Brandon Flowers criticises Green Day

novacaine_kid

The Killers' frontman said he believed that his band's new album 'Sam's Town' is a much better representation of America.

well your album didnt go quadruple plantium

fuck you :cool:

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Killers' frontman said he believed that his band's new album 'Sam's Town' is a much better representation of America.

well your album didnt go quadruple plantium

fuck you :cool:

:lol:

or play two sell out stadium shows...

Jealousy gets you no where Mr Flowers!

"I just thought it was really cheap," he explained.

cheap!?! cheap!!?!

you call playing a two-day show with 65,000 fans CHEAP!?!

my god, im bringing some tomotoes to that show

im not all into the Killers

but im going because my best friend loves them

and she always goes to my concerts.

Thanks for the link i didnt get to see the whole thing

Aww so poor Mr flowers is offended! :P jeezus christ! When the killers play sellout stadium shows infront of 120'000 people over 2 days (which will be never) maybe people might give a shit

Do you think Brandon Flowers pee's standing up? Cause I reallly think that he pee's like a chick....but thats just me.

I don't mind The Killers but seriously, what's a dude with the name Brandon Flowers got any right to say something about Green Day.

well anyone has the right to say what they think until it goes too far and becomes a legal matter so dont get all worked up over someone thats not going to be as famous as green day let him crash and burn

well anyone has the right to say what they think until it goes too far and becomes legal so dont get all worked up over someone thats not going to be as famous as green day let him crash and burn

Haha. I was pretty much just bagging out his name, sweetie. :D

Well, I do believe maybe Brandon has an ax to grind with Green Day; I read an interview a couple of weeks ago where he lumped them in with some other bands critical of the current state of America. He talked about how he'd rather big up the positive side of American life than focus on the negative - my opinion on that is, bollox, Green Day stuck their necks out to say something that needed saying, and have been all the time at pains to say AI is not anti-American, but anti-regime, anti the current culture of media-anaesthesia, and particularly, anti-war.

Brandon does not come across as stupid, so I can only conclude that he's being obtuse here and that there may be some resentment going on, whether he admits it or not. He's an interesting guy, in some ways very upfront about stuff, but he has this conservatism going on at the back of it. Btw, U2 are a big influence for him, far as I know they supported U2 in some of their shows last year. I loved Hot Fuss and I like the new one even more, it's darker - name escapes me right now.

What I was feeling in that interview was maybe what way the wind is blowing - I wondered if it was the beginning of a backlash against Green Day; although AI didn't go down a storm with everyone, the band themselves were surprised not to meet with more hostility when it was released - kind of the opposite happened, because it was timely and it struck a chord.

I just wondered if the wheel was beginning to turn in the other direction.

Do you think Brandon Flowers pee's standing up? Cause I reallly think that he pee's like a chick....but thats just me.

:D that wouldn't surprise me

yup, who cares if brandon flowers criticize green day?? i think i have the rights to sing any song i want..

uhm what?

Haha. I was pretty much just bagging out his name, sweetie. :D

haha its all cool but he shouldnt actually say that cause hes gonna get slandered considering green days way more powerful and well known unlike them green day have a reputation in music and you shouldnt mess with a band that has reputation like tom delongue dissed them earlier this year he aint saying shit now is he

i wouldnt be surpirsed bands like green day hate him :lol:

haha its all cool but he shouldnt actually say that cause hes gonna get slandered considering green days way more powerful and well known unlike them green day have a reputation in music and you shouldnt mess with a band that has reputation like tom delongue dissed them earlier this year he aint saying shit now is he

Well thats not saying much because Tom Delongue wasn't really shit before that either.

Well thats not saying much because Tom Delongue wasn't really shit before that either.

i didnt say he was shit i was saying how is saying anything about about them now

He has the right to his opinion; but I for one, and Green Day for sure will not give a shit about it.

i wouldnt be surpirsed bands like green day hate him :lol:

Haha. You say things like "Yeah? Well, I'd like to see you write 9 albums" to people like him. I think he's jealous. He has nothing over Green Day because us fans kick too much arse.

i didnt say he was shit i was saying how is saying anything about about them now

Well you'd feel sorry for me if you knew where I lived...cause around here..we can't read. haha. I AM a jackass. Even though it didn't make sense, I stand by what I said...Tom sucks.

Well you'd feel sorry for me if you knew where I lived...cause around here..we can't read. haha. I AM a jackass. Even though it didn't make sense, I stand by what I said...Tom sucks.

its cool

oh god, not an arguement again.

i beleive that Mr Flowers has the rite to critize people if he wants.

Archived