Might Green Day play older or recent songs during concerts?

Waffles

I want to hear him say that

so I can figure out how to pronounce Pasalacqua :lol:

I say it like Pah-sal-la-aqua

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I submitted a question for the Idiot Club asking if on the next tour, they would consider mixing in some of the lesser-known songs for us long-time fans who enjoy more than just the "radio songs" of Green Day.

Yes, I'm a dork.

Maybe if a lot of people submit that to the Idiot Club, they might pick it?

I don't know, but I'll submit it, too. =]

I know this sounds stupid, but I think it would be awesome if they did a sort of "oldies" tour or a "''Before AI" tour or something. :/

That's a good idea! They should :thumbsup:

I have seen that soundcheck. Billie kind of slaughtered "Misery." If they ever do decide to do it in concert, he'll really have to study up on the lyrics. :lol:

Haha, I know, he did! I was like...wha? That's not how it goes...I think it would be cool if they played that one in concert. Maybe they don't play as many 1039 Smooth/Kerplunk songs because they have already played them so much in the earlier days? But yeah, that doesn't mean they shouldn't still play them because they are so good...

I know this sounds stupid, but I think it would be awesome if they did a sort of "oldies" tour or a "''Before AI" tour or something. :/

That would be great. I'd love to hear some of their older songs played live. :happy:

the usually play a good mix but i wished the would play songs more off kerplunk! and other lesser know songs

Haha, I know, he did! I was like...wha? That's not how it goes...I think it would be cool if they played that one in concert. Maybe they don't play as many 1039 Smooth/Kerplunk songs because they have already played them so much in the earlier days? But yeah, that doesn't mean they shouldn't still play them because they are so good...

That's right

i've heard AI and Wake me up too many times, the're great songs but i want to listen to the older ones sometimes

I would like to hear stuck with me, waiting and uptight at a concert...Love the lyrics

or some songs of Dookie and Kerplunk, too.

They played Christie Road at the Fuse Comp'd thingy, oh and Who Wrote Holden Caulfield?, and I Faught The Law,Welcome To Paradise, Minority (all of the oldies that were televised)

i would like to hear give me novacaine they dont usually play this song do they?

i think theyre gonna mx their older and new stuff thats cool :thumbsup:

Well their next tour, they will have a new album...12-15 songs, probably play 4 or more of those. A.I. no matter what we hope they will play A.I>, Holiday, BOBD, maybe even JOS. I think the reason they don't do many songs from 1,039 and Kerplunk is because who's funding the tour if I'm not mistaken...Reprise...what label are 1,039 and Kerplunk on? Not Reprise. A person who loved BOBD went to the concert just to hear that song, and they heard ANDROID(shit I wish) and they want that CD, will Reprise get money? No. i just wish they wil do more shows that are longer than 2 hours. When they only come along every 4 years it seems, it's not long enough. But then they will be very fatigued so I dunno...just a ramble.

Well their next tour, they will have a new album...12-15 songs, probably play 4 or more of those. A.I. no matter what we hope they will play A.I>, Holiday, BOBD, maybe even JOS. I think the reason they don't do many songs from 1,039 and Kerplunk is because who's funding the tour if I'm not mistaken...Reprise...what label are 1,039 and Kerplunk on? Not Reprise. A person who loved BOBD went to the concert just to hear that song, and they heard ANDROID(shit I wish) and they want that CD, will Reprise get money? No. i just wish they wil do more shows that are longer than 2 hours. When they only come along every 4 years it seems, it's not long enough. But then they will be very fatigued so I dunno...just a ramble.

oh, I never thought of that. but it did make sense. but I still wish I someday will get to hear songs like going to pasalaqua, disappearing boy and at the library live.. I really get a kick out of those songs

I'd like to see Tre do Dominated Love Slave, and All By Myself. I've only seen clips of him doing those.

Mostly, I just want them to come near Kentucky. I'm allowed to go. :eyebrows:

Yeah, it would be great if they played some of their older and lesser known stuff at concerts, but I can see why they pick the more popular songs :)

In my question, I added that we'd love to hear them do "Misery" live. :D

That is such a creepy song! Good thing about playing it live is that it might scare the teenies in the crowd :lol:

I'd like to see Tre do Dominated Love Slave, and All By Myself. I've only seen clips of him doing those.

:lol: lol I'd like to see that too

it'd be sweet if they did some old shit from Kerplunk, the only song they've done that i've seen and heard is 2,000 Lightyears Away, or maybe even some covers like they used to do in the old days, Knowledge and Shout just don't cut it anymore, they're kinda worn out now.

I hope they play old songs, and songs off of their upcoming album....and maybe a couple A.I songs.. like J.O.S or Holiday or something...

Im pretty sure thats all it boils down to. With each new album, they'll play less and less older stuff. The next tour would have to fit in their new stuff, AI stuff, then an old song here or there, probably longview and basket case.

They usually do like basket case, brain stew, minority, and sometimes hitchin a ride for older songs mixed with american idiot, JOS, holiday, boulevard, and wake me up

Ok...i think in a more realistic approach the band will definitely pla a mix of old and new stuff to accomodate for most fans like they have always done. Sorry 2 burst ppl's bubble but the band will continue 2 play AI, Holiday, BOBD, WMUWSE and JOS(maybe) - i really believe this because these songs are the songs that made them real big and tbh i just cant see them being dropped - i mean look at their other big songs over the years e.g Basket Case and Longview, Good Riddance - always been part off the set - so let's be realistic. However, i do believe they should have a gap in a set for some older, more rare material and play different songs at fdifferent vvenues which will add more excitement to the gig because the AI tour became very predictable and i think a bit of a surprise element would add to the gig. Heres a list of songs tha i'm 100% sure will stay on the set as regulars:

American Idiot

Holiday

Hitchin' A Ride

Boulevard Of Broken Dreams

Minority

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Basket Case

Longview

Good Riddance

Songs that MAYBE get ditched:

Knowledge

Shout

We Are The Champions

She

Maria

Are We The Waiting

St. Jimmy

ADD 6 new songs from the new album

Songs that SHOULD/ COULD be played (not all of these but some should be played at each gig)

Welcome to Paradise

When I Come Around

Waiting

Jesus Of Suburbia

2,000 Light Years Away

Brain Stew

Jaded

Nice Guys Finish Last

J.A.R.

Rare/ Extra i.e 1039/Kerplunk - 1 or 2 songs per gig - then u have a complete setlist (they could have more songs in their set if they ditch Knowledge which usually last at least 10 minutes and i'm sure no1 would realy object

Archived