If Green Day Were Straight Edge

nessa1416

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well they just wouldnt be Green Day i mean thats what they are about so if they were "straight edge" then they wouldnt be Green Day

I Agree with you

if they were, then they probably wouldn't have formed.

because they wouldn't have been high when they were in high school, and would have decided to stay in school most likely. and be a buisness man.

I guess all the references to drink/drugs/sex would be out and instead they would sing about puppy dogs and flower arranging ?

Anti-Flag is straightedge and they don't sing about flower arranging:

"Fuck the flag and fuck you!"

"Die for your government, die for your country that's shit!"

"Fuck police, fuck police brutality!"

And sex doesn't have to be included in fucking straightedge. XX means no booze, drugs, or cigs. You can fuck whoever you want. If your straightedge and don't have sex, that's called being hardline.

"I'm not a vegan and I have sex

so the hardline kids wanna kick my ass

they're just a bunch of stupid jocks

if you're not like them they wanna clean your clock

they're anti-choice

fascist youth

their music sounds like metal tunes

indie sux, hardline sux, emo sux, you suck"

if they were, then they probably wouldn't have formed.

because they wouldn't have been high when they were in high school, and would have decided to stay in school most likely. and be a buisness man.

the band name itself is a marijuana reference. duh!

yes, it would be way different

i am sorry, even if you kids dont want to believe it, drugs/alcholhol play a HUGE part in a rock musicians inspiration. if the beatles never did drugs they would have never made Rubber Soul. Getting high gave them ispiratiation to make that far out sound.

I mean, after all, Mike Dirnt wrote the bass line to Longview on acid.

The best songs ever have been written under the influence of dope. When you're stoned, your sense of music greatly improves, try it.

^ The bass line for longview was written on an acid trip.

Exactly. The best GD song ever wouldnt exist

I guess all the references to drink/drugs/sex would be out and instead they would sing about puppy dogs and flower arranging ?

That is awesome.

But yeah, I don't think they would even exsist.

I hate these hypothetical questions. "What if"--"What WOULD happen IF this"--

What if they didn't do drugs? But they did, because that's who they were. They chose that path, or it chose them, whatever--the point is, to think of them without drugs is to think of them as different people, and that's just a pointless affair. Once you think of them as different people, you can't think of their music, because it just wouldn't exist. If you unravel their history too much, all you get is a big mess.

It's like in Back to the Future, or any time-travel story: if you change one thing, everything else changes. The butterfly effect, right?

Their name wouldn't even be Green Day. Just think about the name if you already don't know what it means.

I know, since Green Day is a day of smoking weed all day.....

I know, since Green Day is a day of smoking weed all day.....

Some people also call that Tuesday. Or Wednesday. Or Thursday...

:sleep:[<---burnt]

yep. they gave up drugs, and they went downhill.

Haha, shut up. :rolleyes:

I can't even think of a more in-depth response to that.

Yeah, the songs would be different. I think if they were straight edge, the songs would be more against drugs and crap like that.

of course they would be different... first off they wouldnt be called green day

lol thats funny.....and I think straight edge is just a nice term for pussies

It's just that, alot of Green Day's reputation is partying hard, trashing hotel rooms, and getting trashed themselves. I couldnt imagine what they would be like with out the drinking and drugs.

:o There would be no Longview...

just because you dont drink or whatever doesnt mean you cant "party hard"

and i think their songs might be different, but they're still the same people soooo.... i dunno.

i think billie would write in the same style... maybe their stlye would be different, but i dont think that drugs made them as good as they are.

hmm :ermm:

'OH NOES NO LONGVU???ZKJLHSKJDG!!!'

....It doesn't bother me to think about it, its pretty simple, they aren't straight edge, and they won't become straight edge, and to think about if they WERE straight edge when they started? well we wouldn't be talking then would we?

So in conclusion to my semi-rant, If Green Day were straight edge, I wouldn't be here.

:lol:

Archived