Green Day & U2 Performance

Fuzz

I agree with you again :) ....art should be always about tell the truth...I don't have fear of see the pain on it, or in his voice....Thats why I love Vincent: the truth and his pain on his drawnings.

.....but its not about that: I can see his agony on this pic, his honesty on it...its so clear to me. But what I feel behind this pic thats what disturbe me...not the pain, not his face, not thim......sorry, I can't explain....is a feeling, just it.....and maybe im wrong, why not?.....is just a feeling that something is not right on it.

Maybe it's that he's at a place where he never wanted to be - the song is all about a boy who tries to connect with the father he lost - 'no matter how hard I try, I realise there's no reply'; it can't have been easy for him to have to sing that over and over, hammering it home with that pounding chorus, something forcing itself on him.

Sometimes people never give up hope of that connection - sometimes it's all that keeps them going.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a really stark, strong image, I love it. It looks punk, it suits the 'cause' tone and the emotional content of the song.

Both of these men are 'crying to their daddies', there is agony on Billie Joe's face - anyone who couldn't see it all over the Abbey Road photos and the intensity of his vocal - well, look at the logic of it; a song like that, in September, yeah? I think it cost him, but that's just my response to what I saw and heard, and my response to music is emotional.

Everyone noticed how different his vocal is on this song - it's coming from a place of suffering. I find the live performance tough to watch or listen to because of that - it's so fucking vivid and raw.

I totally agree. I really like the picture, and emotion behind it.

Maybe it's that he's at a place where he never wanted to be - the song is all about a boy who tries to connect with the father he lost - 'no matter how hard I try, I realise there's no reply'; it can't have been easy for him to have to sing that over and over, hammering it home with that pounding chorus, something forcing itself on him.

Sometimes people never give up hope of that connection - sometimes it's all that keeps them going.

"Maybe it's that he's at a place where he never wanted to be".....yeah, now I think that you find the feeling that I feel......I just didn't know how to explain it.....thanks :)

Edge deserves to be in that cover art, not Bono

:/

Edge seems to be the mastermind behind all this but I guess he's a little shy ..........

Bono and BJ are the instantly recognisable faces of both bands and they obviously want to sell as many copies as possible .....

AHHAHAHAHA. that cover scared the crap out of me. I don't want to buy the single in a way, but i will.

it's so sick.

I quite like it. It's different, which is cool. Had everyone from each band been on it, it could have turned out a bit cheesy looking.

The pic is a little freaks me out but in some away I can't to move my eyes from the pic. It’s really attractive

Haha... in germany we say "two heads are better than one!". I like the coverartwork. It's a good project and I hope they'll make a lot of money for the people in new orleans.

Respect!!! << And that's what everyone, who was involved, deserves! :)

^ yeah - that's what we've got to think of - the fact that it'll bring a lot of money to New Orleans - that's the cause people! :D

But you're right, the coverart is fuckin scary :lol:

Wow.. first the cover art scared the hell outta me, but now I'm actually starting to like it.

It's a very powerful picture, and I think it suits the song and the message they're trying to get out.

whoo. i heard the album version monday night while eating supper.

i like the live better, even if Billie's voice wasn't too great..

^ Uh I'm pretty sure the actual CD comes out in early November while the single will be available for download later this month. Yeah?

Archived