If Green Day Were Straight Edge

nessa1416

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's Phoebe when she's needed ?

This is a cue for me and her to make up some nice straight edge lyrics, but she's alseep and I'm not far from it myself :/

Oh well.

You know that's rubbish Sherri, you're witty, gritty and pretty enough for anything.

Problem is I'm blinking back the zzzzz's as we speak so I'm useless myself right now.

Maybe I'll get a second wind a little later.

GD will be a lot different. but then i think they will suck. maybe they should stop the drugs but its alright to me:)

Straight Edge Green Day would probably be about as good musically, but i think they would suffer lyrically.

Straight Edge Green Day would probably be about as good musically, but i think they would suffer lyrically.

Yeah. They could just make up lyrics like Cobain did in SLTS...without the libido part. That's bad! :P

Most straightedge is Hardcore. That's what they get high on, letting their pent-up frustrations out through the aggressive music and moshing since they don't party.

They're definitely not singing about puppies and flowers, it's often militant.

Green Day wouldn't exist for many reasons but imagine them not having a beer before going onstage.

yes, it would be way different

i am sorry, even if you kids dont want to believe it, drugs/alcholhol play a HUGE part in a rock musicians inspiration. if the beatles never did drugs they would have never made Rubber Soul. Getting high gave them ispiratiation to make that far out sound.

I mean, after all, Mike Dirnt wrote the bass line to Longview on acid.

Yeah, of course. They wouldn't be the same band. Green Day wouldn't be called Green Day, no more drugs/sex/booze references, therefore Blood, Sex, and Booze wouldn't exist.

No more funny Tre Cool sex jokes! :blink:

Nah - it just wouldn't be Green Day. The music would sound totally different

New album cover ?

IPB Image

:lol:

It's just that, alot of Green Day's reputation is partying hard, trashing hotel rooms, and getting trashed themselves. I couldnt imagine what they would be like with out the drinking and drugs.

:o There would be no Longview...

:o:o:o no longview..........that sucks :down:

Haha I'm sure they could still make good music without getting trashed but I think that was part of the GD charm around when Dookie came out, it would be different though...

But then again Green Day wouldn't be Green Day if they didn't have a "jagged edge" feeling you know, that's just them I think :blush: (and I don't just mean drink,drugs, sex ect. I mean taking risks like they did with AI)

I guess all the references to drink/drugs/sex would be out and instead they would sing about puppy dogs and flower arranging ?

hahaha, agreed.

I think even the band name would change. I mean, Green Day... it's a reference to drugs.

Maybe their music would not change but the lyrics & stuff would.

If Green Day would be straight edge, they would probably be just like any other band!

What make Green Day, Green Day are the aggressive lyrics! It’s all about the drugs… and the drinking, and getting totally wasted and going insane stuff!

The music itself would also probably be a little different!

It would be boring!!!

hell yeah their music would be different..for one,longview and basket case would have never been made..and those are freakin classics.

also how they perform...well form "back in the day" anyway..i dont know if they still do that

Archived