My Chemical Romance is copying Green Day

Fiyero754

ok, so I'm kind of a fan of My Chemical Romance, and I heard that there was going to be a new album. Thought it would be kind of cool. I checked their myspace page today, and I watched a Q&A with the band members, and I watched their first new video.... seems like they're copying Green Day like no other.

Example:

1) What is the type of album they just released? Somewhat of a rock opera in the sense that there is a story.

2) Who did they hire for the new record? None other than Rob Cavallo.

3) Who did they hire to shoot 2 videos for them so far? Samuel Bayer.

Seem a little suspicious? I think so. I'd like to see what you guys think.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

to an extent... I saw them a couple of months ago and one of their new songs, my god, the start of the song with the drums I just thought "Supermodel Robots".

to an extent... I saw them a couple of months ago and one of their new songs, my god, the start of the song with the drums I just thought "Supermodel Robots".

HAHAHA nice Network reference

HAHAHA nice Network reference

... :ermm: yeah, that's what I meant... the start of one of their songs sounded exactly like the network.

holy shit.....they fucking are. :blink:

now I'm not a fan of mcr (i hate them)

but this is just copying off of GD.

Rob Cavallo?

Rock Opera?

get your own fucking ideas, mcr.

(btw, Gerard Way is not hot, you fucking teenies)

This is getting old now.

*sigh* ok, you want to do this?

1. Green Day did not invent the concept album or rock opera

2. My Chemical Romance have never called their album a rock opera

3. MCRs previous album Three Cheers... was also a concept album, and it was released a couple of months before AI

4. Green Day don't own Rob Cavallo, he can work with whoever he wants

5. Sam Bayer: see above.

I totally understand where you're going with this, and I'm not here to start any sort of beef with anyone. I just think it's kind of funny that MCR chose Rob Cavallo and Sam Bayer... that's all. And besides, Bayer said that JOS was gonna be his last video, and that he would retire. Again, just my view on it. I'm not trying to start anything

I wouldn't say no :P

I don't really like MCR's new stuff very much anyway. I'm not too bothered by it all. I just listen to the first album really.

It's true, this conversation is a little old.

well then I must have been out of the loop, I just discovered this whole thing... sorry guys

This is getting old now.

*sigh* ok, you want to do this?

1. Green Day did not invent the concept album or rock opera

2. My Chemical Romance have never called their album a rock opera

3. MCRs previous album Three Cheers... was also a concept album, and it was released a couple of months before AI

4. Green Day don't own Rob Cavallo, he can work with whoever he wants

5. Sam Bayer: see above.

Yeah, this is getting really old. And I agree with all those points you made as well.

this from the girl whose username is Billie Joe's Girl 4eva. :lol:

for the last fucking time.....I AM NOT A TEENIE! i don't want billie joe to get divoriced from addie! i'm not gonna ask him to marry him if I ever meet him! I'm not gonna obsess over him! just cause I think he's hot does not mean I'm a fucking teenie!

I don't know if they're copying GD...But I did notice during the 'Welcome to the Black Parade" vid a few similarities (ie: going at different speeds like in the AI video, and I guess someone could always say the whole punk or goth parade thing is a lot like the minority video) but not in any major ways.

About the Rob Cavallo/Sam Bayer, all that stuff, I totally agree with the guys above. GD doesn't own them.

1. Green Day did not invent the concept album or rock opera ---> right you are

2. My Chemical Romance have never called their album a rock opera ---> it isn't! and is pretty cool

3. MCRs previous album Three Cheers... was also a concept album, and it was released a couple of months before AI --->dang!

4. Green Day don't own Rob Cavallo, he can work with whoever he wants ---> and Rob rocks!

5. Sam Bayer: see above ---> Sam Bayer can kiss my ass...and I just think the guys picked him becuase they like his art or whatever...

I used to think they copy Green Day as well, because there are a lot of coincidences, but what group doesn't?? I love Green day as much as I can, but they are not pionners of everything!

I don't know if they're copying GD...But I did notice during the 'Welcome to the Black Parade" vid a few similarities (ie: going at different speeds like in the AI video, and I guess someone could always say the whole punk or goth parade thing is a lot like the minority video) but not in any major ways.

that you should blame the lack of Sam Bayer's creativity!...becuase he did that video.

1. Green Day did not invent the concept album or rock opera ---> right you are

2. My Chemical Romance have never called their album a rock opera ---> it isn't! and is pretty cool

3. MCRs previous album Three Cheers... was also a concept album, and it was released a couple of months before AI --->dang!

4. Green Day don't own Rob Cavallo, he can work with whoever he wants ---> and Rob rocks!

5. Sam Bayer: see above ---> Sam Bayer can kiss my ass...and I just think the guys picked him becuase they like his art or whatever...

I used to think they copy Green Day as well, because there are a lot of coincidences, but what group doesn't?? I love Green day as much as I can, but they are not pionners of everything!

that you should blame the lack of Sam Bayer's creativity!...becuase he did that video.

ok well I just thought of this too... the intro to the title track on MCR's new record sounds a lot like September.... and watch Gerard's mannerisms in the new video.... looks just like BJ

ok well I just thought of this too... the intro to the title track on MCR's new record sounds a lot like September.... and watch Gerard's mannerisms in the new video.... looks just like BJ

Not at all. Argh I hate deffending MCR here,...but I think you're wrong.

the only song I do think sound like "Green day"...(more likw the network) is House of Wolves...which is a pretty cool song and if oyu listen to it it has nothing Green day.

and what kind of mannerisms?? :lol: I gotta keep an eye on that to mock...I had no idea Billie was that queerish as Gerard is!

well duh..they just want the money...i've always known that..i wasn't gonna make a thread ..but yeah i've noticed..mcr's performances suck..when they perform they have all they dumb props on stage..like when they performed helena everyone in the audience had a black umbrella and then little miss hellana came on stage..there vma performace was just as bad.

Rob Cavallo?

Rock Opera?

hey im not a teenie yet Gerrard IS hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :verymad: :verymad: :verymad: :mad: :verymad:

^:lol:

I hate it when they think you are a teenie simply because you like someone. I don't like Gerard...nor Billie Joe, but I could die for Tre Cool...and I'm not a teenie

I just think it's kind of funny that MCR chose Rob Cavallo

And how do you know that they got to choose what producer to work with?

Rob Cavallo?

Rock Opera?

us?

lmfao

nice username.

Archived