My Chemical Romance is copying Green Day

Fiyero754

I already posted this in another thread, but see what you guys think of this, from a review of the The Black Parade. I don't know enough of MCR's stuff to have an opinion on it, but the rest of the review made me interested in the album because of the ideas and concepts, and I'm definitely gonna check it out:-

As for more recent touch points, Green Day is the obvious one; that band's longtime producer, Rob Cavallo, helmed "The Black Parade," and he leads My Chemical Romance into the quick stylistic turns that won the Bay Area band a Grammy for "American Idiot." Way can also do a dead-on vocal imitation of Billie Joe Armstrong — his accuracy almost disarms the album's title track, lifting the listener out of the hallucinatory narrative to wonder how this upstart had the guts to copy the pop-punk master.

Here's the link for the whole thing - it's not all critical by any means.

http://www.calendarlive.com/music/reviews/...l=cl-music-util

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

they pretty much have copid green day.

they did choose rob to produce it, i was reading an interview with him and he said mcr asked him to make them as big as he made green day with american idiot.

and the whole using the good riddance guitar and the black and red and all that shit.

ye theyre pretty much wannabes that can afford to be but arent exactly because theyre no where near good enough.

lest see how long it takes for whatsername to bitch about me lol.

I think someone copied the other pathetic people who complain about how MCR are copying Green Day.

they did choose rob to produce it, i was reading an interview with him and he said mcr asked him to make them as big as he made green day with american idiot.

they say that?!?!?! :lol: that's pretty saaaaaaaaaaaaaad. I like them still.

very good, it took u a minute, ur getting better at this game dear.

but surely u can be a better bitch than that.

Yep, like I said... this is just so bloody old.

Its like kids in school calling each other copycats, Jesus wept who really cares ?

I think you should all check out Wonderwall by Oasis and The Passenger by Iggy Pop(??) and lets see if you can Figure it out..

And about that Guitar Cavallo let them use isn't really "Copying Green Day"..

Yep, like I said... this is just so bloody old.

Its like kids in school calling each other copycats, Jesus wept who really cares ?

if you think it's old, then stay out of this topic, no one is asking for your opinion anymore

if you think it's old, then stay out of this topic, no one is asking for your opinion anymore

Dude don't mess with Amanda..unless you wanna end up in her basement..

You made a thread love, if you don't want opinions don't hit the New Topic button.

When I first heard all this, I thought they were trying to copy GD too, but after listening to all their new songs and reading/watching interviews I came to the conclusion that.....they're not! *jaws drop in amazement*

You made a thread love, if you don't want opinions don't hit the New Topic button.

well you gave your opinion on the first page, people have read it, and you're done. Unless you have some other insight other than just "this is getting old" say it. If not, shut up.

Dude don't mess with Amanda..unless you wanna end up in her basement..

hey...I like to think there's still a bit of democracy in this forum, so let the kid bitch about whatever.

they pretty much have copid green day.

and the whole using the good riddance guitar and the black and red and all that shit.

ye theyre pretty much wannabes that can afford to be but arent exactly because theyre no where near good enough.

lest see how long it takes for whatsername to bitch about me lol.

Oh no Leigh, it's just that you have your facts all wrong and you're too ignorant to listen to the right ones, so why bother? I'm not in a mood for typing up long paragraphs, almost-novels, to someone who will blatantly not get it.

Oh no Leigh, it's just that you have your facts all wrong and you're too ignorant to listen to the right ones, so why bother? I'm not in a mood for typing up long paragraphs, almost-novels, to someone who will blatantly not get it.

ok, I'm sure I read the same interview, so maybe you need to check your facts

hey...I like to think there's still a bit of democracy in this forum, so let the kid bitch about whatever.

I just gave him a piece of advice..

well you gave your opinion on the first page, people have read it, and you're done. Unless you have some other insight other than just "this is getting old" say it. If not, shut up.

I believe I did give you some insight.

Check my last post, this whole "copying" stuff is extremely childish.

If you'd seen as many anti MCR, " OMG they are copying Green Day " type threads and posts as I have then you'd be calling it old too.

If you dont want to listen to MCR's new album because you think its copying green day thats fine but dont belittle those guys musical credibilty or their own integrity. It really shouldnt bother you that much.

ok, I'm sure I read the same interview, so maybe you need to check your facts

so could you send me the link? I need to read that...them saying Rob they wanted to get as big as the american idiot? that is stil cracking me up!

I believe I did give you some insight.

Check my last post, this whole "copying" stuff is extremely childish.

If you'd seen as many anti MCR, " OMG they are copying Green Day " type threads and posts as I have then you'd be calling it old too.

well if you read my earlier posts, you see that I admitted I was out of the loop, but I was curious to see what people think now that the album is out

If you dont want to listen to MCR's new album because you think its copying green day thats fine but dont belittle those guys musical credibilty or their own integrity. It really shouldnt bother you that much.

ok, well I never said they were a bad band, nor did I belittle their credibility. I am a fan of them, but I was just curious, that's all

so could you send me the link? I need to read that...them saying Rob they wanted to get as big as the american idiot? that is stil cracking me up!

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/20..._green_day_prod

There's a link to a short article, but I'm sure that there are others out there

I LOVE GREEN DAY AND MCR and i don't care if mcr copy on green day!! The most important thing is to listen some gud music that 's all!!

^thank you.

and yes this is getting old, but I never got to "defend" MCR so I was having fun.

look I'm sorry everyone for being such a prick, but I was out of the loop and I haven't been in the forum for awhile. I saw the MCR myspace, checked it out, and it sparked some thoughts for me. sorry if this is "old" but don't hang me for such a small crime.

well if you read my earlier posts, you see that I admitted I was out of the loop, but I was curious to see what people think now that the album is out

ok, well I never said they were a bad band, nor did I belittle their credibility. I am a fan of them, but I was just curious, that's all

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/20..._green_day_prod

There's a link to a short article, but I'm sure that there are others out there

oooooooooooooo i was soooooooooooooooooo right. which is always fun, even if u know you are anyway.

and i do have my facts right thanks.

i also read it in kerrang and on som eother sites cz kids in the idiot club were laughing about it a while ago.

This is getting old now.

*sigh* ok, you want to do this?

1. Green Day did not invent the concept album or rock opera

2. My Chemical Romance have never called their album a rock opera

3. MCRs previous album Three Cheers... was also a concept album, and it was released a couple of months before AI

4. Green Day don't own Rob Cavallo, he can work with whoever he wants

5. Sam Bayer: see above.

actually, i remember reading somewhere where they said it was a rock opera.

Archived