Brandon Flowers criticises Green Day

novacaine_kid

What hidden message is there in American idiot that only Americans get. What are you guys hiding from the rest of the world!!!!!! I demand that you tell me now!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha the only hidden message is the one george bush is too stupid to get

dont forget australia is involved in with bush and blair

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Billies entitled to his opinion. As is Brandon. He just doesn't get this album.

I loved Brandon Flowers so much before knowing that... I mean, he's such a great singer and all. :lol:

He's just jealous because Green day can record a live. He can't because he has a crappy voice live.

BJ's voice live isnt as good as Brandon's imo.

I actually see what he's saying..

And im not taking sides.

Haha, it's true though, us English folk only like American Idiot, coz it's a catchy tune and it's anti-american, i believe we failed to realise the intent that Billie Joe had on the song, Green Day did do a dirty trick by filming BIAB in England, but, fuck-a-doodle-do, as much as I like the Killers, Brandon really needs to quit shittin on other bands, he is right more than half the time but, for me its a cheap way to sell albums.

On the flip side of course, he has a right to be offended and to let off some steam, to be honest i'd be offended too, if it was called "English Idiot" and filmed in America to have a bunch of yanks screaming "ENGLISH IDIOT YAAAAAAAAAY" that'd fuck me off too, I honestly never saw it like that before, but Brandon does have a valid point, while going about it the wrong way, especially since their new album is out.

*thinks of Mr. Brightside*

Jealously, turning saints into the sea

The guy is jealous, so who really cares? He's probably pissed off he doesn't have nine albums out, so who gives a fuck?

Why would he be jelous when theyve just released another amazing album?

Where as AI isnt amazing.

Hes nothing to be jelous for.

*thinks of Mr. Brightside*

Jealously, turning saints into the sea

The guy is jealous, so who really cares? He's probably pissed off he doesn't have nine albums out, so who gives a fuck?

Having nine albums is supposed to make a guy jealous? The Killers haven't been around long so how the fuck can they do that? To me, it shows Green Day are old, and shud quit, whereas The Killers have their future intact.

haha too bad for him..what a fucking dickhead!! The Killers sucks! Ive never liked them, and I doubt i ever will! lol

Having nine albums is supposed to make a guy jealous? The Killers haven't been around long so how the fuck can they do that? To me, it shows Green Day are old, and shud quit, whereas The Killers have their future intact.

Are you serious :blink: how the fuck does this show that green day are old and should quit? to me this shows that brandon flowers is a jealous little fag

He's just trying to get a little publicity. How better to do it than to mention Green Day?

What an asswipe.

Why does he need to do that when his band are HUGE.

I know everyone is entitled to their own opinions but why come out in the media and say it in the way that he did. you cant tell me he isn't jealous!

I dont think he is.

He's just making a point.

And you know its true.

I dont know its true at all.. and i still think his views are wrong.

Lets face it, the killers music will never have the same impact as Green Day's music no matter what. They will never have that much of a following and Brandon Flowers sucks as a frontman. There was no need to come out and say what he said. That is an act of jealousy weather people think so or not

Thats my personal opinion.

Green Day have been out of the limelight for a bout a year, apart from recently where they teamed with U2, so why oh why would he be jealous right now? Honestly, I can't see why he wud be jealous of Green Day, they made a huge impact sure, i mean people sprayed their hair green and made a mockery of rock, but the Killers album is at number one here, if anyone is jealous it should be every single other band, coz they're not number one.

Green Day have been out of the limelight for a bout a year, apart from recently where they teamed with U2, so why oh why would he be jealous right now? Honestly, I can't see why he wud be jealous of Green Day, they made a huge impact sure, i mean people sprayed their hair green and made a mockery of rock, but the Killers album is at number one here, if anyone is jealous it should be every single other band, coz they're not number one.

haha you cant be serious! I mean, how many weeks havent green day been at number one, (almost) every damn album they've had released has been in the top! so yeah i can see why he shud be jelous now! and green day are working on a new album you know...

Yes admittedly Green Day have been out of the spotlight recently but that still doesnt mean people can't be jealous. Look how many albums theyve sold, how many fans they have and how many people go to their shows. The killers are number one here but if green day were to release a new album next week that would change im sure. No one should be jealous of anyone, thats not what music is about

ok 2 people have said "you can't be serious" of course im fucking serious, GAAAAAWDD, thats the most annoying phrase ever...anyway, ok Green Day haven't been number one on EVERY album what are you talking about? Infact American Idiot is the only one to reach the top, muppet.

I don't think Brandon is jealous at all, look its not about album sales are anything like that, the guy is pissed off at a bunch of English teenies thinking it's cool to shout "AMERICAN IDIOT" right? And he's even more pissed off at Green Day, more specifically Billie Joe for giving them the wrong message about the song. It's not fucking jealousy, Jesus Christ.

That idiot Brandon Flowers is always putting down other bands. Last year he was publicly bashing Fall Out Boy and the Bravery. I read in some mag (maybe Blender or Spin) that he apologized to them recently and stated he gets jealous. He makes me sick.

Wasn't it Billie Joe that states somewhere in BIAB that it's not anti-american it's anti-war?! When Mr Flowers and the Killers sell out to 65,000 people TWICE and their frontman is as amazingly talented and unique as Billie Joe then they can come back to us with a statement like that! :P

he just seems to like pissing people off!!!

and so do you, you just called England a mini America, which is possibly the most ignorant shit i've ever read.

K, I'll admit back in 2004 I was all "Yay Green Day, American Idiot" but now i've thought back on all that, and I have realised what a twat I sounded. Right now i know where my head is at, and Brandon Flowers isn't exactly going about his statement the right way, the only possible thing he can be jealous of, is the fact they're working with U2, which i know is one of Brandon's favourite bands, silly really, but whether you like him or not, he has a point about Green Day's intent, I mean why film it in England? Seriously why not film it in America? Because the reaction wouldn't be as big, coz England is generally Anti-America for really, no reason, only the president apparently, to have Billie Joe parade in what looks to be Nazi get up, and bash America through the entire concert is really a fucked up thing to do, no wonder Brandon is a bit miffed.

Wasn't it Billie Joe that states somewhere in BIAB that it's not anti-american it's anti-war?!

I'm pretty sure he says that for Holiday, not American Idiot. I think he made a valid point, but then again I don't think it should be Billie Joe's job to have to explain the meaning of his music. People should be able to take what they want from it and he leaves a lot of his stuff up for interpretation on purpose.

As for the filming BIAB in England; it's not as if Green Day suddenly forgot about the US. They did 3 tours across the USA after American Idiot. Just because they didn't film BIAB here doesn't mean Green Day decided to disown the US or it's fans here.

The best we can hope for is a letter from Billie Joe telling him he's full of shit.

Archived