Dads VS Green Day

Meely

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My dad had Dookie in his basement and when I was little and I was somehow fascinated with the cover art cause it looked so childish but of course I didn't exactly know what the whole theme was so I was completely oblivious to it. But my dad likes them so we don't have a problem.

dude me too!

same thing to me also

and of course I didnt open the cd up and actually listen to it!

I just wanted to look at the cover :dry::rolleyes:

haha my dad's aight with GD

he likes saying "hey" during Holiday :lol:

OMG.

My dad does that as well.

Like, without fail. he gets a buzz off it.

And when we saw them live like, a year ago.

He missed it. And he was well upset. I just laughed at him.

I think most of you fags try to hard and dont know what real punk is....

stop listening to afi and mcr and calling yourself punk

not related... just my opinion

whoa there danzig, settle down.

:thumbsup: True punk:

the clash

the damned

sex pistol

propagandhi

iggy pop

and so on...

my dad doesnt care about artists. He cant listen to his Pink Floyd anymore cause I claimed his cds.

My dad, i'm sure, doesn't even know who Green Day are. He has no idea about today's music. I don't really care, lol. I'm sure if he saw their videos he'd make fun of them though :dry:

i wish i had a dad. And if i did, id make him love Green Day...I got my mum to sorta like them..enough that she knows some words of the songs if she hears them, not that she really likes it haha

...My dad's all, "ZOMGZ FELISE IT'S YOUR FAVOURITE SONG!" when WMUWSE comes on the radio in the car. It's not my favourite song either. The other day I go, "It's about a dead guy." then dad's just, "Oh."

:/

My parents did'nt even knew green day before i started listing to them, i'm not even sure they know the clash! :o

Now my dad likes some of their music, but it's not much... And i have a friend that used to like techno and he used to HATE green day, now he really likes green day and he kind of hates techno :D

Fuck Dad! sometimes GREEN DAY"s more important for me!

It's my point of view...

green day is more important for you?

really?

Guest Phoebe.

Hmm. Well, my dad is an arse-hole who I think does not deserve the oxygen he uses up, but then again Green Day are the most irritating band on the planet spare The Wiggles.

I suppose Daddy, because sometimes he takes me on holiday.

I encourage my daughter. It's like

"What are you listening to that crap for? Green Day is the way to go." I'm the good parent :cool:

my dad likes Green Day. He owns International Superhits... But I sortof stole it..

He doesn't like the American Idiot album though..

But he's cool cuz he likes The Clash, The Jam, The Sex Pistols, The Ramones and loads of other great bands. Basically the only bands I like that he doesn't are Angels and Airwaves and Good Charlotte.

He even watches South Park with me! He's pritty cool for a dad :thumbsup: I'd chose him over Green Day

green day is more important for you?

really?

you don't know my dad... he broked my life, our family and I don't love him anymore.

Fuck Dad! sometimes GREEN DAY"s more important for me!

It's my point of view...

wow. you serious? i love Green Day a lot but i dont love them enough to choose them over my dad, except those times i get mad at my dad cuz of some stupid fight.

but its also because of him i started to listen to bands like Queen, Pink Floyd, and The Clash. Plus my dad doesnt mind listening to Green Day.

but its also because of him i started to listen to bands like Queen, Pink Floyd, and The Clash. Plus my dad doesnt mind listening to Green Day.

same here

i didnt end up in the pop or techno corner

thanks dad

wow. you serious? i love Green Day a lot but i dont love them enough to choose them over my dad, except those times i get mad at my dad cuz of some stupid fight.

yeah,i hate him

:dry: I don't get the talks about that, my dad loves Green Day, but the fact of the matter is The Clash is a lot better than Green Day, but you can't compare them because they're different generations, compare them to today's bands.

you don't know my dad... he broked my life, our family and I don't love him anymore.

Broked? :P

Archived