Brandon Flowers criticises Green Day

novacaine_kid

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How can someone with the surname 'flowers' think he is good enough to slag off Green Day?

He is completely up his own ass, and i knew this anyway so it doesn't really bother me. He was the one who started having a go at 'Emos.' Twat

Haha. You say things like "Yeah? Well, I'd like to see you write 9 albums" to people like him. I think he's jealous. He has nothing over Green Day because us fans kick too much arse.

yer but not always having many albums means your good thats just like people judging a band on how many albums they put out or by what people say

what you people do if it was green day your most favourite band and your other most equally favorite band

say one of em said something about the other which offended you what would you do

How can someone with the surname 'flowers' think he is good enough to slag off Green Day?

He is completely up his own ass, and i knew this anyway so it doesn't really bother me. He was the one who started having a go at 'Emos.' Twat

He's up his own ass? How the hell does he do that? From all the gay sex I suppose....damn another thing to ponder.

and Emo's suck.

^ yeah, it's kinda the same as 'he's got his head so far up his own ass....'

he's randomly picking on bands who are doing better than his own. That's pretty weak and insecure.

yer but not always having many albums means your good thats just like people judging a band on how many albums they put out or by what people say

what you people do if it was green day your most favourite band and your other most equally favorite band

say one of em said something about the other which offended you what would you do

Yeah, I know. I'm just being a tool. I don't really care about what that guy has to say. I just think his last name is a bit homo.

he's randomly picking on bands who are doing better than his own. That's pretty weak and insecure.

haha I know hun. I was making a gay joke. :D

haha I know hun. I was making a gay joke. :D

oh, lol, ok :lol: Well, with a name like Flowers, i guess he's used to that....

oh, lol, ok :lol: Well, with a name like Flowers, i guess he's used to that....

Yeah..the name...and the fact that he is gay. I mean how could he NOT be.

Unfortunately i couldn't find an article on this on the net yet but i saw flicking through the music news pages on ITV's digital TV pages and saw a short article on Brandon Flowers from the Killers criticising Green Day for filming BIAB in England.

He said it annoys him when he sees kids from the UK singing American Idiot as they dont know the true meaning behind it as they have no social attatchment to America, he went on to say that Billie Joe knew this and thats why they chose the UK instead of the States to avoid a backlash from the american people.

I personally think this is complete BS.

What do you guys think?

Is he stupid? American Idiot has a universal meaning. According to him, wars, Bush and the power of america is important only to Americans and not to the rest world (along with UK)? :rolleyes:

I was at Milton Keynes for BIAB and feel insulted that Brandon Flowers has such a poor opinion of the intelligence of UK fans. Does he really think they dont know what A. I. is about ? How can he sink so low as to accuse Billie of being afraid to film it in the US!! Is he saying it for publicity or more to the point as "justcause" says does he have an axe to grind against Green Day. Is he taking a cheap shot at them in order to get his political views across? I dont care what HE thinks I just dontl like him having a go at Green Day in order to get his publicity for his opinions .

Is he stupid? American Idiot has a universal meaning. According to him, wars, Bush and the power of america is important only to Americans and not to the rest world (along with UK)? :rolleyes:

exactly - last time i checked, the UK was over fighting in the war to save our asses too, so it has just as much meaning over here as it does in the states.

I've always thought the Killers sucked. Now I hate them even more. :verymad: MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

I've always thought the Killers sucked. Now I hate them even more. :verymad: MOTHER FUCKERS!!!

yeah, but actually this what Flowers said. we dont know about the other Killers' members opinion about Green Day.

Guess what we have a lot of asshole who come out and talk crap for pointless reasons. This happens to be one of those situations. If you ask me I think it is Jealousy, more than anything else.

Guess what we have a lot of asshole who come out and talk crap for pointless reasons. This happens to be one of those situations. If you ask me I think it is Jealousy, more than anything else.

of course it is every band has to be jealous of green day. :thumbsup:

I agree he does not give us Brits enough credit, we're involved too cos of Arsehole Bush/Blair. Thats what gives us the right to have an opinion. I've lost any respect I had for him.

I agree he does not give us Brits enough credit, we're involved too cos of Arsehole Bush/Blair. Thats what gives us the right to have an opinion. I've lost any respect I had for him.

not only Brits, but everyone in the world must have an opinion in things like that.

why the fuck does he care were they filmed BIAB? He needs to get a life. What an idiot.

Is that the one with the crap hair who looks like a scarecrow? Or the main singer guy who looks like hes from The Village People with his tiny moustache. I don't care. I hate The Killers. Or as their more widely known. The Gayers.

He's just trying to get a little publicity. How better to do it than to mention Green Day?

What an asswipe.

Is that the one with the crap hair who looks like a scarecrow? Or the main singer guy who looks like hes from The Village People with his tiny moustache. I don't care. I hate The Killers. Or as their more widely known. The Gayers.

Brandon flowers is the guy who looks like the missing member of the village people yeah :D

he thinks punk bands are sissy's he was proved wrong i bet hes too scared to pay out a metal band :lol:

What hidden message is there in American idiot that only Americans get. What are you guys hiding from the rest of the world!!!!!! I demand that you tell me now!!!!!!!!!!

I have to say here I drifted into breaking with my own credo - I addressed not what this guy is saying, but why he might have said it, which has a certain relevance in the sense that it could be a straw in the wind, but doesn't answer the basic question - could what he says be true, or not? Fuck, guys, 'question everything' means what it says, or it means nothing at all.

So - could they have been scared of the upshot of something like this? The image of thousands of Americans shouting sentiments like this would have been incredibly powerful, both inside and outside of America, much more so than the kind of touristy images of Britpunks that the movie brought, all very sweet.

So why not do it? I always got the impression that BIAB had a certain spur-of-the-moment thing to it, from something Billie Joe said, that it was all put together pretty fast, and yeah, it's confirmed by how fast it was released afterwards. To me, the movie is much more about the band and who they are, the magic they created on that tour - and chiefly, Billie Joe himself - 'I am Green Day' - he is. It was capturing Bayer's vision of the band, and the effect the music has on people's lives - it was also capturing one beautiful, unforgettable moment in time.

To me, the making of the album itself was the big thing, the decision to risk it was at that point, in my opinion. Billie Joe has said so many times, about so many things, 'there's no going back', and I see that as his philosophy always. The Milton Keynes show obviously shook Brandon up - he didn't like to see other nationalities shouting out about 'Idiot America' - well, Brandon, wake up and smell the Flowers, that's how a lot of the world sees America, and in fact, what Green Day did actually raised people's opinion of Americans, made them see that there was independent thought and some moral courage going on there, that everyone is not a slave to Bush's terror tactics - the power of one light, one mind is a fucking mighty thing to see.

He might also reflect on the fact that if Green Day hadn't spoken their view of America so loud and uncompromisingly, he wouldn't have had cause to stand back and consider what he thinks about his country, what's positive there, and so sing his own song.

What he says lacks generosity and vision, and to me, above all, it's a terrible injustice against the beautiful human story of American Idiot, the man within the landscape, the eyes with which he looks at his country as honestly as he looks at himself; the current regime is just the tip of this iceberg, the culmination of a lot of things, and if you don't hear that in American Idiot, Brandon, you're not fucking listening.

Finally, what if he was right - and I don't believe he is - but you always have to consider all the angles if you want any kind of truth in your life. If he was right, would it take away from the message of the album?

Fuck, no. Would it take away from my love of Green Day, and my respect for what they do? Fuck, no, again. They're human beings who try their best to live their ideals, and to me, that's the important thing, that's a huge thing - I'm not looking for martyrs.

Archived