Green Day/U2 on U2's Best Songs Album

justcause

The Saints are Coming is to feature on U2's third volume of hits, Best Songs. I personally take issue with the title - how can they all be best songs, three albums full, lol?

Unless it's just a re-issue of stuff that appeared in their previous greatest hits things, I'll be interested to see the track-list for this one, because they must be scraping the bottom of the barrel at this stage; U2 are nothing like as prolific as Green Day are, with Billie Joe's drive to create.

I feel like I can hear the hatchets of the uninformed being sharpened at the idea of Green Day on a U2 album, but perhaps I'll be pleasantly surprised. Anyway, Music Rising benefits again, which is the main thing.

http://www.gigwise.com/news.asp?contentid=23052

^^^^^

YES

and I´m not going to buy it - justcause (sorry!) - I´d rahter donat some extra cash or better still buy an back up singles cd :)

^^^^^

YES

and I´m not going to buy it - justcause (sorry!) - I´d rahter donat some extra cash or better still buy an back up singles cd :)

Well, yeah - I could only imagine really serious GD collectors who want absolutely every issue would buy it, because most fans will buy the single cd; so I guess it would be mainly U2 fans going for it, but the charity still benefits from their huge fanbase and any new admirers they've picked up. Plus the U2 fans get to have some Green Day in their collections, which can only benefit them!

Good for them, if Green Day is good with it, then so am I!

Anything to benefit the Musicians in New Orleans.

U2's first greatest hits was from 1980-1990

Second one was 1990-2000

so I guess this will either be a combo of both of those or

just 2000-2006.

U2 has been around A LONG time, they have loads of fans One doesn't have tto be a fan of U2's music,

but I can't imagine anyone not respecting what they have accomplished and all the good they do in the world. :)

I'm not a U2 fan, I think they're overrated beyond belief.

So I'm not all "woohoo" with the whole Green Day and U2 idea.

I wont be buying that, or any U2 CD. Appart from maybe The Saints are Coming. :blush:

Wow,intreresting,very interesting

Ill just wait for someone else to buy the album then burn it :P

Evil i know but im skint

Good for them, if Green Day is good with it, then so am I!

Anything to benefit the Musicians in New Orleans.

U2's first greatest hits was from 1980-1990

Second one was 1990-2000

so I guess this will either be a combo of both of those or

just 2000-2006.

U2 has been around A LONG time, they have loads of fans One doesn't have tto be a fan of U2's music,

but I can't imagine anyone not respecting what they have accomplished and all the good they do in the world. :)

Ok, let's level the playing field by saying - Music Rising and The Saints aside.....!

Yeah, I do respect U2, to a certain extent - but they're a band, not a football team, and if they don't produce the goods, I wouldn't feel the need to support them. I just don't know why they would be bringing out a third greatest hits - it seems excessive to me. C'mon, didn't you say yourself that they were a suck-a-rama live last year, lol?!

But, I suppose it's record companies packaging and re-packaging, bringing it to a new audience. And they do good in the world, yeah - so I would contribute to their causes, but I find their music tired and none too inspirational; Green Day evolve all the time, they don't ever rely on their back catalogue.

Awsome good for them , with green day you know that will be a hit , i'm not a big u2 fan but i really lookin forward to heardin what it sounds like , well green day with them , you know it's going to be great

both bands together sound pretty good...I don't like U2 very much, but they play very well with Green Day

I don't think I would buy it because I have all the good U2 songs and all the Green Day Songs.

Archived