My Chemical Romance is copying Green Day

Fiyero754

ok, I'm sure I read the same interview, so maybe you need to check your facts

Yeah, you're right - because I completely misinterpreted this when it came straight from their mouths?

There's a video on MTV overdrive where they were asked about 'copying' Green Day.

- Rob Cavallo was the one who chose to work with them, and who the hell says no to Mr. Cavallo?

- They mentioned how Cavallo produced AI and how big it was, and apparently Rob doesn't even look at how big the album was.. but who the band is and their music.

- The guys in MCR obviously know the similarities, but one is an album that's more political and the other one is about life and death.

- MCR have always done some form of a concept album

I love Green Day and MCR, but comparing them is almost like comparing apples to oranges.. or whichever cliché quotation you prefer. There's the video, but obviously anyone who thinks that MCR are copying Green Day isn't going to want to be proven wrong or take the time to watch it.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/20..._green_day_prod

There's a link to a short article, but I'm sure that there are others out there

You do realize that says nothing, right? The writer of that article is the one that says they're copying Green Day by using Rob Cavallo as a producer. It doesn't quote them on anything.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think he's hot does not mean I'm a fucking teenie!

Um ok then can't that be said about The girls (inclusing me) who think Gerard is hot? just be cause their opinions differ from yours dosen't make them all tennies.

look I'm sorry everyone for being such a prick, but I was out of the loop and I haven't been in the forum for awhile. I saw the MCR myspace, checked it out, and it sparked some thoughts for me. sorry if this is "old" but don't hang me for such a small crime.

honey I wasn't attacking you or anything, I don't hang around here anymore but I believe I saw a topic like this a while ago. I'm not trying to be a prick =)

Um ok then can't that be said about The girls (inclusing me) who think Gerard is hot? just be cause their opinions differ from yours dosen't make them all tennies.

I second you...and whoever said that whoever that likes Gerard is a fucking teenie is a fucking retard.

OH MY GOD

get fucking over it!!! mcr isnt copying green day!! i love both bands to death and they are freakin awsum but im not gonna go "mcr is copying green day!!" cuz they arent!!! ok MAYBE they're doing the same stuff green day is. so what?? do you have a problem with my chemical romance, one of the most creative and original bands ever, following the footsteps of green day, one of THE GREATEST BANDS IN THE ENTIRE WORLD?? and everything that bobbybob said is true. green day did not invent the concept of a rock opera, (at least from what ive heard) mcr never said they created a rock opera, revenge was a concept album that was released from AI, and bayer and cavallo can work with whoever the fuck they want, cuz no one owns them. and adeline's right too. enough with the immature "copycat" shit. its fucking ridiculous :dry:

Anyone who makes music is copying Green Day. They invented sound, actually. Pioneers, they are.

I had no idea Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge was a concept album. What was the concept ? Bad music ?

haha sorry ive been really annoyed with that...people have been annoying me with that the whole freakin day :pinch:

I second you...and whoever said that whoever that likes Gerard is a fucking teenie is a fucking retard.

Thank You! anyone like that is just fucking ignorant.

hey im not a teenie yet Gerrard IS hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :mad: :verymad:

Ummm..... no. :)

wait, so what was the point of the video again??

(psst! maru!! check out the guyliner video, its cool!!)

Green Day are their idols but it seems slightly wierd that they have the same director and producer as gd... hmm.. I don't know what to say about it except that they need to get some originality.

ok, so I'm kind of a fan of My Chemical Romance, and I heard that there was going to be a new album. Thought it would be kind of cool. I checked their myspace page today, and I watched a Q&A with the band members, and I watched their first new video.... seems like they're copying Green Day like no other.

Example:

1) What is the type of album they just released? Somewhat of a rock opera in the sense that there is a story.

2) Who did they hire for the new record? None other than Rob Cavallo.

3) Who did they hire to shoot 2 videos for them so far? Samuel Bayer.

Seem a little suspicious? I think so. I'd like to see what you guys think.

i think they admire green day ( :P ) but, those two people are not from Green Day EXCLUSIVELY, tey can be hired by any person. :)

WELL NO DER THEY'VE COPIED GREEN DAY!!! Gerad Way looks like jack white mixed with Billie joe in the first place. i always thought they were a green day rip off but this is just stupid!! MCR, WHAT THE HELL!!

AND i know this has nothing to do with anything it doesn't make much sense cuz i don't like MCR but what did they do to the guitarest's hair?!?!?!? i blame gerad!!!

WELL NO DER THEY'VE COPIED GREEN DAY!!! Gerad Way looks like jack white mixed with Billie joe in the first place. i always thought they were a green day rip off but this is just stupid!! MCR, WHAT THE HELL!!

AND i know this has nothing to do with anything it doesn't make much sense cuz i don't like MCR but what did they do to the guitarest's hair?!?!?!? i blame gerad!!!

u cant spell for you life u freakin noob

u cant complain about someone that cant u cant even say

gerad?? wtf??

and ur just saying that they suck. u dont even have ur reasons why u think they do.

now see? ^this is teenie!

Uhm Nikkie...what guyliner thing?? that MTV interview???

^another teenie

now see? ^this is teenie!

Uhm Nikkie...what guyliner thing?? that MTV interview???

wait r u talking to me????

Green Day are their idols but it seems slightly wierd that they have the same director and producer as gd... hmm.. I don't know what to say about it except that they need to get some originality.

MCR and GD are on the same label so using the same team doesn't seem unusual. From what I've heard of the album, I'm not sure the Black Parade invents a "new reality" in music for MCR's generation as that linked review stated.

I'm not a fan of the title track but that's partially because my first exposure to it was the shaky performance at the VMA's. As for Bayer, he is capable of strong visuals but has limited range as a director so his videos are going to have obvious similarities. As long as he stays the hell away from American Idiot: The Film, he can make as many MCR videos as he pleases.

As long as he stays the hell away from American Idiot: The Film, he can make as many MCR videos as he pleases.

AMEN

woopsi Allison!!!! I always get confused :(:ermm:

anyway...I gotta go....bye you suckers!!!

um my name's allison

dont no where u got nikki from, but im allison!!

hi!!

and yeah check out that video if u like guys in eyeliner!!! its pretty cool :happy:

Archived