice or his live performances. American Idiot wins hands down. Another thing: Green. Day. Is. NOT. Fucking. Emo.

i dont think their album is anywhere near GD's. sorry but, there were 4 or 5 really excellent songs and the rest were boring,been-done rock. and MCR's my 3rd favorite band.

btw, the general audience thinks that anyone wearing more than 50% black is emo. used to be goth, but emo popped up and people got a new word for it. they just dont know.

MCR is emo (the ONLY good emo band, btw) and GD is not. people just think that black = emo. :rolleyes:

Wow, for who's the best band it's tied 50/50.

Right now I prefer The Black Parade just because I've listened to AI for 2 years, and it's getting a little old.

Same here but it pretty much is 50/50

I love TBP.In a way it does remind me of AI...

But for me I might like TPB a bit more cause AI I listen to alot and I guess I wanted something new

Archived